There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Texas Longhorns Football

  • TX9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,191
2011 SCHEDULE

09/03/11 vs. Rice Austin, Texas 7:00 pm CT
09/10/11 vs. BYU Austin, Texas 6:00 pm CT
09/17/11 at UCLA Pasadena, Calif. 2:30 pm CT
10/01/11 at Iowa State Ames, Iowa TBA
10/08/11 vs. Oklahoma Dallas, Texas 11:00 am CT
10/15/11 vs. Oklahoma State Austin, Texas TBA
10/29/11 vs. Kansas Austin, Texas TBA
11/05/11 vs. Texas Tech Austin, Texas TBA
11/12/11 at Missouri Columbia, Mo. TBA
11/19/11 vs. Kansas State Austin, Texas TBA
11/24/11 at Texas A&M College Station, Texas 7:00 pm CT
12/03/11 at Baylor Waco, Texas TBA


I'm excited about all the coaching changes and can't believe 1 bad season has so many writing us off this year. This team is still stocked with 3-5 star recruits and play in the big 12. I'm thinking 8-9 wins is about right. Of course everything rides on Gilbert who has been utterly unremarkable, but this team should play SEC style and win with a game manager QB, great defense, and a solid running game. Course we've been saying that for 5 years now so we'll see.
Originally posted by TX9R:
2011 SCHEDULE

09/03/11 vs. Rice Austin, Texas 7:00 pm CT 1-0
09/10/11 vs. BYU Austin, Texas 6:00 pm CT 2-0
09/17/11 at UCLA Pasadena, Calif. 2:30 pm CT 3-0
10/01/11 at Iowa State Ames, Iowa TBA 4-0
10/08/11 vs. Oklahoma Dallas, Texas 11:00 am CT 4-1
10/15/11 vs. Oklahoma State Austin, Texas TBA 4-2
10/29/11 vs. Kansas Austin, Texas TBA 5-2
11/05/11 vs. Texas Tech Austin, Texas TBA 5-3
11/12/11 at Missouri Columbia, Mo. TBA 5-4
11/19/11 vs. Kansas State Austin, Texas TBA 6-4
11/24/11 at Texas A&M College Station, Texas 7:00 pm CT 6-5
12/03/11 at Baylor Waco, Texas TBA 6-6


I'm excited about all the coaching changes and can't believe 1 bad season has so many writing us off this year. This team is still stocked with 3-5 star recruits and play in the big 12. I'm thinking 8-9 wins is about right. Of course everything rides on Gilbert who has been utterly unremarkable, but this team should play SEC style and win with a game manager QB, great defense, and a solid running game. Course we've been saying that for 5 years now so we'll see.

really
Only 3 games out of the state of Texas. Damn giant state.
Can't wait! Everyone is underating the longhorns this year and thats fine it will be fun to watch(NO GREG DAVIS) at least after the rice game because no one knows where it is going to be on yet(LHN).
[ Edited by Atxniner on Aug 31, 2011 at 5:53 AM ]
  • Riot
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,474
I hate Texas but I'm interested to see how Manny Diaz does with those blue-chippers. Been reading up on his fire-zone concepts and I like what I see.
Originally posted by Riot:
I hate Texas but I'm interested to see how Manny Diaz does with those blue-chippers. Been reading up on his fire-zone concepts and I like what I see.

Manny Diaz is awesome. I'm a Mississippi State fan, too, so I was torn when Texas picked him up, but that defense should be pretty good this year.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Only 3 games out of the state of Texas. Damn giant state.

In NCAA '12, its fun to make an all Texas conference (UT, A&M, Tech, Houston, SMU, TCU, Rice, Baylor)
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Only 3 games out of the state of Texas. Damn giant state.

In NCAA '12, its fun to make an all Texas conference (UT, A&M, Tech, Houston, SMU, TCU, Rice, Baylor)

UTEP has a sad.

I'm definitely gonna do that though.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,191
So the game will be broadcast on the LHN, which isn't available anywhere. So in the LHN studio located on the UT campus the game won't even be on.
Originally posted by TX9R:
So the game will be broadcast on the LHN, which isn't available anywhere. So in the LHN studio located on the UT campus the game won't even be on.

I'll be looking for a stream for it, that's for sure. I can't get the LHN here, but hopefully that changes in the future. There's actually a surprising amount of fans here.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,191
What sites do you use? I only had to use one once last year, I have no idea what it was and the quality was pretty lousy.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
I'll be looking for a stream for it, that's for sure. I can't get the LHN here, but hopefully that changes in the future. There's actually a surprising amount of fans here.


Did you move?

Also I wish the LHN was easier to get.
Originally posted by TX9R:
What sites do you use? I only had to use one once last year, I have no idea what it was and the quality was pretty lousy.

I've used firstrowsports for the preseason games this year, but I have no idea if they'll have Texas. I'll find it though and post it in here.

Originally posted by Ajanke:
Did you move?

Also I wish the LHN was easier to get.

Yeah, I'm in Florida now.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by TX9R:
What sites do you use? I only had to use one once last year, I have no idea what it was and the quality was pretty lousy.

I've used firstrowsports for the preseason games this year, but I have no idea if they'll have Texas. I'll find it though and post it in here.

Originally posted by Ajanke:
Did you move?

Also I wish the LHN was easier to get.

Yeah, I'm in Florida now.

Hook'em Aggies !