Lebron James Approval Rating

Lebron James Approval Rating

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Defensively he is far superior to what Jordan was.

If you actually believe this statement, then you know nothing about basketball.

If he continues to play the kind of defense he has played in the playoffs this year, then he will be considered a better defender. Many ppl (including the post-game crew of ESPN) called his defensive performance equivalent to Scottie Pippen.

Everybody knows Pippen >>> Jordan, defensively.

Let's actually wait and see if he can even guard Dirk successfully. I have doubts.

If it was Michael Jordan, not only would he demand to guard Dirk, but he would do it extremely successfully with everything on the line.

Ok...when did Michael Jordan guard a PF successfully? Michael could guard 1-3, but never a 4.
  • crzy
  • Veteran

If he continues to play the kind of defense he has played in the playoffs this year, then he will be considered a better defender. Many ppl (including the post-game crew of ESPN) called his defensive performance equivalent to Scottie Pippen.

Let's actually wait and see if he can even guard Dirk successfully. I have doubts.

If it was Michael Jordan, not only would he demand to guard Dirk, but he would do it extremely successfully with everything on the line.

Ok...when did Michael Jordan guard a PF successfully? Michael could guard 1-3, but never a 4.

Yeah because Dirk Nowitzki is really a power forward lol.

Stephen Jackson and James Posey shut down Dirk in critical playoff series.

Let's see Lebron James do it.

crzy ... murder this BOY please ... i watch almost all games nd bron mayb guarded rose 5 min a game ... deng blew by bron quite a few time easy ... espn always on dudes jock ... rose still created space against bron but he missed shots ... rose was low FG % all of playoff except 1 game were he score 44 ... u must never see jordan play ...
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Scottie Pippen commented on Mike and Mike this morning..

"Michael Jordan may have been the greatest scorer to ever play this game, but Lebron James is the greatest player to ever play this game. Because he gets everyone involved. You have to be on your P's and Q's because everyone on the floor is a threat to score with the ball in his hands. He dominates games from both ends of the floor. Because of the way he plays defense and dominates, he is the complete package."

Defensively he is far superior to what Jordan was. Atletically he is better than Jordan. In the end he may be better than Jordan. We will see. It is true nobody has ever played the game like Lebron. He is a freak.

Defensively and athletically he is better than Jordan. I stand by it. Dude is like 6'8 1/2" and 260 lbs. of muscle. Speed, quickness, athleticism, jumping ability. He's got it all. He can guard 1, 2, 3, and 4 on the floor and do a heck of a job on each. Jordan could not guard 1 - 4. I'm not saying Jordan wasn't a fantastic athlete or defensive player. He was in fact both. And one of the best at both we have ever seen. But he didn't have the bulk, size, strength, frame or length of Lebron. That's all I'm saying. Guarding 1 - 4 is telling. Show me another guy who can do that. And can do it well no less. Who?

Originally posted by ReverendRashad15:

crzy ... murder this BOY please ... i watch almost all games nd bron mayb guarded rose 5 min a game ... deng blew by bron quite a few time easy ... espn always on dudes jock ... rose still created space against bron but he missed shots ... rose was low FG % all of playoff except 1 game were he score 44 ... u must never see jordan play ...

Michael would not be able to guard Dirk. He was 6'6". Dirk is 7'1".
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Scottie Pippen commented on Mike and Mike this morning..

"Michael Jordan may have been the greatest scorer to ever play this game, but Lebron James is the greatest player to ever play this game. Because he gets everyone involved. You have to be on your P's and Q's because everyone on the floor is a threat to score with the ball in his hands. He dominates games from both ends of the floor. Because of the way he plays defense and dominates, he is the complete package."

Defensively he is far superior to what Jordan was. Atletically he is better than Jordan. In the end he may be better than Jordan. We will see. It is true nobody has ever played the game like Lebron. He is a freak.

Defensively and athletically he is better than Jordan. I stand by it. Dude is like 6'8 1/2" and 260 lbs. of muscle. Speed, quickness, athleticism, jumping ability. He's got it all. He can guard 1, 2, 3, and 4 on the floor and do a heck of a job on each. Jordan could not guard 1 - 4. I'm not saying Jordan wasn't a fantastic athlete or defensive player. He was in fact both. And one of the best at both we have ever seen. But he didn't have the bulk, size, strength, frame or length of Lebron. That's all I'm saying. Guarding 1 - 4 is telling. Show me another guy who can do that. And can do it well no less. Who?

So who can do that? Tell me.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Yeah because Dirk Nowitzki is really a power forward lol.

Stephen Jackson and James Posey shut down Dirk in critical playoff series.

Let's see Lebron James do it.

Dirk of this year >>>>>>>>>>>>> Dirk of past years. Let's not start comparing this.

...and didn't I just say, he needs to continue playin' this high level of defense? I'm confused.

tmac guarded dirk at 6'7''. ron artest when he was on the kings

bruce bowen was 6'6 nd would lock dirk down ... calm that garbage down ... dirks not bothered by height nd brons 2 inch over jordan is not signifcant against dirk who has a high arc ...
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

bruce bowen was 6'6 nd would lock dirk down ... calm that garbage down ... dirks not bothered by height nd brons 2 inch over jordan is not signifcant against dirk who has a high arc ...

Bruce Bowen locked Dirk down? Could you tell me in which playoff series Bowen locked Dirk down.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Look Lebron played good defense on Rose in critical situations, I'm not looking take that away from him.

But you can't ignore the help defense and the fact that the Heat were sending extra defenders at Rose.

And how much of that had to do with the stagnant Bulls offense which was hard to watch at times? And how much of that was simply Derrick Rose sucking? He shot 37% against the Indiana Pacers. Maybe we should start comparing Paul George to Bruce Bowen and give him multiple defensive player of the year awards.

Stop overrating Lebron James. Just stop it. It's annoying.
[ Edited by crzy on May 27, 2011 at 11:09 PM ]
Eh I may not be as knowledgeable about the game as some of you guys but comparing LeBron to Jordan is a bit of stretch no?

Am I confused when I say that 23 would embarrass Lebron in his prime?

Bruce Bowen locked Dirk down? Could you tell me in which playoff series Bowen locked Dirk down.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-060508

show me when bron locked down a pg, sg, sf, nd pf ...
Look Lebron played good defense on Rose in critical situations, I'm not looking take that away from him.

But you can't ignore the help defense and the fact that the Heat were sending extra defenders at Rose.

And how much of that had to do with the stagnant Bulls offense which was hard to watch at times? And how much of that was simply Derrick Rose sucking? He shot 37% against the Indiana Pacers. Maybe we should start comparing Paul George to Bruce Bowen and give him multiple defensive player of the year awards.

Stop overrating Lebron James. Just stop it. It's annoying.

exactly wut i was sayin ... rose been bein low FG all playoffs ... bron guard him for 5 minutes nd now bruh bruh is pippen ???? gnr ... he couldnt even stay in front of rose ... that shot rose airball he got major separation
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home