Lebron vs. Jordan

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Carmelo, Amare, D-Rose, Dirk, and Deron Williams are all better than Lebron
stop posting.

[ Edited by binary2nd on Jun 8, 2011 at 10:12:56 ]
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:

Carmelo is not better than Lebron. Hes a better scorer, but LeBrons the all around better player.

You could argue that the rest are better than him though

I think Deron Williams is the most underrated player in the league. People were acting like this missed out on Carmelo and had to get Deron instead. I'd rather have Deron Williams instead of Carmelo, easily

Carmelo doesnt get 8 points in a huge playoff game

Carmelo is not better than Lebron. Hes a better scorer, but LeBrons the all around better player.

I think Deron Williams is the most underrated player in the league. People were acting like this missed out on Carmelo and had to get Deron instead. I'd rather have Deron Williams instead of Carmelo, easily

He's never scored a single point in the Finals.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

He's never scored a single point in the Finals.

b/c he hasnt been there, at least he is not a p*ssy like lebron

Carmelo doesnt get to a huge playoff game

fixed

LOL. How is Carmelo a better scorer. For their careers, LBJ averages more pts on a better FG% and 3Pt%. Carmelo's best scoring season was 28.9 pts and LBJ has 3 seasons better than that. Do explain.

And how are any of those players better than him. You think any of those players win 127 games over the last 2 years with Cleveland's squad. Hell, Amare has NEVER won 66 games in a season, and that's with a career playing with Nash, Joe Johnson, Marion, etc. None of them have and all of them have had way better supporting casts than LBJ EVER had prior to this year.

This could be the dumbest discussion ever.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by susweel:
Forget Lebron vs Jordan I don't even think that Lebron is better then Dwade.

This for sure Dwade>>>>> Lebron

In one game you can say that. But I don't think you can make that argument through the entire playoffs. Lebron has had a really good playoffs. And he was the dominant guy vs. the Bulls. Where Wade was pure garbage. The WZ memory is 1 game...

Forget the one game, just go off his past playoff history. When the pressure is on Lebron has shrinkage.
Originally posted by Joecool:

LOL at the last pic.

Lebron sucks. Even if they win it all I hope he continues to do jack squat. It will sour his championship.
The sooner people stop trying to compare Lebron to Jordan the better.

Lebron is closer to Magic in my opinion anyways. Lebron is great in that he can score, assist, rebound and defend whenever he puts his mind to it. But that can be said of most the greats to play the game.

Originally posted by global_nomad:

Lebron is closer to Magic in my opinion anyways. Lebron is great in that he can score, assist, rebound and defend whenever he puts his mind to it. But that can be said of most the greats to play the game.

His passing and vision is comparable to Magic's. But it's not like Magic had the strength, speed, scoring ability, shooting ability, defense, etc. of LBJ. And who the hell knows how many rings he'd have if he played with Kareem, Worthy, Cooper, etc.
Originally posted by andes14:

His passing and vision is comparable to Magic's. But it's not like Magic had the strength, speed, scoring ability, shooting ability, defense, etc. of LBJ. And who the hell knows how many rings he'd have if he played with Kareem, Worthy, Cooper, etc.

ya that's where there isn't a good comparable. I agree he passed like magic but in a much bigger stronger body which, like I said, allows him to do many other things.

and then everyone has to compare the "cast" people played and won with.

I thought this would be over after Lebron lost a finals. Like the Brady vs. Montana was over once Brady lost.
Originally posted by andes14:

ya that's where there isn't a good comparable. I agree he passed like magic but in a much bigger stronger body which, like I said, allows him to do many other things.

and then everyone has to compare the "cast" people played and won with.

I thought this would be over after Lebron lost a finals. Like the Brady vs. Montana was over once Brady lost.

At the same time though, is getting to the Super Bowl and losing not more impressive than not getting there in the first place? Would Brady's legacy be more impressive if he lost in the AFC championship game that year instead?

I'm just playing devil's advocate and I definitely think Montana>>>>Brady, but it's not because Brady lost a Super Bowl.
LeBron is a very good passer, especially for his size, but please stop saying that his passing and vision is comparable to Magic Johnson. Magic orchestrated one of the greatest offenses the game has ever seen, and is the career leader in assists per game. On a more specific level, he was great at making every type of pass that there was to make, a had court vision that only Stockton, Kidd, Bird, & Nash shared with him. LeBron is a great pocket passer on the pick and roll and does a great job of hitting 3 point shooters in a scoring position, but he is nowhere near the passing genius of Magic.

You'll get no argument from me on the other elements of their game, but LeBron doesn't belong in the same breath as Magic as a passer. That's no disrespect to LeBron. Only those 4 guys I mentioned are even remotely close, IMO.

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
LeBron is a very good passer, especially for his size, but please stop saying that his passing and vision is comparable to Magic Johnson. Magic orchestrated one of the greatest offenses the game has ever seen, and is the career leader in assists per game. On a more specific level, he was great at making every type of pass that there was to make, a had court vision that only Stockton, Kidd, Bird, & Nash shared with him. LeBron is a great pocket passer on the pick and roll and does a great job of hitting 3 point shooters in a scoring position, but he is nowhere near the passing genius of Magic.

You'll get no argument from me on the other elements of their game, but LeBron doesn't belong in the same breath as Magic as a passer. That's no disrespect to LeBron. Only those 4 guys I mentioned are even remotely close, IMO.

Does anybody want some?
Share 49ersWebzone