LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Mayweather vs Ortiz September 17th

Originally posted by SanFranMan:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
What was Mayweather saying to Merchant? I'm on ESPN and they aint saying s**t

Something like "you should be fired and you never say anything good about me"
They were about to throw down lol and It woulve prolly lasted longer than the actual fight
Originally posted by obx49:
No, the ref clearly told both fighter to continue fighting after he took a point from Ortiz. Yes the ref did look back, but I remember clearly that he told both fighters to begin fighting again. Plus how many times is Ortiz gonna kiss and hug Mayweather after the headbutt? Aren't they suppose to fight instead of making love?

Yes cause you always see refs tell boxers to fight and then turn away to talk to someone outside the ring. I am surprised that Roger Mayweather didn't come in with a steel chair while the ref was distracted WWF style.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Originally posted by SanFranMan:
What was Mayweather saying to Merchant? I'm on ESPN and they aint saying s**t

Something like "you should be fired and you never say anything good about me"
They were about to throw down lol and It woulve prolly lasted longer than the actual fight

Merchant Vs Mayweather lol
I ordered and watched all the prelim fights for this s**t?

Boxing is wack, nothing impressive about needing 2 sucker punches to knoock out a guy trying to kiss and hug you.

I can knock out anyone with a guy looking the other way with one punch.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LB49ers:
No, the ref clearly told both fighter to continue fighting after he took a point from Ortiz. Yes the ref did look back, but I remember clearly that he told both fighters to begin fighting again. Plus how many times is Ortiz gonna kiss and hug Mayweather after the headbutt? Aren't they suppose to fight instead of making love?

Yes cause you always see refs tell boxers to fight and then turn away to talk to someone outside the ring. I am surprised that Roger Mayweather didn't come in with a steel chair while the ref was distracted WWF style.
The ref clearly, and the replays will show, that he said "fight." He sure in hell didn't say kiss and hug or did I miss something here?
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
That just shows what a loser Floyd is. Ya Ortiz took a cheap shot but he was apologizing and he cold cock him.

What happened?

Ortiz had him on the ropes and jumped and headbutted him by accident, otiz apologized, hugged mayweather for fairplay in the middle of the ring, mayweather caught him with 2 suckerpunches while the ref was looking away and Ko'd him

that headbutt was not an accident

Not by a long shot, even Ortiz said he did it on purpose. There is no question that headbutt was purposely done.

It was but the ref broke the action. You usually wait for the ref to say box again. You see the ref he is checking with someone outside the ring and Floyd took a cheap shot. Did the ref call time? If he did he certainly didn't call time in so if that is the case Floyd should be DQed.

The ref handle that extremely poorly...He took a point away from Ortiz but he should have then had them touch gloves, seperate and then fight again. instead he took away the point and was looking away like a dumb ass when they started fighting again

and deliberate headbutt or not, Ortiz was trying to apologize to Floyd...Floyd was embracing his apology and then cheap shotted him like an angy little kid when he saw the ref wasnt looking...b***h MOVE!!! Most disappointing fight ive ever seen and i have lost all respect for Floyd
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I ordered and watched all the prelim fights for this s**t?

Boxing is wack, nothing impressive about needing 2 sucker punches to knoock out a guy trying to kiss and hug you.

I can knock out anyone with a guy looking the other way with one punch.

You must hit harder than Mayweather because it took him two
Ortiz launched himself like a torpedo. That was a horrible cheap shot. I'm ashamed to say that that joto is from my hometown. A complete disgrace
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Floyd Mayweather is one of those human beings on the face of the earth that karma seriously needs to get a hold of.

What a piece of trash.

Whats with all the hate for Mayweather? That headbutt by Ortiz was clearly the bigger cheap shot, it was totally blatant. Protect yourself at all times.

The bigger cheap shot? It was a cheap shot yes, but considering it was done in the heat of action, the referee stopped the action, deducted a point from Ortiz, Ortiz apologized, was still apologizing and had his guard down, Mayweather hits him with two sucker punches while the referee isnt looking.

You go hide behind the same b******t interpretation of those rules like Mayweather did.

f**king pathetic.
I think we can all agree that the biggest losers tonight were the people who paid for that POS event.

Money Mayweather

Woooooooooooowooooooooooo
Mayweather's a punk ass p***y
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Floyd Mayweather is one of those human beings on the face of the earth that karma seriously needs to get a hold of.

What a piece of trash.

Whats with all the hate for Mayweather? That headbutt by Ortiz was clearly the bigger cheap shot, it was totally blatant. Protect yourself at all times.

The bigger cheap shot? It was a cheap shot yes, but considering it was done in the heat of action, the referee stopped the action, deducted a point from Ortiz, Ortiz apologized, was still apologizing and had his guard down, Mayweather hits him with two sucker punches while the referee isnt looking.

You go hide behind the same b******t interpretation of those rules like Mayweather did.

f**king pathetic.

How many times is Ortiz going to apologize? I mean seriously. Did Mayweather wait to see if the ref was looking the other way? NO! The ref clearly said "fight" not kiss and hug.
  • titan
  • Veteran
That was a staged fight by WWE!!!!!! that is by far the worse acting by a referee and a guy that just got cheap shot! I wonder how much that puppy dog Diaz got paid under the table.

f**king pathetic.

What a piece of trash.

f**king pathetic.

Well said:

Ortiz: Cheap shot
Mayweather: BIGGER cheap shot
Share 49ersWebzone