LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

double post
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 6, 2012 at 9:46 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Thought this was kind of funny and neat -- "If Hockey was called by Soccer announcers" :

Hahaha.. had a good laugh from this. Thanks for posting.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Hahaha.. had a good laugh from this. Thanks for posting.

"AS ELECTRIFYING AS A HAIR-DRYER THROWN INTO A HOT-TUB, MY FRIEND!"

LOL. That was the best part. 1:45 to 2:40 had me dying.
Anyone hear about Seth Jones? 17 year old American (and black) that played for the US National Development program. 6-3 200lbs defenseman that scouts say has an all around game. Expected to compete for the #1 draft spot. Will be playing in Canadian Juniors next year instead of going to college. His dad is former NBA player Popeye Jones, and it was Joe Sakic that got Seth into hockey (his dad played for the Denver Nuggets same time Sakic was playing for the Avs). Back in December he was in ESPN's "Next" issue.

I'm pretty excited about Seth Jones making it big in the NHL. I think having a black American succeed could help grow the sport in the US. Sure there have been black NHL players, but all the top ones were Canadien. Mike Grier is the only black American NHL player I can think of, and he wasn't that good. Okposo is bi-racial but I doubt he will be an elite player. Then there is Byfuglien who I think is becoming a very good player.

But Seth Jones could become one of those truly elite prospects/players.

I never liked it when people said it was a white sport or whatever. I'm a white guy and had minorities on my teams growing up and I never saw any type of racism in the sport, so I think it'd be great if minorities thought of it more as a great sprot then a white sport.
In a horrendously slow off-season.. here's one thing on the Sharks that at least made the NHL.com homepage...

Sharks prospect Kuraly starring at USA camp
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 8, 2012 at 9:27 PM ]
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:

LOL. That was the best part. 1:45 to 2:40 had me dying.
Ray Hudson is the effing man

What are the chances that there will be an NHL lockout this year?
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Originally posted by jrg:

oh yea, the blues made it very far in the playoffs this year.....

What!?!? There's an offseason for the sharks???
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

oh yea, the blues made it very far in the playoffs this year.....

Made it past the sharks
Made it past the sharks

I need to watch more hockey so I can relate to you white folks.
Anybody know the status of the possible lockout? Will the season start as scheduled?
So bored of this by now. Barely even an article about our prospects. I have little excitement about this team, but I pray we get something this season to be amped about.
Share 49ersWebzone