There are 219 users in the forums

Texas Longhorns Football

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I can't help it if you don't understand that OOC wins for a Conference reflect on the Conference's pretige

So based on your reasoning, you want to be in the s**ttiest conference possible? lol

And you don't care about rankings? So you have NEVER thought Texas should be ranked higher ever in the history fo college football? And I'm sure you're going to tell me, everyone you know thinks like this too.

The vast majority of fans want their Conference to have prestige, which means their team win their OOC games. The vast majority of fans care about rankings. The vast majority of fans understand rankings matter as far as BCS bowl invites go.

You just can't speak with a an arrogant belittling tone can you? If someone doesn't agree with you it must be because they don't understand something eh? Whatever makes you feel better bro. There's a difference between wanting a good conference and openly rooting for rival schools. For historically lousy schools, like the majority of the PAC, I can see why you'd want to pump up everyone to be noticed, Texas doesn't have that problem: win the games and we're in. Either way, this is gone about where I expected, you can have your opinion and I'll keep mine.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
2nd stop of the revenge tour in Iowa. I want to see a bloodletting, but it will probably be a close game. Still not a fan of the rotating QBs, but excited to see Malcolm Brown (hopefully) starting and getting the bulk of the carries.
We better beat these fools...
aww f**k
Gotta enjoy this victory b/c next week I'm praying for some miracles lol
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Just the asswhipping I wanted. Score misleading though, not good in the red zone, running game suspect against a lousy team. The TOs won the game, you can't count on those every week. I really, really don't like alternating QBs. Have one dominant and one change of pace, like FLA worked Tebow in, but every other series just won't work over a season. It's obvious they want Ash to be the guy but just don't trust a true freshman to run the team. Real curious to see how this plays out against OU.
I'm scurred.
TCU set to joing the Big XII.

Good addition and nice to see a Texas school join the conference to replace A&M.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
RED RIVER RIVALRY!!!!!!
It's here, the biggest game of the year. Personally I don't think either team is quite as good as their ranking but all that means nothing in this game. If the game goes in the 30s Texas is done, need it to be low scoring like the last few. TOs will be the difference and I think Texas inexperience will factor in, this is one of the youngest teams in all of football. I really hope a QB gets hot and they stick with him, this rotating is going to cause a disaster at some point. For that, I'm picking OU 33-20.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
LETS GO HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!! f**k I want a corny dog.

Originally posted by TX9R:
LETS GO HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!! f**k I want a corny dog.

Hell yeah, i want a longhorn victory today!
can't lie, want you guys to win, don't ask me why, I guess it's the whole underdog thing, and I can't seem to buy OU as a national title contender
Originally posted by vrabbit:
can't lie, want you guys to win, don't ask me why, I guess it's the whole underdog thing, and I can't seem to buy OU as a national title contender

I agree, OU isn't a contender. But Texas is still struggling to put together a top tier team.

hoepfully Texas can put together a comeback, would like to see an entertaining game
Pissed off but this is what I expected with the UT qb situation and young corners
Suck it Mack Brown!!!
Share 49ersWebzone