There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SEC Thread

Originally posted by robniner:
It's funny that something similar is happening here as one of the components father was responsible for leading Missouri's athletic program all the way down to the ground at one point in their history.

Im confused. Do you think Butch Jones was a bad.hire?
Originally posted by eonblue:
It's funny that something similar is happening here as one of the components father was responsible for leading Missouri's athletic program all the way down to the ground at one point in their history.

Im confused. Do you think Butch Jones was a bad.hire?

Was pulling the rug underneath Jon Gruden a major,major mistake because despite the reports he turned it down? He was coming till the last minute the admin decided they didn't want a Nick Saban undermining them.

There's more to tell so if interested pm me and I'll provide more info.

The Vols AD's father ran the Mizzou athletic department and hired Woody Widenhoffer (sp) to run the football program over the likes of Bobby Ross and John Cooper. That hire nearly destroyed the football program and took them much longer to get it back on track. Now the genes have apparently passed on to his son, who probably didn't want to go through what he went through in Bama.

Yes, it was a bad,bad hire. Being successful in The Big East doesn't guarantee success in the mini-NFL (better known as the SEC). You can churn out a great recruiting class but its coaching and player development that counts the most.
[ Edited by robniner on Nov 25, 2013 at 9:13 AM ]
can we just hurry up and give Alabama the national title already. They're too beast for the rest of the country.
Was pulling the rug underneath Jon Gruden a major,major mistake because despite the reports he turned it down? He was coming till the last minute the admin decided they didn't want a Nick Saban undermining them.

The Vols AD's father ran the Mizzou athletic department and hired Woody Widenhoffer (sp) to run the football program over the likes of Bobby Ross and John Cooper. That hire nearly destroyed the football program and took them much longer to get it back on track. Now the genes have apparently passed on to his son, who probably didn't want to go through what he went through in Bama.

Yes, it was a bad,bad hire. Being successful in The Big East doesn't guarantee success in the mini-NFL (better known as the SEC). You can churn out a great recruiting class but its coaching and player development that counts the most.

Tennessee has the finances to get good assistant coaches and training facilities. Butch Jones appears to be a good leader. The kids trust him and have bought in. They've kept it close against some good team and a moral victory in South Carolina. Clearly you know some things I don't but on the surface level it appears Jones is headed in the right direction. Bielema has been a massive.disappoint. I'm starting to feel that was a mistake.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
i remember hearing mizzou going to the SEC is a mistake

Originally posted by eonblue:

Tennessee has the finances to get good assistant coaches and training facilities. Butch Jones appears to be a good leader. The kids trust him and have bought in. They've kept it close against some good team and a moral victory in South Carolina. Clearly you know some things I don't but on the surface level it appears Jones is headed in the right direction. Bielema has been a massive.disappoint. I'm starting to feel that was a mistake.

Botch is a g------ Brian Kelly wannabe who has no business coaching in the SEC. He should have coached in a conference like The Big Ten to prove himself. Reading on reports, he can't effing manage a game.

The South Carolina win was effing luck.

He brings along two UGA coaching rejects and proves once again why Richt got rid of their assess. Gruden would have never got assistants of sucking caliber.

What even incense me is that bull---- family theme. Who preaches such a philosophy when you sell yourself to other football programs like a g------- whore.

If programs like Colorado,Purdue and Kentucky turns you down, it says something. Read CU fans mentioned Botch as much worse as Hawkins.

So if you think the Vols are heading towards the right direction, guess again. Can't brag about having a #2 recruiting class because it might not turnout the way would expect it. Coaching and player development becomes the ultimate factors.

The guy is full of shhhh. He got hired because he is a yesman.
Originally posted by jrg:

It was mainly a regional thing because Missouri is seen as a Midwestern state and an ideal Big Ten team. Other than that, they have adjusted very nicely.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

It was mainly a regional thing because Missouri is seen as a Midwestern state and an ideal Big Ten team. Other than that, they have adjusted very nicely.

Overall it was a great move for their university and their team. I was hearing how they would be getting owned by the big bad SEC teams when they came in. Already dominating.

Overall it was a great move for their university and their team. I was hearing how they would be getting owned by the big bad SEC teams when they came in. Already dominating.

The Big 12 blows so I agree that moving to the SEC was a great move.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

They had some decent teams...Oklahmoma/Texas/Baylor/etc...but I agree. Much bigger stage now.

They had some decent teams...Oklahmoma/Texas/Baylor/etc...but I agree. Much bigger stage now.

Yes. They have a few decent teams but the league overall is weak. Missouri will get way much more exposure.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Yes. They have a few decent teams but the league overall is weak. Missouri will get way much more exposure.

For sure. I'm excited. I can't wait to go over to Columbia for another game

For sure. I'm excited. I can't wait to go over to Columbia for another game

Getting turned down by The Big 10 was a blessing in disguise.
H

Actually you did get dominated when you first came to the SEC. Winning sure does make the short term memory spotty. Clearly the team has adiustes but Mizzou went from 8-5 in the Big 12 to 5-8 and 2 conference wins. Im not trying to diminish Missouris accomplishments but this has been one of the least competitive seasons for the SEC in awhile. Lots of key players from the dominant teams entered thppe draft, lots of injuries to key players, new coaches rebuilding, and a little bit of the unexpected to spice things up. And to be quite frank that Missouri team is some thing special but these things never last long and the thing is now Mizzou has a target on its back and guarantee this is their easiest season. Congrats tho. It must be a very exciting time for Mizzou fans.

Well yeah, bc the SEC is an overrated, mediocre conference outside of the top 2-3 teams. Which is why middle of the road Big 12 teams A&M and Mizzou have been slaughtering the competition within their first two years.