LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
this was our f**king year too

f**k YOU BETTMAN

this lockout has to be the stupidest thing I've seen a commish do....

I don't understand how the NHL making more money than ever = owners want players to take a pay cut.y
sharks owners said they lost 15 mill last season

I don't believe the numbers owners provide.

Also, the owner of the Sharks has seen their value increase by about $50million in the span of 10 years.

The Sharks lost reportedly $6.2million, but according to Forbes.com they just make a capital call and call in investments that investors made but have not yet paid. So them "losing" money is a pretty skeptical thing.

It was?
Originally posted by SFrush:

It was?

This.
Sharks hockey is back!!!
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Sharks hockey is back!!!

Woohoo! Maybe the short season will benefit us lol
Sharks hockey is back!!!

Originally posted by NickV:
Sharks hockey is back!!!

Lol was thinking the same thing, the crap I've suffered for years with this team I'll take a Stanley cup even if its questioned due to the short season
Originally posted by NickV:
Sharks hockey is back!!!

3 of our top six defensemen are hurt

and

we have no cap space to sign 9 players
If Burns is unable to play at the start of the season (pending a new CBA agreement), the Sharks will have a big hole to fill on their back end. Jason Demers is already sidelined until at least the beginning of February with a broken wrist, according to his agent, while Justin Braun has been recovering from a hand injury. Braun should be "ready to play" from the outset if the season gets going, his agent said recently.

burns might be out for the season

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/kevin-kurz/burns-played-hurt-second-half
Sharks!

Quote:
If Burns is unable to play at the start of the season (pending a new CBA agreement), the Sharks will have a big hole to fill on their back end. Jason Demers is already sidelined until at least the beginning of February with a broken wrist, according to his agent, while Justin Braun has been recovering from a hand injury. Braun should be "ready to play" from the outset if the season gets going, his agent said recently.

burns might be out for the season

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/kevin-kurz/burns-played-hurt-second-half

Our only hope would be that Braun will have made huge strides from last season (he was on the upswing at least) and would step huge. Our D-pairing would be this at this point.. without Burns..

Murray-Boyle
Vlasic-Demers
Braun-Stewart
The other good news is that James Sheppard looks healthy. 21 points in 33 games and plus-1 rating. I wonder if they're going to use Tim Kennedy as the new Torrey Mitchell and pull him from Worcester? He has 30 points in 31 games.

So.. what are our starting lines?

Marleau-Thornton-Pavelski
Clowe-Couture-Havlat
Burish-Desjardins-Wingels
Galiardi-Sheppard-Handzus?
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 6, 2013 at 4:47 PM ]
Anyone know when the schedule comes out?
Anyone know when the schedule comes out?

soon

we may open season in Calgary on 1/20
Not sure how I feel about a 48 game season. It beats have no season but things feel too rushed.
Share 49ersWebzone