There are 224 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

Originally posted by Garcia:
Marleau and Thornton are gonna be 33. Not that old.
Havlat will be 31.

Dan Boyle is the oldest on the team gonna be 36... old but not that old.

Majority of the team is under 30..
Pavelski, Couture, Clowe (will be 30 in sept) Desjardins,
Burns, Vlasic, Braun, Demers

The core of the team isn't too old, IMO

our problem is we don't have a lot of true youth and speed and unfortunately doug wilson has a tendency to trade our good proven parts for lesser parts more often than not. unless he makes some really good deals, i don't see how this team can take steps forward without taking a few backwards steps first.
shark's facebook page:

Sharks Acquire Defenseman Brad Stuart from Detroit in Exchange for Forward Andrew Murray and a Conditional Draft Selection in 2014

Tell me more. Is this a good trade, a good player?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
shark's facebook page:

Sharks Acquire Defenseman Brad Stuart from Detroit in Exchange for Forward Andrew Murray and a Conditional Draft Selection in 2014

Tell me more. Is this a good trade, a good player?

Brad Stuart is a piece we used to trade for Joe Thornton to the Bs back in 05/06.
Lol.

He is older. But a pretty damn good defensemen. Kind of like a Rob Blake.

Actually, he is Only 32.

I don't know how good Andrew Murray is... but on the surface, this seems like a great trade.
[ Edited by Garcia on Jun 10, 2012 at 1:28 PM ]
i thought we had cut andrew murray's ass months ago? also, if the conditional pick is a third or lower, i like this trade a lot.

bringing brad stuart home!

i haven't watched him a lot in the last year, anyone know how he's looked in detroit? why are they so willing to part ways? does he still have legs and can he get the puck out of the zone? we need to drop dead legs murray now so we aren't spending so much time in our own zone.
Love this move! Brad Stuart is coming back home.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by drunk49er:
i thought we had cut andrew murray's ass months ago? also, if the conditional pick is a third or lower, i like this trade a lot.

i haven't watched him a lot in the last year, anyone know how he's looked in detroit? why are they so willing to part ways? does he still have legs and can he get the puck out of the zone? we need to drop dead legs murray now so we aren't spending so much time in our own zone.

He's a free agent and Detroit probably figured he wasn't coming back anyhow since he said he has a house here already and wants to be in cali. I don't think it's them being so willing to part ways as much as it is trying to get something instead of nothing. As far as how he has played recently, I haven't watched him much lately. Some wings fans bash on him but I probably would too if I were them just because he's leaving them.

Andrew murray was a 4th liner who really didn't add all that much, okay but not great on the pk. Easily replaceable. The conditional pick likely is a late rounder and doesn't come into effect for another two years. This trade is simply for rights so nothing too valuable is being given away here.
good move, guarantee having rights to him before possibly anaheim or la have interest. its been fun seeing murray bully ppl but i think hes the one stuart is gonna replace, murray is beyond slow
Originally posted by mike:
He's a free agent and Detroit probably figured he wasn't coming back anyhow since he said he has a house here already and wants to be in cali. I don't think it's them being so willing to part ways as much as it is trying to get something instead of nothing. As far as how he has played recently, I haven't watched him much lately. Some wings fans bash on him but I probably would too if I were them just because he's leaving them.

Andrew murray was a 4th liner who really didn't add all that much, okay but not great on the pk. Easily replaceable. The conditional pick likely is a late rounder and doesn't come into effect for another two years. This trade is simply for rights so nothing too valuable is being given away here.

yeah, the more i look into the move it sounds like you nailed it. we gave them something very small to have the rights to negotiate with a guy who wants to be here anyway. from what wings fans are saying, his play has dropped off a bit but he's still a serviceable guy at the bottom of your top 4 or a very solid third pair guy.

boyle/vlasic
burns/demers
stuart/braun

seeya murray!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

this move means Ryan Suter to the wings
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

this move means Ryan Suter to the wings

i think hes going to the wings but this move was the wings doing stuart a favor and trading him to a team he wants to be and at least getting something in return.

It's a conditional 7th round draft pick: http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/8034372/san-jose-sharks-acquire-d-brad-stuart-detroit-red-wings
Stuart > Vandermeer + White combined.
  • mike
  • Veteran
yeah, the more i look into the move it sounds like you nailed it. we gave them something very small to have the rights to negotiate with a guy who wants to be here anyway. from what wings fans are saying, his play has dropped off a bit but he's still a serviceable guy at the bottom of your top 4 or a very solid third pair guy.

boyle/vlasic
burns/demers
stuart/braun

seeya murray!

I prefer Vlasic/Burns
Boyle-Stuart
Demers-Braun

Boyle is getting old and should have his minutes start to fall off in favor of Burns. Burns pairs better with vlasic than demers because both demers and burns would be offensive dmen(and demers has had to go back to the AHL several times to work on defense). If burns jumps up like a forward you want vlasic there to be able to back him up in case it starts going the other way. Both Burns and Vlasic are young guys who are just going to get better as a pair.

If Murray is truly the man on the chopping block, Stuart is his replacement as a partner for Boyle. He's faster than murray, still hits pretty hard, but most of all he's not a complete dud when he has the puck on his stick. He has a slapshot that still manages him 5-7 goals a year and a decent amount of assists too, while Murray has one goal in the past two years. It's important to have that threat from both sides of the ice for a quick slapshot that's going to hit on net.
  • mike
  • Veteran
However I'm totally cool with trading boyle if someone good pops up we can go after.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I prefer Vlasic/Burns
Boyle-Stuart
Demers-Braun

Boyle is getting old and should have his minutes start to fall off in favor of Burns. Burns pairs better with vlasic than demers because both demers and burns would be offensive dmen(and demers has had to go back to the AHL several times to work on defense). If burns jumps up like a forward you want vlasic there to be able to back him up in case it starts going the other way. Both Burns and Vlasic are young guys who are just going to get better as a pair.

If Murray is truly the man on the chopping block, Stuart is his replacement as a partner for Boyle. He's faster than murray, still hits pretty hard, but most of all he's not a complete dud when he has the puck on his stick. He has a slapshot that still manages him 5-7 goals a year and a decent amount of assists too, while Murray has one goal in the past two years. It's important to have that threat from both sides of the ice for a quick slapshot that's going to hit on net.

I love Jason Demers and Justin Braun.
Especially Justin Braun. HIm and Stuart could be really good IMO together
Share 49ersWebzone