LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 154 users in the forums

Mayweather vs Ortiz September 17th

This s**t looks all staged
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:

Easy work regardless of the "cheap shot". I'm not even a Mayweather fan and I know that once the ref says lets go and brings his hands together, action is live and if one guy wants to play nice after he did some dirty sht like Ortiz did, and the other guy starts firing on you, it's not the fault of the guy who keeps his focus on the action and knocks your azz out.

You may not like it, but if it was illegal, Ortiz would have won by DQ on FM. But it wasn't illegal and myself having fought for over 15 years know that's rule #1 in boxing and as a former fighter, it's more disgusting that Ortiz threw the headbutt and NO ONE seems to give 2 sht1s about that btchazz move. FM was whoopin this dude azz all night, beating him to the punch and its ALLLLL forgotten that the sht started because Ortiz went dirty with the head butt.

All Ortiz did was prolong the inevitable. He was taking an L regardless. Except now he didn't have to get his azz kicked for 12 and only 4 instead. FM won because he was focused on the fight, saw a chance to score and did it. Now go fight Pacquiao.
Since you boxed, would you be proud of doing something like that in one of your fights?

I love this talk he was whooping his ass. We were three rounds in and Ortiz clearly won the second round. Ya it was clearly over already. Please.
Originally posted by obx49:
I've been watching boxing religiously for over 30 years now and I know throwing a headbutt like that is considered really taboo in boxing. Great Post!

Since you have been following boxing religiously, I assume you know Terry Norris and that he was in Ortiz's corner. We KNOW he ain't complaining about what Pretty Boy Floyd did
Originally posted by SportsFan:

Easy work regardless of the "cheap shot". I'm not even a Mayweather fan and I know that once the ref says lets go and brings his hands together, action is live and if one guy wants to play nice after he did some dirty sht like Ortiz did, and the other guy starts firing on you, it's not the fault of the guy who keeps his focus on the action and knocks your azz out.

You may not like it, but if it was illegal, Ortiz would have won by DQ on FM. But it wasn't illegal and myself having fought for over 15 years know that's rule #1 in boxing and as a former fighter, it's more disgusting that Ortiz threw the headbutt and NO ONE seems to give 2 sht1s about that btchazz move. FM was whoopin this dude azz all night, beating him to the punch and its ALLLLL forgotten that the sht started because Ortiz went dirty with the head butt.

All Ortiz did was prolong the inevitable. He was taking an L regardless. Except now he didn't have to get his azz kicked for 12 and only 4 instead. FM won because he was focused on the fight, saw a chance to score and did it. Now go fight Pacquiao.
Since you boxed, would you be proud of doing something like that in one of your fights?

I love this talk he was whooping his ass. We were three rounds in and Ortiz clearly won the second round. Ya it was clearly over already. Please.

Ortiz was also winning the 4th round not until that stupid headbutt he threw.
*didn't buy this PPV*

LOL at reading all the cheap shot, controversial articles. FMJ is even more of a heel now...and deserves the negative attention, too.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
sorry, Manny is God!!! i should know better than to talk bad about manny pacquiao!!! how do you know theres no truth to that? why would floyd be willing to show how clean he is but manny wont? if he has nothing to hide then do the test. sucker punch? the ref said fight, floyd fought, ortiz dropped.

Doesn't boxing already have drug test that you have to submit to for a fight. And doesn't Pacquiao already submit to them. I personally think that this fight will never happen because Floyd feels he doesn't need to fight Manny. I have also heard from boxing experts that Floyd hates that Manny gets so much love and that he won't give him the satisfaction of giving him the fight. I guess it is a lot like Bonds and his contempt for Sosa and Mcguire seeing them as inferior and not understanding why they are loved so much
Boxing sucks on this level because of all the money involved, but after watching the replay homeboy deserved what he got. Who cares who'd win between Pac and Maywether surely the fight would turn out something like this crap.
I've changed my stance:

I no longer think it's a cheap shot by Mayweather, but a dumb, stupid move by Ortiz.
I blame Joe Cortez more than I blame Money and Vicious Victor

Ortiz was also winning the 4th round not until that stupid headbutt he threw.
Wrong. I have no clue what fight you saw but go look at the punch stats. FM was landing that lead straight like it was a jab and Ortiz had only 1 asnwer to it...the headbutt. You think a fighter who thought he was winning a fight would be frustrated enough to throw a headbutt? So I suppose Tyson bit Holyfield's ear because he was winning that fight too according to your guys analysis.

Oh, BTW I did the research for you: Mayweather landed 73 of 208 punches to just 26 of 148 for Ortiz.

Won the 2nd and was winning the 4th? C'mon guys.

Reach much?
[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Sep 17, 2011 at 11:16 PM ]

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Could never see a Sugar Ray Leonard or Ali end a fight like that, can't believe some of you think nothing is wrong what he did.
Could never see a Sugar Ray Leonard or Ali end a fight like that, can't believe some of you think nothing is wrong what he did.

liston...

Nothing wrong with it at all. You're acting as if he kicked him in the groin while Joe Cortes wasn't looking and won the fight. Ortiz got knocked out for not paying attention to his opponent, his responsibility, no one elses. Seems like it's being made worse because of who did it. If MP did, I know Lampley and Merchant both would be slurping up MP's ball bag for taking advantage of his opponents not protecting himself because like Raymond, everybody loves MP. One guy is a cheapshot artist and the other is a tactician who seized the opportunity.

It's similar to how during Hurricane Katrina, Time magazine had pictures of black folks running out of a supermarket with food and the caption to the picture was "Residents of the 5th Ward seen stealing and looting food from a super market." 2 pages later, some "non blacks" are seen holding a loaf of bread, bottled water and some hot dogs. The caption? "Desperate for food, this couple is lucky to have FOUND some items to help sustain them until FEMA is there to help."

Sometimes its more of an issue with who's doing it than what was done and in this case, if it wasn't FM, some still would have a problem with it, but not as many as there are now with him winning that way.
The judges cards had Ortiz in the second. I didn't think he was winning the 4th but he wasn't getting his ass whooped. Ortiz may not have won but he was going to give that n****r a fight.
The judges cards had Ortiz in the second. I didn't think he was winning the 4th but he wasn't getting his ass whooped. Ortiz may not have won but he was going to give that n****r a fight.

James?
Share 49ersWebzone