LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

College Football 2011 Thread

Originally posted by eamjr10:

Gonna be weird not being in Austin this season. Guess I'll be stuck with gator football.
This pretty much sums up our last year

Hopefully we can get that extra yard this year and have a great season.
  • evil
  • Veteran
  • zero
  • Veteran

See you guys September 3rd
Originally posted by zero:

You guyssss in Oregon or LSU

Cause if you meant Oregon

• jrg
  • Veteran

M-I-Z

Z-O-U

Originally posted by vrabbit:

• zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

I'm the biggest LSU homer/alumni on the webzone and bleed Gold and Purple. I also carry an enormous amount of contempt for all teams outside of the SEC,....BUT.....you guys could run with a lot of teams in the SEC and do make me nervous on a neutral field. Regardless of what happens neither teams BCS chances are crushed with a loss.

I'm the biggest LSU homer/alumni on the webzone and bleed Gold and Purple. I also carry an enormous amount of contempt for all teams outside of the SEC,....BUT.....you guys could run with a lot of teams in the SEC and do make me nervous on a neutral field. Regardless of what happens neither teams BCS chances are crushed with a loss.

I don't like our chances against you guys... We have a lot of things going against us right now.

First, both sides of the ball are going to be tested. I'm not afraid of your offense, but I am worried about our entirely new front 7. Our seconday is usually pretty damn good and we have all of our starters returning. However, All American conrnerback Cliff Harris won't be playing, which is a HUGE blow.

Second, all this controversy with Chip Kelly and our potential recruiting accusations is probably distracting us from preparing the best that we could.

I just hope its an entertaining game, I do not want to get embarrassed after we just lost a close game to Auburn that we very easily could've won.

• zero
  • Veteran
More for the LSU propaganda machine

[ Edited by zero on Jul 7, 2011 at 2:10 PM ]
  • zero
  • Veteran

I don't like our chances against you guys... We have a lot of things going against us right now.

First, both sides of the ball are going to be tested. I'm not afraid of your offense, but I am worried about our entirely new front 7. Our seconday is usually pretty damn good and we have all of our starters returning. However, All American conrnerback Cliff Harris won't be playing, which is a HUGE blow.

Second, all this controversy with Chip Kelly and our potential recruiting accusations is probably distracting us from preparing the best that we could.

I just hope its an entertaining game, I do not want to get embarrassed after we just lost a close game to Auburn that we very easily could've won.

The one thing I'm not worried about is the LSU defense, even after losing #7, Drake Nevis and Kelvin Shepherd. Miles always does a great job of keeping the cupboard fully stocked and he's recruited a beastly amount of underclass talent. What does bother me is Jordan Jefferson. He always wins his job back at the bowl game and then comes back every fall and shows us how sh!tty he really is. I wish the JUCO transfer Zach Mettenberger would win the job but Miles is infatuated with Jefferson for some reason. To me, he's the great equalizer....

The one thing I'm not worried about is the LSU defense, even after losing #7, Drake Nevis and Kelvin Shepherd. Miles always does a great job of keeping the cupboard fully stocked and he's recruited a beastly amount of underclass talent. What does bother me is Jordan Jefferson. He always wins his job back at the bowl game and then comes back every fall and shows us how sh!tty he really is. I wish the JUCO transfer Zach Mettenberger would win the job but Miles is infatuated with Jefferson for some reason. To me, he's the great equalizer....

well good, hopefully its a close and entertaining game

You guys should've kept Darron Thomas while you still had him, I'm sure you already know the whole back story behind it
  • zero
  • Veteran

You guys should've kept Darron Thomas while you still had him, I'm sure you already know the whole back story behind it

Miles wanted him to be an "athlete", kind of like what he's doing with Russell Shepard, who was the best QB in Texas since Ryan Perriloux. I think Miles got burned so many times by Percy Harvin that he has this insatiable desire to have one of his own and that's what he wanted from Derron Thomas. I was one of the people clamoring for LSU to bring him at QB over INT machine Jarrett Lee and the above mentioned situational talent JJ, but oh well, it is what it is and more power to him. At least I know he's happy.
[ Edited by zero on Jul 7, 2011 at 2:20 PM ]

Miles wanted him to be an "athlete", kind of like what he's doing with Russell Shepard, who was the best QB in Texas since Ryan Perriloux. I think Miles got burned so many times by Percy Harvin that he has this insatiable desire to have one of his own and that's what he wanted from Derron Thomas. I was one of the people clamoring for LSU to bring him at QB over INT machine Jarrett Lee and the above mentioned situational talent JJ, but oh well, it is what it is and more power to him. At least I know he's happy.

I'm kind of leaning towards LSU on this game, but its still to early. Just seems like too much s**t is going down with Oregon. And Cliff Harris is amazing talent to be missing.

I remember LSU vs. ASU, right after Katrina. That was a great game even though, as usual, we came up short in the big game.

LSU vs. Oregon will be an awesome game I bet.
Share 49ersWebzone