There are 179 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

College Football 2011 Thread

Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Ok guys time is coming up, and quite frankly with no NFL to discuss, why not discuss college football.

Some questions or for those who wanna answer.

-Who has best chances of making a BCS Bowl
-Which conference is overall best from top to bottom
-Who is this years heisman trophy favorite and darkhorse

Also if u feel, give your power rankings, and we can talk best players either leaving school after 2011, or the best future stars incoming to College.

Oh and post your favorite team that you root for.

can't wait for the season to start!

best chances of making a BCS Bowl? uh, there are 12 spots, I'm not sure what your question is there

SEC is still the best conference

Top 5 Heisman should be: Andrew Luck, LaMichael James, Justin Blackmon, Landry Jones, Trent Richardson. Then your darkhorses would be Kellen Moore, Ryan Broyles, Case Keenum, and maybe my favorite: RG3

ah damn, should posted it correctly, meant favs for the BCS championship.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Yes, Im not sure they will make the Pac 12 title game, with Oregon ahead of them, but Stanford has Luck and a top notch Tackle, Jonathan Martin.

nah you're right I'd be AMAZED if they went to a BCS game.....I see them going 9-3 or 10-2 at best. Hopefully Shaw can pick up where Harbaugh left off, having the best QB in the country.

However they WILL keep the axe, that's a given.






teeohh, rabbit, barrage of Cal fans in 3......2.........
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Ok guys time is coming up, and quite frankly with no NFL to discuss, why not discuss college football.

Some questions or for those who wanna answer.

-Who has best chances of making a BCS Bowl
-Which conference is overall best from top to bottom
-Who is this years heisman trophy favorite and darkhorse

Also if u feel, give your power rankings, and we can talk best players either leaving school after 2011, or the best future stars incoming to College.

Oh and post your favorite team that you root for.

can't wait for the season to start!

best chances of making a BCS Bowl? uh, there are 12 spots, I'm not sure what your question is there

SEC is still the best conference

Top 5 Heisman should be: Andrew Luck, LaMichael James, Justin Blackmon, Landry Jones, Trent Richardson. Then your darkhorses would be Kellen Moore, Ryan Broyles, Case Keenum, and maybe my favorite: RG3

ah damn, should posted it correctly, meant favs for the BCS championship.

I really like Oklahoma this season

and after that I think Florida/'Bama will get the other bid
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Yes, Im not sure they will make the Pac 12 title game, with Oregon ahead of them, but Stanford has Luck and a top notch Tackle, Jonathan Martin.

nah you're right I'd be AMAZED if they went to a BCS game.....I see them going 9-3 or 10-2 at best. Hopefully Shaw can pick up where Harbaugh left off, having the best QB in the country.

However they WILL keep the axe, that's a given.






teeohh, rabbit, barrage of Cal fans in 3......2.........

Originally posted by Negrodamus:

shes got a fat p***y
A lot of experts are high on us, from Phil Steele to Mandel picking us as his darkhorse to win the NC.

We played some good teams last year and came within a hair of beating some great teams. We will have a veteran O-Line, Oz our QB will turn it over a lot but he has a strong arm and can make plays with his feet, WR's haven't proven much and we will be spreading it out, RBs are interesting with Marshal (JR) being the bruiser but our offensive star will be Deantre Lewis (SO) who has legit 4.3-4.4 speed.

But ofcourse all the pundits will be talking about Burfict who for the first time actually worked out this summer. Yep, the dude has never worked out during the summer, lol. Our front 7 will be great. Big loss on D was our top corner Bolden blew out his knee, likely out till November.

I'd guess 9-3 for us. Play Mizzou, at Illinois, get USC at home, @ Oregon, @Utah, AZ at home. I see us splitting those 6 games.

[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jun 26, 2011 at 22:39:13 ]
Originally posted by vrabbit:
oh, and also


my n***a
Former NC State QB Russell Wilson heading to Wisconsin.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Former NC State QB Russell Wilson heading to Wisconsin.

Whattttt??!?!?! Did he graduate from NC State or something?

What an athlete he is though, pretty good 2nd baseman as well.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ys-robinson_scout_details_deal_oregon_kelly_070111

Chip Kelly is GONE yo
Originally posted by vrabbit:
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ys-robinson_scout_details_deal_oregon_kelly_070111

Chip Kelly is GONE yo

I'm not surprised.

I kind of figure every succesful program cheats a little bit, and when they go to far they get caught.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ys-robinson_scout_details_deal_oregon_kelly_070111

Chip Kelly is GONE yo

dayummmmm
Originally posted by vrabbit:
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ys-robinson_scout_details_deal_oregon_kelly_070111

Chip Kelly is GONE yo

Innocent till proven guilty...

Might be saying goodbye to some sholarships, and most likely the chance to play in a Championship game for a season or two.
Quote:
The very high-profile head coach of a very high-profile program -- one that played in the national championship game last January and has largely been portrayed as a feel-good story -- has been caught in writing acknowledging his relationship with a guy who manipulated a player's graduation plans and another's guardianship status, both to the benefit of Oregon. It's abundantly clear by now that he signed off on a $25,000 payment to a guy that had no business getting a dime from the school

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/stewart_mandel/07/01/oregon/index.html#ixzz1QyEH7qcQ