There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mayweather vs Ortiz September 17th

Manny is a beast and so if Floyd. lets just hope manny doesnt miraculously lose to this guy and the talks actually get somewhere after this fight and we get to see Manny and Money fight it out in May
Anyone else think that Floyd would jump at the opportunity to fight Pacquiao if he has a difficult time or loses to Marquez?
The problem is, ever state can creat it's own rules and there is too much money on the table. Unless all states agree to something like Olympic style blood testing the promotors will take their business elsewhere. Do you really think Vegas or Atlantic city cares about the purity of the sport? It's all about the benjamins, to quote the great Puffy Cones.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
you would think that elite boxers would be tested for everything under the sun before and after a fight.

sorry, forgot to quote you in the response above.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
The problem is, ever state can creat it's own rules and there is too much money on the table. Unless all states agree to something like Olympic style blood testing the promotors will take their business elsewhere. Do you really think Vegas or Atlantic city cares about the purity of the sport? It's all about the benjamins, to quote the great Puffy Cones.

true dat lol @ Puffy Cones.
After defeating Victor Ortiz last weekend, Floyd Mayweather declared on his Facebook that he was "tired of beating up these guys" and he has plans of "moving up to the heavyweights and fighting the Klitschko brothers."
FloydMayweather Floyd Mayweather
Look at Ortiz's trainer give him some great advice at the end of the 4th episode of 24/7 yfrog.com/g0y1acsj

FloydMayweather Floyd Mayweather
If you don't listen to your trainer, s**t happens.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
After defeating Victor Ortiz last weekend, Floyd Mayweather declared on his Facebook that he was "tired of beating up these guys" and he has plans of "moving up to the heavyweights and fighting the Klitschko brothers."

yup, just like i said......

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
it's not going to be practice. he's gonna use it as an example of why he would have beaten pacquiao.
  • Amir
  • Veteran

it's not going to be practice. he's gonna use it as an example of why he would have beaten pacquiao.

lol He's obviously joking. But this is the last chance I'm giving Floyd. If manny wins and agrees to olympic drug testing up til the fight then fight him. End of story.
Originally posted by Amir:

lol He's obviously joking. But this is the last chance I'm giving Floyd. If manny wins and agrees to olympic drug testing up til the fight then fight him. End of story.

yup i know it's a joke. but it still doesn't imply what i was saying "these guys" include pacquiao, since he's saying he's basically wiped out the division.

but yup, if manny say's let's do it, no matter what it takes. it's the end of the talk.

i can see this happening.

Manny: "I'll do olympic testing. let's fight."
Floyd: "I think he's still cheating."
Manny: "What do you want me do to then?"
Floyd: "I want to video tape all our training sessions"
yup i know it's a joke. but it still doesn't imply what i was saying "these guys" include pacquiao, since he's saying he's basically wiped out the division.

but yup, if manny say's let's do it, no matter what it takes. it's the end of the talk.

I really dont think you guys are being fair. I believe Floyd really believes Manny is cheating. I totally disagree that he is just making that up so the fight wont happen. I think it's clear Manny is the one with something to hide. Anything else is just spin. The bias everyone has in favor of Manny is embarrasing. It's not like Floyd is asking Manny to do something he wont.....
Mayweather will retire undefeated. Whether he fights Manny or not.

I really dont think you guys are being fair. I believe Floyd really believes Manny is cheating. I totally disagree that he is just making that up so the fight wont happen. I think it's clear Manny is the one with something to hide. Anything else is just spin. The bias everyone has in favor of Manny is embarrasing. It's not like Floyd is asking Manny to do something he wont.....

Lulz Why you mad tho?

Chill and have yourself some puffy cones

you're entitled to your opinion.

mine is:

floyd LOVES playing the mind game. and he does his research when he does it. last time manny lost a fight he publicly stated that these kind of blood tests made him feel weak and was part of the reason why he lost.

i think floyd read that and is using it to his advantage to either 1. take manny out of his game mentally, 2. stall time, 3. get out of the fight. also, i don't think floyd is scared of manny, i think he just feels like he has too much to risk.

imo, a non-fight between would affect floyds legacy more than it would pac's due to (but not only because) of reputation. fair or not, that's the way it is in the court of public opinion.