There are 161 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Sharks sign four, Matsumoto, McCarthy, McLaren, and Galiardi .. But nobody really cares.....

For some reason there are talks about us possibly signing Alexander Semin.. why?
OMG what a boring ass off season
For some reason there are talks about us possibly signing Alexander Semin.. why?

why not?

1 year deal for 2 mill

for a yr or 2 for 5 per yr i'll sign him in a heat beat, hes not gonna get a long term contract. he'll add explosiveness when he wants to show it to our offense and lord knows we need depth. i'd rather sign him than give up pavelski in a trade for nash and his insane contract, i want us to roll 3 lines that defenses need to worry about. right now were a 2nd rd and out and depending on match up like this past yr a possible 1 and out. only thing i like is our defense right now
Originally posted by ads_2006:

why not?

1 year deal for 2 mill
semin is not signing that to play in the west coast when he can get that with detroit playing with datsyuk or pittsburgh with malkin. only way he'll sign with us is if were the only team interested but as the off season goes on teams will forget his issues and realize his immense talent and give him a 1 or 2 yr deal to prove himself
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

why not?

1 year deal for 2 mill
semin is not signing that to play in the west coast when he can get that with detroit playing with datsyuk or pittsburgh with malkin. only way he'll sign with us is if were the only team interested but as the off season goes on teams will forget his issues and realize his immense talent and give him a 1 or 2 yr deal to prove himself

ain't nobody give him that kind of offer yet (5 mill per year) so, I would try to lowball him

waiting for doan and luongo trade i suppose

why not?

1 year deal for 2 mill

ain't nobody give him that kind of offer yet (5 mill per year) so, I would try to lowball him

we may need to give him 5 mil to get him to come to sj, doan is most likely. i want nothing to do with luongo's contract

why not?

1 year deal for 2 mill

we may need to give him 5 mil to get him to come to sj, doan is most likely. i want nothing to do with luongo's contract

If Semin signs, do you put him on the 2nd or 3rd line? With a larger contract.. probably the 2nd. If we get neither Doan or Semin, we start the year with what we've got.. Anyone consider some line shuffling?

Marleau-Thornton-Couture
Clowe-Pavelski-Havlat
Burish-Desjardins-Wingels
Galiardi-Handzus-McCarthy

And frankly.. if we're going to do that, I'd rather use Demers as a winger on days we feel like playing Murray on Defense. Our lines look suspect after the top two. We don't know what we'll get with Burish. Handzus is declining, McCarthy is basically a minor leaguer who hasn't shown much, and Galiardi sucks. If we don't get another star/solid guy to help boost our offense, as well as be insurance for Havlat.. we'll be slow and containable, especially if Desjardins and Wingels don't improve much on their rookie years.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jul 18, 2012 at 10:31 PM ]
those weber rumors were true apparently

we were one of teams involved in trade talks for weber

no semin for u boys either.signed with carolina for 7 million for a year.

Most definitely. Wilson extending Vlasic to a reasonable extension was our only great move this offsaeson.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:

Most definitely. Wilson extending Vlasic to a reasonable extension was our only great move this offsaeson.

We have no money.

Sharks arent really in the business of over paying freeagents anyway.
well im very sure we wont be winning the cup this coming season with my expectations so low i wont be so disappointed come april or may like ive been in the past.
Originally posted by Garcia:
We have no money.

Sharks arent really in the business of over paying freeagents anyway.

The biggest problem is Wilson handed out so many NTC's.
Share 49ersWebzone