LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

Jamison traitor
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by drunk49er:
pierre lebrun has said the big difference between the kings and the sharks when they played the blues is the team speed.

honestly, i'd be okay with keep tmac and doug, and just adding an assistant that can get the pk in shape. we have enough talent to not be a horrid pk team. from what i've heard, having three assistant coaches is actually on the lowside for an nhl team. so lets bring someone in to handle special teams and make things happen.

talentwise, i really don't want to change much. focus should be on depth and adding that team speed we've been lacking. i think fixing lines 3-4 is the key here.

fml

3-4 years ago we had speed, but were where soft

now we dont get pushed around/ intimidated any longer, and we are slow

Lombardi, Sutter, now Greg Jamison...fml

telling you man this organization is cursed, and what lebrun said is 100% true. were so slow that the blues all defensive system has time to set up and slow us down. dw has to do whatever is possible to make this team so much faster, the top guys who have speed on our team are havlat and marleau who are in their 30's while thornton was never known for speed and clowe, couture and pavelski arent known for speed. losing setoguchi hurt and on d we need to get rid of murray because he is just flat out slow and geting slower if thats even possible as he ages.
pierre lebrun has said the big difference between the kings and the sharks when they played the blues is the team speed.

honestly, i'd be okay with keep tmac and doug, and just adding an assistant that can get the pk in shape. we have enough talent to not be a horrid pk team. from what i've heard, having three assistant coaches is actually on the lowside for an nhl team. so lets bring someone in to handle special teams and make things happen.

talentwise, i really don't want to change much. focus should be on depth and adding that team speed we've been lacking. i think fixing lines 3-4 is the key here.

fml

3-4 years ago we had speed, but were where soft

now we dont get pushed around/ intimidated any longer, and we are slow

Lombardi, Sutter, now Greg Jamison...fml

We just don't have balance and we never consistently played as a team.
Nhh.. Yeah. We are cursed: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=630929
McLellan returning, but other changes possible/likely: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=631798
  • Garce
  • Veteran
sharks aren't gonna have a lot of cap space next year and they have a s**t load of people who are free agents, mitchell, wingels, galiardi, moore, winnik, winchester, ferrio, desjardins... colin white, justin braun...

f**k man.

I think dan boyle and marleau need to be moved.
infuse this line up with young talent and sign an impact player.

we are locked up with niemi for the next 4 years... niemi is an avg goalie at best and i am pretty sure Greiss out played him this year.
Originally posted by Garcia:
sharks aren't gonna have a lot of cap space next year and they have a s**t load of people who are free agents, mitchell, wingels, galiardi, moore, winnik, winchester, ferrio, desjardins... colin white, justin braun...

f**k man.

we are locked up with niemi for the next 4 years... niemi is an avg goalie at best and i am pretty sure Greiss out played him this year.

Originally posted by SportsFan:
Darryl Sutter is going to take two 8th seeded teams to the Cup finals. Impressive.

Sharks suck.

Have no idea what we're going to do this off-season.. but I don't have much confidence in anything being put together to give us another run at a Cup. the two WCF's seemed to be our best shots, but we were blown out of the water because of no defense. This year we couldn't score PP goals or kill PK's to save our life in the playoffs. I'm tired of playoff berths with early exits.. I don't want to see our team revert to that..

I keep hoping we find a sudden star or somehow get a completely clicking team chemistry that propels us to that greatness and into a championship.. I don't know if trading guys like Marleau or Boyle is going to help us any more than it will hurt us..

f**k man.

Agreed we're in a pretty tough spot with no cap flexibility.
Originally posted by SFrush:

f**k man.

Agreed we're in a pretty tough spot with no cap flexibility.

I have been hoping so badly that Stalock could come in and beat out Niemi and then the Sharks somehow be able to trade Niemi and/or others to get the help we need.

Suck it Trebek
otc, what do you think about taylor doherty?
otc, what do you think about taylor doherty?

I think he has a shot to get some NHL playing time this coming season, but I am skeptical he will be able to make the team full-time yet. He has physical tools, but is coming along slowly it seems. Hopefully he will be ready soon -- we can use a 6-7 230+ guy back there who can skate.

I think he's way better than Petrecki at least.
worth reading

http://www.fearthefin.com/2012/5/31/2937855/the-2011-12-san-jose-sharks-prospects-report
I know it's not huge news, but it's good news for us at least as far as prospects go. This kid, Sean Kuraly is still very young, but it's hard to ignore when a guy is a Top-5 scorer in his entire league.

http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=633406
Share 49ersWebzone