LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

Lebron vs. Jordan

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by jrg:
What he ORIGINALLY said was that Jordan was the greatest SCORER of all time and LeBron is the greatest player ever.

no he said lebron could be the greatest player

This...he used the word "may be" - and ppl are running with the quote. Over-reaction to Pippen's comments.

No I think that wasnt in the original quote. Im pretty sure what he said on mike and mike is different than what he said on twitter.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by jrg:
What he ORIGINALLY said was that Jordan was the greatest SCORER of all time and LeBron is the greatest player ever.

no he said lebron could be the greatest player

This...he used the word "may be" - and ppl are running with the quote. Over-reaction to Pippen's comments.

No I think that wasnt in the original quote. Im pretty sure what he said on mike and mike is different than what he said on twitter.

I don't know what he said on Twitter...I know what he said on Mike and Mike. He said "may be"
I am not sure if you can say Jordan is the best ever. Many say that now because he is the best advertised player ever. People keep forgetting Oscar Robertson, Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell. In Oscar you have a guy who averaged a triple double in his career, Wilt is actually the best scorer ever, and Bill Russell has more championships than anyone and has always been a winner even in college.
MJ vs James

1.) Who is the better scorer? MJ
2.) Better Defender? Push at this point. James could end up better but MJ was 9 time 1st team all defense.
3.) Better Passer? Id have to say James
4.) Better closer? MJ and its not close
5.) Who has the most heart? again MJ and its not close

how is James better?
Originally posted by FreddyG:
MJ vs James

2.) Better Defender? Push at this point. James could end up better but MJ was 9 time 1st team all defense.

how is James better?

1. Mj for sure, his game was pretty.. the fade, the crossover, the dunks, the quick first step, the layups.. None of the crappy showboating that lebron does, none of the look at me now celebrating that lebron does.
2. Jordan was a better defender, he was always on the first team defense, he was always deflecting passes or in the right spot, usually shut down his man.
3. Better passer, I guess lebron wins here, jordan did find a way to get People like Luc Longley, and bill wennington the ball, along with steve Kerr.
4. better closer? Jordan all day, itll take lebron another 5 years to hit mj levels of being clutch.
5. heart? MJ Lebron is a big kid, quits when it gets rough.

i agree lebron isn't even close....
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on May 28, 2011 at 2:15 PM ]
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by FreddyG:
MJ vs James

how is James better?

1. Mj for sure, his game was pretty.. the fade, the crossover, the dunks, the quick first step, the layups.. None of the crappy showboating that lebron does, none of the look at me now celebrating that lebron does.
2. Jordan was a better defender, he was always on the first team defense, he was always deflecting passes or in the right spot, usually shut down his man.
3. Better passer, I guess lebron wins here, jordan did find a way to get People like Luc Longley, and bill wennington the ball, along with steve Kerr.
4. better closer? Jordan all day, itll take lebron another 5 years to hit mj levels of being clutch.
5. heart? MJ Lebron is a big kid, quits when it gets rough.

i agree lebron isn't even close....

• 4ML
  • Veteran

MJ didn't do that? I agree Lebron is not better than MJ, not yet anyway, but let's not make up stuff now.

MJ didn't do that? I agree Lebron is not better than MJ, not yet anyway, but let's not make up stuff now.

Jordan did the shrug, and the tiger woods fist pump..

he didnt stare down people after pretty much every foul or dunk.. didnt run around crazy after beating the celtics, didn't flop on every single possession to get fouls/charges called.. etc..

Jordan just seemed a lot classier (even with some of his off the court issues)
Greatest 1st team ever:

PG: Magic Johnson
SG: Michael Jordan
SF: Larry Bird
PF: Kevin Garnett
C: Kareem Abdul Jabbar

2nd team:

PG: Isiah Thomas
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Lebron James
PF: Tim Duncan
C: Shaquille O'Neal

3rd team:

PG: Oscar Robertson
SG: Ray Allen
SF: Elgin Baylor
PF: Kevin Mchale
C: Bill Russell

4th team:

PG: Bob Cousy
SG: Dwayne Wade
SF: Rick Barry
PF: Shawn Kemp
C: Wilt Chamberlain
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on May 28, 2011 at 5:39 PM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Jordan was never accused of quitting in a game, even when Chuck Daly imposed the "Jordan rules" which entailed triple teaming and hard fouls (no flagrants back then), whenever he thought about going in the paint. I remember a post game interview after the Pistons had beat the Bulls, Jordan had over 30 and the Bulls still lost. He had visible welts on his head, all he said was he and his teammates needed to play better if they expected to win. People comparing James to Jordan at this stage, must have not seen Jordan play, or forgot how tough of a competitor he was.

MJ>>>>>>>>LeBrick
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
Jordan was never accused of quitting in a game, even when Chuck Daly imposed the "Jordan rules" which entailed triple teaming and hard fouls (no flagrants back then), whenever he thought about going in the paint. I remember a post game interview after the Pistons had beat the Bulls, Jordan had over 30 and the Bulls still lost. He had visible welts on his head, all he said was he and his teammates needed to play better if they expected to win. People comparing James to Jordan at this stage, must have not seen Jordan play, or forgot how tough of a competitor he was.

Originally posted by crzy:
What Scottie Pippen meant to say was that Lebron James is the greatest physical specimen to ever play the game of basketball.

To even compare Lebron James actual talent, competitiveness, mental toughness, overall ability, and RESUME to Michael Jordan is just so absolutely f**king ridiculous.

It would be the equivalent of saying Dwight Howard is better than Bill Russell.

No, you are trying to interpret a direct quote. Last time I was learned, a direct quote from someone holds more value than an interpretation from what the person said.

If that's how we are doing it, then Pippen's word holds a lot of weight, from a guy who played against Jordan in just about every practice and had to guard him in every practice so things would even out, I'm sure he knows what he's talking about, right? I mean, it's a direct quote and he's seen him both play.

What I think? Lebron is a more skilled player than Julius Erving because of his ability on defense and no one in the NBA has ever been that skilled since Magic or Oscar.
[ Edited by Joecool on May 28, 2011 at 6:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by BobS:

That's one thing you gotta respect about MJ, he never b***hed but neither has Lebron. Jordan was one tough mofo and another teams unfairness made him play harder, not cry like a little biatch. But then again, Jordan got more calls than anyone and Kobe never got as many calls as Jordan did. However, Jordan didn't throw elbows and foul on the defensive end either to warrant b***hing about being fouled himself.

Share 49ersWebzone