LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 140 users in the forums

Lebron vs. Jordan

Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
8 points today

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Lebron ain't no MJ. He ain't no Kobe. He ain't even Reggie. His balls shrink. He's a fabulous, sensational basketball player, but he just doesn't have the killer instinct.

Aaaaaaaaaand................................go!!!
A well-timed bump
8 points today

Lebron ain't no MJ. He ain't no Kobe. He ain't even Reggie. His balls shrink. He's a fabulous, sensational basketball player, but he just doesn't have the killer instinct.

Aaaaaaaaaand................................go!!!

Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
Not that I follow Basketball much but here is an easy comparison

NBA Championships

Jordan 6
Lebron 0

NBA Championships

Horry 7
Jordan 6

If you are even bringing up Horry in comparison to MJ you are not even a knowledgable basketball fan. Horry got those rings piggybacking on Hakeem Olajuwon, Kobe and Shaq, and then Tim Duncan/Tony Parker/Manu Ginobili. If you honestly think that Lebron is better than Jordan, you are nuts. MJ was a better defensive player and a much more skilled offensive player. He won 6 titles as the undisputed #1. You also brought up how at age 26 Jordan was ringless and didnt win till he was 27. Big difference is LeBron has been in the league 8 years now I believe, MJ had been in the league only 6 years before he won his title, this is LeBron's 8th year and he is not even the undisputed #1 on his own team. You are just saying this crap because you are a huge LeBron homer and you are a heat fan.

LOL @ LeBron not being the #1 on his own team. He is the best player in the league.

I said undisputed #1. He might be 1.A but then Wade is definitely 1.B. Even if LeBron is the best player on the Heat is not the #1 option all the time, and he came to Wade's team instead of having other people go to his team. Wade already won a ring without LeBron.

Yeah but who was the #1 on their Jr. High Basketball team? LOL came to his team. LeBron is the best player on the Heat that isn't even debatable.

People werent even on LeBron's nuts like this until after this last series. Give me a break.

Can your cousin provide some insight?

So reign you still want my cousin to provide some insight?
"Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7, but 8 points!"
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by susweel:
Forget Lebron vs Jordan I don't even think that Lebron is better then Dwade.

This for sure Dwade>>>>> Lebron
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Forget Lebron vs Jordan I don't even think that Lebron is better then Dwade.

This for sure Dwade>>>>> Lebron

In one game you can say that. But I don't think you can make that argument through the entire playoffs. Lebron has had a really good playoffs. And he was the dominant guy vs. the Bulls. Where Wade was pure garbage. The WZ memory is 1 game...
why do sports fans always have to try and force the "modern superstar being better than the legend" argument?

if LeBron ends up better than Jordan, we'll all know it by the end of his career. theres no point talking about it now, because Jordan had 6 titles, which couldve easily been 8, and was the most clutch player of all time.

unless LeBron suddenly changes his style of play drastically to become Jordan-like, and then wins 6 titles and 6 Finals MVP awards, he isnt passing Jordan up.

i dont see how a player who doesnt even seem comfortable demanding the ball with the game on the line, and then winning the game himself on a regular basis can even be in the same argument as Jordan...
Originally posted by Niners99:
why do sports fans always have to try and force the "modern superstar being better than the legend" argument?

if LeBron ends up better than Jordan, we'll all know it by the end of his career. theres no point talking about it now, because Jordan had 6 titles, which couldve easily been 8, and was the most clutch player of all time.

unless LeBron suddenly changes his style of play drastically to become Jordan-like, and then wins 6 titles and 6 Finals MVP awards, he isnt passing Jordan up.

i dont see how a player who doesnt even seem comfortable demanding the ball with the game on the line, and then winning the game himself on a regular basis can even be in the same argument as Jordan...

most folks on here are part of the "if it was in the past its better" camp. but in this case, the past was WAYYYYYYYY better. MJ all day

Originally posted by Niners99:

lebron has got to step up. I don't care about comparisons, but he's gotta figure it out. Even if he takes 30 shots in a game and bricks them, he's got to believe he can make the last 2. That's what makes these epic players. I don't care about the matchups, the great defender shawn marion v lebron, or the old j terry v d wade....he has to produce. That's the only thing that matters.

[ Edited by DynastyChile on Jun 8, 2011 at 03:28:33 ]
Carmelo, Amare, D-Rose, Dirk, and Deron Williams are all better than Lebron
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

no..
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Carmelo is not better than Lebron. Hes a better scorer, but LeBrons the all around better player.

You could argue that the rest are better than him though

I think Deron Williams is the most underrated player in the league. People were acting like this missed out on Carmelo and had to get Deron instead. I'd rather have Deron Williams instead of Carmelo, easily
Share 49ersWebzone