There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Lebron vs. Jordan

Originally posted by sacniner:
Lock this thread up. No need to disrespect MJ. We all had our questions answered in the finals.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
lebron disappeared in the finals, jordan thrived. no comparison. lebron aint even close to Kobe and Kobe is the closest to Jordan i would say.

Kobe's been humiliated in the Finals before.

Detroit ring a bell.

There's only one MJ, but this is hardly Lebron's nail in the coffin.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
lebron disappeared in the finals, jordan thrived. no comparison. lebron aint even close to Kobe and Kobe is the closest to Jordan i would say.

Detroit ring a bell.

Valid point. I just don't understand how he was even being compared to Jordan. He's not even Kobe.
Originally posted by Amir:

Detroit ring a bell.

Valid point. I just don't understand how he was even being compared to Jordan. He's not even Kobe.

In defense of Kobe, he went down fighting. Lebron went down without putting up a fight.

Detroit ring a bell.

well kobe did keep detroit from sweeping the lakers with that shot he hit in game 2 to send it to ot
  • zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Lock this thread up. No need to disrespect MJ. We all had our questions answered in the finals.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Detroit ring a bell.

In defense of Kobe, he went down fighting. Lebron went down without putting up a fight.

True, but if Lebron learns his lesson from this he still has chance to match anyone not named MJ.

He's perfectly capable of taking games over in high pressure situations. He did it against Chicago and Boston. For whatever reason he was completely passive in this one. He'll come back stronger.

Detroit ring a bell.

True, but if Lebron learns his lesson from this he still has chance to match anyone not named MJ.

He's perfectly capable of taking games over in high pressure situations. He did it against Chicago and Boston. For whatever reason he was completely passive in this one. He'll come back stronger.

he'll have to catch Jordan just to pass Kobe assuming the Lakers don't win another before Kobe retires

Detroit ring a bell.

MIA may be better off with Wade as the Jordan and Lebron as the defensive lock down guy. As of now, he's not even an effective passer in 4th quarters as he camps out behind the 3-point line and only swings the ball over after receiving a pass.

Get a legit PG, put Wade at the 2-spot and Lebron at the full time 3-spot similar to Marion.

Set the offense to have Lebron cutting to the basket from the wing because with this mentality, he should not be handling the ball at all.

Detroit ring a bell.

MIA may be better off with Wade as the Jordan and Lebron as the defensive lock down guy. As of now, he's not even an effective passer in 4th quarters as he camps out behind the 3-point line and only swings the ball over after receiving a pass.

Get a legit PG, put Wade at the 2-spot and Lebron at the full time 3-spot similar to Marion.

Set the offense to have Lebron cutting to the basket from the wing because with this mentality, he should not be handling the ball at all.

LeBron would have to make some serious improvements and alterations to his game to play effectively off of the ball.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Detroit ring a bell.

LeBron would have to make some serious improvements and alterations to his game to play effectively off of the ball.

He's such a waste of talent it's frustrating to watch. His mentality is holding him back, big time.

Detroit ring a bell.

He's such a waste of talent it's frustrating to watch. His mentality is holding him back, big time.

I agree that it's mostly his mentality, but his actual floor game has several holes in it as well. Doesn't operate well off of the ball. Doesn't play well in the post. He's even not all that effective as a one-on-one player.

He's effective in transition, and off of the pick and roll. That's about it. He's INCREDIBLY effective in those situations, but his teams become relatively easy to defend over the course of a 7 game series, because you only have to stop a couple of things.

This was true for the vast majority of the playoffs, but their team defense masked it by winning games.

Detroit ring a bell.

I agree that it's mostly his mentality, but his actual floor game has several holes in it as well. Doesn't operate well off of the ball. Doesn't play well in the post. He's even not all that effective as a one-on-one player.

He's effective in transition, and off of the pick and roll. That's about it. He's INCREDIBLY effective in those situations, but his teams become relatively easy to defend over the course of a 7 game series, because you only have to stop a couple of things.

This was true for the vast majority of the playoffs, but their team defense masked it by winning games.

His offense is too predictable. He's a one-direction player. He has been since he's been in the league. He's improved his jumper since then but it is obvious he is not working on his footwork and change of direction when driving and dribbling through traffic. He will never be great if he can't get this footwork down. All he will be is a drive hard one way and a fast break player.

He doesn't even have favorite spots on the court he wants to work his way to. For example, Kobe, all the moves he does is for a purpose which is to either get to that elbow for the jumper or another one of his favorite spots. Lebron, doesn't have this which is why it's obvious he hasn't practiced his game.

[ Edited by Joecool on Jun 13, 2011 at 10:29:09 ]
this proves it, LeBron is an overhypes, overrated, non superstar IMO.

For those who have said he is better than Michael Jordan, i lmao at them,

And wtf, all about the Heat and LeBron, but nothing on the Mavs who won the title.

Oh and 18pts in the fnals for lebron averaged, compared to 27pts in reg season, talk about the greatest, oh wait he isnt, lol, he choked.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
I wonder what Scottie Pippen is thinking right now? He has been on James' nuts for some time now.