LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 159 users in the forums

first and last mock

no trades

1.Marcus Peters CB 6'0" 197lbs Washington
Outstanding size for the position.Fluid in space.Redirects receivers consistently with length.Active and causes havoc when ball is in the air.Wins 5050 balls consistently.Confident and tough.Can track multiple receivers at the same time while watching the QB.Character concerns are there but reward is WAY higher than risk.

2.Stephone Anthony MLB 6'3" 243lbs Clemson
Perfect size for the position.Good speed.Consistent tackler when squared up.Covers TEs well.Breaks to ball fast and aggressively.Has some ball skills but they're on par with position standard.Plays through the whistle and has great attitude.Good lateral movement.

3.Bobby Richardson DT 6'3" 283lbs Indiana
Athletic big man.Amazing coordination.Uses his hands well inside.Sheds blocks quickly.Relentless motor and chases target with a vengeance.Eyes are always in the backfield.Team captain this past year.

4.Rashad Greene WR 5'11" 182lbs Florida State
One of the best route runners in the class.Good athlete who is quicker than fast.Great concentration and makes pro catches with 2 feet down.Crates leverage with routes,not hands.Quiet competitor who can adjust to all sorts of throws.Shows up to play in big games.

4.Ty Sambrailo OTG 6'6" 311lbs Colorado State
Average athleticism to play on left side.Technically sound.Good release in run blocking.Good at sliding feet and mirroring the pass rusher.Can add weight to his frame.Uses hands very well.Plays to echo of the whistle and has a desired mean streak.

5.Dez Lewis WR 6'4" 214lbs Central Arkansas
Good size and speed combination.Overwhelmed his level of competition.High points the ball and uses his size.Good route runner but not great.Hands catcher who can track the ball over the shoulder well.Can work back to the ball.

6.Blake Bell QBTE 6'6" 252lbs Oklahoma
Can add weight to his frame.Has a good feel of the defense when running routes.Good hands and can outmuscle DBs after the catch.Very coachable and is competitive.Improved progressively during the season as a blocker.Held his own against Shawn Oakman.Keeps hands inside and plays with a good base.

7.Dee Hart RB 5'7" 200lbs Colorado State
Plays bigger than listed size.Finishes runs with an attitude.Played one year at Colorado State but team rallied around him.Tore his ACL twice at Alabama in the same knee but didn't show any weakness while running this year.Effective blocker in pass protection.

7.Kyle Brindza K 6'1" 236lbs Notre Dame
Punted and kicked for ND.Had a down year but was mainly because of bad snaps.NFL level leg.Averaged 64 yards per kick this year.

UDFA:Jerry Lovelocke,Sam Carter,Frank Clark,Davon Walls,Kenny Hilliard
[ Edited by 9ertillidie on Apr 23, 2015 at 1:11 PM ]
I would feel good about this draft. Especially the first three and Bell picks.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I approve this draft. Very nice.
Not bad at all.I'd prefer if you'd grab Lockett in the 3rd and Richardson in the 4th....not a fan of Greene at all, I'd rather give more snaps to Patton then draft him.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Not bad at all.I'd prefer if you'd grab Lockett in the 3rd and Richardson in the 4th....not a fan of Greene at all, I'd rather give more snaps to Patton then draft him.

no way richardson falls past third.All the chatter I'm hearing is mid second to third.
Originally posted by 9ertillidie:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

no way richardson falls past third.All the chatter I'm hearing is mid second to third.

Hmmm...CBS sports has him as a 7th rounder and NFL.com has him as a 3rd-4th round pick, he's hard to judge some people like him and some people don't.

He has been my sleep pick for a little while I'm just not really a fan of Greene at all.
Two more mid-range, possession WRs? First three picks on defense?
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Two more mid-range, possession WRs? First three picks on defense?

defense wins championships my man and for the WRs speed is overrated.Greene isn't a possession receiver either he's more of a hybrid IMO
[ Edited by 9ertillidie on Apr 23, 2015 at 1:49 PM ]
I like it. I was firmly against Peters earlier in draft process but I'm starting to warm up to him.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
I like it. I was firmly against Peters earlier in draft process but I'm starting to warm up to him.

I think his character problems were overblown.Im sure he knows how good he is and put himself on a pedestal and will be humbled his rookie season.Then again most good DBs are a little crazy i.e. dick sherman,primetime,Nightrain Lane
[ Edited by 9ertillidie on Apr 23, 2015 at 3:59 PM ]

Nice mock. Like the 1st 3 picks
This is a pretty good draft. I would be happy with this. It's not so WR obsessed like a lot of the WZ. It fills REAL NEEDS in the first 3 picks. I would be happy with something like this.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This is a pretty good draft. I would be happy with this. It's not so WR obsessed like a lot of the WZ. It fills REAL NEEDS in the first 3 picks. I would be happy with something like this.

thanks man.I don't think WR is as big of a need as everyone thinks it is.
Originally posted by 9ertillidie:

thanks man.I don't think WR is as big of a need as everyone thinks it is.

I know it is not compared to the other needs. This draft would help begin to build the team back up again.
I know it is not compared to the other needs. This draft would help begin to build the team back up again.

like baalke said "reload not rebuild"
[ Edited by 9ertillidie on Apr 24, 2015 at 12:17 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone