Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
Not that I follow Basketball much but here is an easy comparison

NBA Championships

Jordan 6
Lebron 0

NBA Championships

Horry 7
Jordan 6

If you are even bringing up Horry in comparison to MJ you are not even a knowledgable basketball fan. Horry got those rings piggybacking on Hakeem Olajuwon, Kobe and Shaq, and then Tim Duncan/Tony Parker/Manu Ginobili. If you honestly think that Lebron is better than Jordan, you are nuts. MJ was a better defensive player and a much more skilled offensive player. He won 6 titles as the undisputed #1. You also brought up how at age 26 Jordan was ringless and didnt win till he was 27. Big difference is LeBron has been in the league 8 years now I believe, MJ had been in the league only 6 years before he won his title, this is LeBron's 8th year and he is not even the undisputed #1 on his own team. You are just saying this crap because you are a huge LeBron homer and you are a heat fan.

LOL @ LeBron not being the #1 on his own team. He is the best player in the league.

I said undisputed #1. He might be 1.A but then Wade is definitely 1.B. Even if LeBron is the best player on the Heat is not the #1 option all the time, and he came to Wade's team instead of having other people go to his team. Wade already won a ring without LeBron.

Yeah but who was the #1 on their Jr. High Basketball team? LOL came to his team. LeBron is the best player on the Heat that isn't even debatable.

People werent even on LeBron's nuts like this until after this last series. Give me a break.

Can your cousin provide some insight?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

NBA Championships

Jordan 6
Lebron 0

NBA Championships

Horry 7
Jordan 6

If you are even bringing up Horry in comparison to MJ you are not even a knowledgable basketball fan. Horry got those rings piggybacking on Hakeem Olajuwon, Kobe and Shaq, and then Tim Duncan/Tony Parker/Manu Ginobili. If you honestly think that Lebron is better than Jordan, you are nuts. MJ was a better defensive player and a much more skilled offensive player. He won 6 titles as the undisputed #1. You also brought up how at age 26 Jordan was ringless and didnt win till he was 27. Big difference is LeBron has been in the league 8 years now I believe, MJ had been in the league only 6 years before he won his title, this is LeBron's 8th year and he is not even the undisputed #1 on his own team. You are just saying this crap because you are a huge LeBron homer and you are a heat fan.

First of all, I said very early in my comments above - "I don't rate Lebron higher than Jordan" - not sure how you missed that.

Second, Jordan won the title in his 7th year, this is Lebron's 7th year in the league. And, Lebron is the undisputed no.1 player on his team, don't be silly.

I brought up Horry, because number of championships was the ONLY reason given by Dave. Now, if one has to win titles as undisputed #1 player, than the greatest player of all time has to be Bill Russell.

...Bill Russell wasn't even the best player of his time.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

NBA Championships

Jordan 6
Lebron 0

NBA Championships

Horry 7
Jordan 6

LOL @ LeBron not being the #1 on his own team. He is the best player in the league.

I said undisputed #1. He might be 1.A but then Wade is definitely 1.B. Even if LeBron is the best player on the Heat is not the #1 option all the time, and he came to Wade's team instead of having other people go to his team. Wade already won a ring without LeBron.

Yeah but who was the #1 on their Jr. High Basketball team? LOL came to his team. LeBron is the best player on the Heat that isn't even debatable.

People werent even on LeBron's nuts like this until after this last series. Give me a break.

Can your cousin provide some insight?

He could probably tell you why Kobe is better than LeBron... I dont really see why you're mocking someone who has actually played the game at a higher level relative to their age than you ever did.
Pippen's also said Kobe could be better too.

It's no secret that Pippen is butt hurt and mad and jealous of Jordan because he was Robin his whole career.

Number one why Jordan will always be better than Lebron. Jordan was Superman, Batman, Lebron will win his rings as one of 3 musketeers.

NBA Championships

Jordan 6
Lebron 0

NBA Championships

Horry 7
Jordan 6

First of all, I said very early in my comments above - "I don't rate Lebron higher than Jordan" - not sure how you missed that.

Second, Jordan won the title in his 7th year, this is Lebron's 7th year in the league. And, Lebron is the undisputed no.1 player on his team, don't be silly.

I brought up Horry, because number of championships was the ONLY reason given by Dave. Now, if one has to win titles as undisputed #1 player, than the greatest player of all time has to be Bill Russell.

...Bill Russell wasn't even the best player of his time.

This is LeBron's 8th year. I mean Jordan went to college so LeBron has a head start on years played, so the stats you brought up earlier of course LeBron will eventually wind up with more points/rebs/etc. Plus MJ took a year and a half off. I dont even see why anyone is arguing with me, I'm just saying why MJ is better than LeBron its not like I'm saying LeBron sucks. And to anyone who says LeBron is definitely the best player on his team, Wade is a really good player and after all the LeBron hype has gotten massively underrated. Dont forget that DWade was absolutely unstoppable in the 2006 finals.
Jordan was way better.. no further argument needed.
Jordan wouldnt have won s**t with that Cavs squad
Originally posted by ads_2006:

he might have, because he wouldn't have quit on his team.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by ads_2006:

he might have, because he wouldn't have quit on his team.

Link

Yea, he quit on his team.
Lebron probably will be an overall better player than Jordan when his career is over

Originally posted by valrod33:
Lebron probably will be an overall better player than Jordan when his career is over

Definitely has the chance. He has the best start ever. Just depends on how his work ethic will be when his athleticism starts to fade. Will he take the time to develop a post game (a la Kobe and Jordan)? Or will he just focus on being a celebrity and getting paid?
LeBron should be compared to Magic not Michael
Lebron is still writing his history and he may indeed exceed Jordan eventually. Jordan is still the greatest, although, Lebron may get there. Lebron's defense is putting him in a whole different category. He can dominate the game on both sides, maybe even more than Jordan (who was also a really good defender). Hell, you can make a legit argument that Kobe is as good as Jordan.

At the end of the day there is no denying that Bron has the potential to be the greatest ever. He still needs to win a lot of hardware and come up huge in the playoffs year after year, but he is on his way.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
If you have 1 game to win, I'm guessing everyone would rather have Jordan than James.
How is this even a debate yet? Give LeBron a few more years, right now he's nowhere near the player that Michael was.

Yes, Michael had a great team but how many rings did the Bulls win without him? None. In fact they struggled mightily to even make the playoffs in the year he went to play baseball for his deceased father.

A year after his return, they won another 3 championships. IMO that shows that it was Jordan who was the driving force behind their success.

Wade has already won without LeBron. All of these championships go onto his resume and he'll always have one more than LeBron. How is he not in the MJ conversation? Is it because LeBron is "the king"? Is it because he came straight out of high-school as a prodigy? Is it because he wore #23? His game is nothing like Jordan's, they don't even play the same position.
Share 49ersWebzone