There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SEC Thread

Originally posted by zero:
SEC East would have to find another school then to balance things out. I heard a rumor about Clemson maybe being the mix but having two death valleys in one conference would be piss me off (LSU Homer). Its a good move by A&M IMO, considering the BEVO network will dilute the Big-12's revenue a little more.

Get rid of Ole Miss and spit on them while they leave.
  • zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Get rid of Ole Miss and spit on them while they leave.

Nah, keep Ole Piss even though I can't stand them and get rid of Vandy. I'm 29 years old, and in those 29 years they've made one bowl game (2008), so in other words, b!tch gotta go.
Nah, keep Ole Piss even though I can't stand them and get rid of Vandy. I'm 29 years old, and in those 29 years they've made one bowl game (2008), so in other words, b!tch gotta go.

That's what I typed first, but my hatred of Ole Miss took over. The only problem with ditching Vandy is that you gotta move someone from the West over, and the only real outcast is Arkansas, since Auburn/Bama and MSU/Asshats have to stay together.

So A&M in, Vandy out, and Arkansas to the East. The end.
  • zero
  • Veteran
That's what I typed first, but my hatred of Ole Miss took over. The only problem with ditching Vandy is that you gotta move someone from the West over, and the only real outcast is Arkansas, since Auburn/Bama and MSU/Asshats have to stay together.

So A&M in, Vandy out, and Arkansas to the East. The end.

Sounds like a great idea to me. Arky always finds ways to piss me off too so banishing them to the SEC East where they might actually do better and make the SEC Championship is a win win for everyone. Let Vandy become an independent or join Conference USA/Big East. Or, they could even join the SunBelt Conference and become an instant powerhouse.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/seminoles/os-florida-state-sec-0812-20110812,0,993196.story

The internets want FSU and A&M in.
  • zero
  • Veteran
A&M joining Monday.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6859115/texas-aggies-intend-join-sec-school-official-says
A&M joining Monday.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6859115/texas-aggies-intend-join-sec-school-official-says

And with that the Big 12 is dead.
A&M joining Monday.

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
A&M joining Monday.

Still not official yet.
  • zero
  • Veteran
The mysterious 14th team is needed in order for all of this too happen. I'm totally down with FSU joining.
The mysterious 14th team is needed in order for all of this too happen. I'm totally down with FSU joining.

FSU would be sweet. Adding a team to each side might screw with some of the east/west games though, since I'd assume they'd have to play all 6 opponents each year. There isn't much incentive to schedule even more SEC games.
  • zero
  • Veteran
FSU would be sweet. Adding a team to each side might screw with some of the east/west games though, since I'd assume they'd have to play all 6 opponents each year. There isn't much incentive to schedule even more SEC games.

Adding more games to the schedule and canceling out potential UGA vs Auburn or LSU vs Florida would suck but I'd be happy watching Florida vs Florida St. every year in inner division battles. Scheduling is important IMO, and I've sure someone has a plan to fit all of this in.

Georgia Tech, Clemson, Missouri are all possible candidates at this point but that could change in the coming weeks. The one thing I do know is that if another Big-12 school blots, Texas is going to be in trouble. Suddenly the $300 mil BEVO network becomes a lot less viewed and they need the Big-12 to stay at eight teams to be viable.
Adding more games to the schedule and canceling out potential UGA vs Auburn or LSU vs Florida would suck but I'd be happy watching Florida vs Florida St. every year in inner division battles. Scheduling is important IMO, and I've sure someone has a plan to fit all of this in.

Georgia Tech, Clemson, Missouri are all possible candidates at this point but that could change in the coming weeks. The one thing I do know is that if another Big-12 school blots, Texas is going to be in trouble. Suddenly the $300 mil BEVO network becomes a lot less viewed and they need the Big-12 to stay at eight teams to be viable.

Texas would just go independent, which is what they seem to want to do anyway. The BEVO network will do fine. Texas is savvy enough not to get screwed out of this.

Texas would just go independent, which is what they seem to want to do anyway. The BEVO network will do fine. Texas is savvy enough not to get screwed out of this.

This. Texas has been angling to go independent. The BEVO network, the flirtations with the PAC10 and the Big Ten, the games with Ohio State and soon with Notre Dame ... Texas has been deliberately trying to hasten the end of the Big 12 IMO and set themselves up for being able to play whichever money-generating teams they want to each season.

Anyway, looks like the Aggie deal with SEC is on hold.
  • zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dobo:
This. Texas has been angling to go independent. The BEVO network, the flirtations with the PAC10 and the Big Ten, the games with Ohio State and soon with Notre Dame ... Texas has been deliberately trying to hasten the end of the Big 12 IMO and set themselves up for being able to play whichever money-generating teams they want to each season.

Anyway, looks like the Aggie deal with SEC is on hold.

Yep, SEC says thanks but no thanks to A&M