LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Havlat has looked just awful. He looked so lost last night.

Dude isn't doing anything out there -- talk about not making any plays.. Just nothing.

Something needs to be done.
You guys are falling apart.

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
You guys are falling apart.

i hope we dont make the playoffs so doug wilson and Todd McClellan get fired.
i thought thorton played a horrible game last night

especially on offense
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:

especially on offense

he cant do it all..... the rest 3rd, 4th liners have to do something sometimes too... hell even the 2nd line hasnt really done s**t.

We are just a poor team. No depth. Decent defense and goalie but no scoring depth.
[ Edited by Garcia on Mar 1, 2013 at 5:13 PM ]
time to fire wilson before he trades away what few young assets we have left
We aren't doing two key things you need to do to score. 1) Not putting enough pucks on the net, and 2) no one is consistently getting to the net like they had at the start of the season.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by drunk49er:
time to fire wilson before he trades away what few young assets we have left

I'd hate to trade joe.

i feel bad for the guy. exiled from boston basically for the same reasons....
Originally posted by Garcia:

especially on offense

he cant do it all..... the rest 3rd, 4th liners have to do something sometimes too... hell even the 2nd line hasnt really done s**t.

We are just a poor team. No depth. Decent defense and goalie but no scoring depth.

Yeah, I should know by now that Thornton will never shoot the puck.

Not even in a two on one situation or when everyone is in front of the net

lolololol

especially on offense

Yeah, I should know by now that Thornton will never shoot the puck.

Not even in a two on one situation or when everyone is in front of the net

lolololol

Sigh.. I know it's too early to give up, but it's hard not to start thinking about what we need to do next year to get this stinking team over the hump.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Sigh.. I know it's too early to give up, but it's hard not to start thinking about what we need to do next year to get this stinking team over the hump.

its not happening next year either. this team needs a rebuild, the window is shut and there's no quick fix.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
its not happening next year either. this team needs a rebuild, the window is shut and there's no quick fix.

a first round pick would be nice.
a first round pick would be nice.

indeed

i love joe, patty, boyle, but probably 2 out of those three need to be shipped out for young assets. let clowe walk in the offseason. use the amnesty on either the burish or havlat contracts. start investing heavily in our farm system.

if burns can get and stay healthy, a core of burns, vlasic, demers, braun + two prospects/vet FAs makes a decent d corps. build the top two lines around pavs, couture and the lower lines with veteran additions and prospects as they come up from worchester. i really like what i've seen from sheppard. him, wingels and galiardi can be useful pieces on the lower lines.

give it a year or two and this team can start being a consistent playoff team again, if they draft really well they can be a cup contending team again. right now, this is absolutely not a cup contending team and there's no moves in one offseason to fix that. we've had a good run, time to turn the page.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
indeed

i love joe, patty, boyle, but probably 2 out of those three need to be shipped out for young assets. let clowe walk in the offseason. use the amnesty on either the burish or havlat contracts. start investing heavily in our farm system.

if burns can get and stay healthy, a core of burns, vlasic, demers, braun + two prospects/vet FAs makes a decent d corps. build the top two lines around pavs, couture and the lower lines with veteran additions and prospects as they come up from worchester. i really like what i've seen from sheppard. him, wingels and galiardi can be useful pieces on the lower lines.

give it a year or two and this team can start being a consistent playoff team again, if they draft really well they can be a cup contending team again. right now, this is absolutely not a cup contending team and there's no moves in one offseason to fix that. we've had a good run, time to turn the page.

I'd keep Marleau.

GAME STARTING
[ Edited by Garcia on Mar 2, 2013 at 10:01 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
got that W!
Share 49ersWebzone