LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 307 users in the forums

College Football 2011 Thread

Ok guys time is coming up, and quite frankly with no NFL to discuss, why not discuss college football.

Some questions or for those who wanna answer.

-Who has best chances of making a BCS Bowl
-Which conference is overall best from top to bottom
-Who is this years heisman trophy favorite and darkhorse

Also if u feel, give your power rankings, and we can talk best players either leaving school after 2011, or the best future stars incoming to College.

Oh and post your favorite team that you root for.

I want a rematch against Boise St.
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

awesome guys.

I love both BSU and Oregon.

Kellen Moore IMO is gonna make a good QB in the NFL. As for Oregon, they have 2 prospects I really like. RB LaMichael James, who could of came out last year, but wanted to stay and have a shot at the Pac-12(thats right, pac-12, lol_ championship. And CB and Return Man Cliff Harris. I like the fact that he is an good corner, and a returner.
  • Jiks

Soon to be Pac 12 champs!(in a couple seasons)

[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Jun 26, 2011 at 21:06:24 ]
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Soon to be Pac 12 champs!(an a couple seasons)

I like Utah, Phil Steele, a highly recognized publisher and college football follower has a preview mag every yr, and he has Utah 3rd in the South division. But they have a shot at the Pac 12 Title Game. Since he has them in a 3 way tie, with USC, who can't play in the pac 12 champ game, the main competition is Arizona State.

But, ASU has some good defensive players, LB Vontaze Burfict. While Utah has a good QB Jordan Wynn.

Utah was 10-3 in 2010, but of course they played in a Non-AQ conference. But I think they have a good shot, I would not count them out bud, I do believe they make a run at it.

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Yes, Im not sure they will make the Pac 12 title game, with Oregon ahead of them, but Stanford has Luck and a top notch Tackle, Jonathan Martin.

[ Edited by Negrodamus on Jun 26, 2011 at 21:21:28 ]
  • Jiks
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Soon to be Pac 12 champs!(an a couple seasons)

I like Utah, Phil Steele, a highly recognized publisher and college football follower has a preview mag every yr, and he has Utah 3rd in the South division. But they have a shot at the Pac 12 Title Game. Since he has them in a 3 way tie, with USC, who can't play in the pac 12 champ game, the main competition is Arizona State.

But, ASU has some good defensive players, LB Vontaze Burfict. While Utah has a good QB Jordan Wynn.

Utah was 10-3 in 2010, but of course they played in a Non-AQ conference. But I think they have a good shot, I would not count them out bud, I do believe they make a run at it.

We still have a lot of work to do. Our losses last year were by a big margin. I honestly think we will be around 6-6 this year. All depends on how good Jordyn Wynn our QB will be.

We also hired Norm Chow as our OC. We are switching to a pro-style offense so that may hurt us at the beginning as well. Our defense is always good, so I'm expecting the same.

I'm excited to see what we can do here in a season or two. Kyle Whittingham is one of the best coaches in the league. I believe he will be able to steal some pretty good high school players from more different states. He's a good recruiter, and Utah is a fantastic school.

Cant Wait!!!
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Ok guys time is coming up, and quite frankly with no NFL to discuss, why not discuss college football.

Some questions or for those who wanna answer.

-Who has best chances of making a BCS Bowl
-Which conference is overall best from top to bottom
-Who is this years heisman trophy favorite and darkhorse

Also if u feel, give your power rankings, and we can talk best players either leaving school after 2011, or the best future stars incoming to College.

Oh and post your favorite team that you root for.

can't wait for the season to start!

best chances of making a BCS Bowl? uh, there are 12 spots, I'm not sure what your question is there

SEC is still the best conference

Top 5 Heisman should be: Andrew Luck, LaMichael James, Justin Blackmon, Landry Jones, Trent Richardson. Then your darkhorses would be Kellen Moore, Ryan Broyles, Case Keenum, and maybe my favorite: RG3
oh, and also

Share 49ersWebzone