LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 167 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

this team is better on xbox then they are in real life
Holy smokes! What a shot by Couture!! Have to love that sequence. 2 for 2 on the power play right there.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Anyone notice Brent Burns as a forward the last two games? ( 3 points )

Brent Burns was an absolute FORCE tonight.

If he can play like this as a forward and be that impact player, that catalyst this team needs..... We could be a great team again.

Wow he was such a beast tonight.
Originally posted by Garcia:

If he can play like this as a forward and be that impact player, that catalyst this team needs..... We could be a great team again.

Very Byfulgien-esque

Personally I LOVE when coaches are willing to move a D to forward. Typically D-men are less skilled then forwards but have a better understanding of the game
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Very Byfulgien-esque

Personally I LOVE when coaches are willing to move a D to forward. Typically D-men are less skilled then forwards but have a better understanding of the game

I was thinking the same thing, but Burns is big and a s**t-ton more athletic with skill.

He was amazing I haven't seen an effort from a Shark it a long long time. Take notes JOE T
you mean clowe?
Originally posted by ads_2006:
you mean clowe?

LOL, exactly.
I would much rather have Burns as a forward, honestly. I know people love him on defense but I just don't feel his skill set is as useful on defense as it is on offense. He can just have fun and play hockey doing what he does best when they let him get in and do his thing in the offensive zone.

I don't recall what the lines were the other night, but Burns on one of the top lines definitely makes sense.

Marleau-Thornton-Couture
Clowe-Pavelski-Burns
Burish-Desjardins-Wingels
Gomez/Galiardi/Kennedy-Sheppard-Handzus

Boyle-Vlasic
Stuart-Irwin
Murray/Demers-Braun
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 15, 2013 at 11:22 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I would much rather have Burns as a forward, honestly. I know people love him on defense but I just don't feel his skill set is as useful on defense as it is on offense. He can just have fun and play hockey doing what he does best when they let him get in and do his thing in the offensive zone.

I don't recall what the lines were the other night, but Burns on one of the top lines definitely makes sense.

Marleau-Thornton-Couture
Clowe-Pavelski-Burns

Boyle-Vlasic
Stuart-Irwin
Murray/Demers-Braun

Couture and Burns on line 2. Pavs on line 1.

Couture and Burns seem to play off each other really well. Similar mind sets.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
anyone have update on Marty Havlat?

anyone have update on Marty Havlat?

Still on IR, haven't heard anything else.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Marleau-Thornton-Couture
Clowe-Pavelski-Burns

Boyle-Vlasic
Stuart-Irwin
Murray/Demers-Braun

Couture and Burns on line 2. Pavs on line 1.

Couture and Burns seem to play off each other really well. Similar mind sets.

Oh yes, that's right! I was watching the highlights again and can see that. What would you think of top two lines of this? (I personally think this would be a good idea)

Couture-Thornton-Burns
Clowe-Marleau-Pavelski

Marleau would be back in his true center position, Pavs would stay on the wing, and Couture and Burns would be able to keep their chemistry while working with arguably the best center in the game.
BEAT LA! again
loliemi
BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF HIM MURRAY!!! GO CRANKSHAFT!!!

Murray PUNISHED him
Niemi is embarrassing today. Put Stalock in..
Share 49ersWebzone