Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Lebron swatted the
MVP attempt for a tie like I would swat a girl playing me one on
One.

is that the only way you can claim you're good in a game of hoops

Lol

Do u really need a reason to respect Lebron or are you just a blind hater?

his game has nothing to do with my dislike of the dude. his self loathing nasty arrogance is what rubs me the wrong way. plus he's on the opposing team. nothing to like about him.

Stop caring about personalities of people you will never know on a personal level. Just watch the game

Interesting. Do you feel the same way about Kobe?

-9fA

No comment.
Lol

I don't dislike Kobe personally, I did think he was corny for failing at the good boy image. But I actually enjoy watching Kobe play, I just dislike his fans more.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Lebron swatted the
One.

Lol

his game has nothing to do with my dislike of the dude. his self loathing nasty arrogance is what rubs me the wrong way. plus he's on the opposing team. nothing to like about him.

Stop caring about personalities of people you will never know on a personal level. Just watch the game

-9fA

Barry Bonds? Jordan? Favre (at times)?
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Scottie Pippen commented on Mike and Mike this morning..

"Michael Jordan may have been the greatest scorer to ever play this game, but Lebron James is the greatest player to ever play this game. Because he gets everyone involved. You have to be on your P's and Q's because everyone on the floor is a threat to score with the ball in his hands. He dominates games from both ends of the floor. Because of the way he plays defense and dominates, he is the complete package."

the kid said (not in this clip) that lebron is a better rebounder and passer
Lebron swatted the
One.

Lol

-9fA

No comment.
Lol

I don't dislike Kobe personally, I did think he was corny for failing at the good boy image. But I actually enjoy watching Kobe play, I just dislike his fans more.

I appreciate the honesty.

I'm personally on the fence with Lebron. I don't know how or why what I read and hear through the media leads me to dislike a person who I've never met. I am aware of talent on the court but just the whole "taking my talent to south beach" episode rubbed me the wrong way.

I admired him at a higher level when he was with Cleveland because he had this "taking the team on my back" and "single-handedly winning games" perception, swagger and persona that I think he has now lost with the Heat. Consequently, I also believe that this has diminished his footprint on the NBA at least for the short term, as 9erReign alluded to earlier.

-9fA
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I don't get this "he's diminished because he isn't a one man team" thing. It's a team sport, why not try and be on the best possible team? All good players who have little help want better team mates, Kobe tried to force his way out until he got another all star. Hell way back Hakeem wanted out of Houston because he was a one man show. Jordan didn't have to because he had help already. IF LBJ wins multiple championships in 20 years he's going to be considered among the greatest of all time regardlessd of who his team mates were.
Originally posted by TX9R:
I don't get this "he's diminished because he isn't a one man team" thing. It's a team sport, why not try and be on the best possible team? All good players who have little help want better team mates, Kobe tried to force his way out until he got another all star. Hell way back Hakeem wanted out of Houston because he was a one man show. Jordan didn't have to because he had help already. IF LBJ wins multiple championships in 20 years he's going to be considered among the greatest of all time regardlessd of who his team mates were.

Nicely stated.

You can't win titles nowadays without at least 2 All-Stars. Even then, you can't surround 2 All-Stars with a bunch of bums and expect a title run either. Barkley jumped down Lebron's neck for joining forces with Wade and Bosh. Dude, you were in Phoenix with KJ and Thunder Dan.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jigga:

Nicely stated.

You can't win titles nowadays without at least 2 All-Stars. Even then, you can't surround 2 All-Stars with a bunch of bums and expect a title run either. Barkley jumped down Lebron's neck for joining forces with Wade and Bosh. Dude, you were in Phoenix with KJ and Thunder Dan.

Yup after forcing Philly to trade him because he had no help. Then he went to Houston with Hakeem and Glyde. This argument that they were old vets so its OK is weak. Payton/ Malone did the same thing with LA and get a pass cuz they were old. Maybe this generation is smart enough to learn from history and not wait around till they're old to be in the best position to win. Dudes taking less money for a chance to win always get my respect.
I had respect for lebron when he was in cleveland, I could appreciate that he was a good player, who was getting better every year. I figured eventually his supporting cast would improve and he would get his shot.

After watching this postseason, seeing him celebrate like a middleschooler and overall just act unsportsmanlike... I have no respect for this dude.
  • Amir
  • Veteran

Nicely stated.

Yup after forcing Philly to trade him because he had no help. Then he went to Houston with Hakeem and Glyde. This argument that they were old vets so its OK is weak. Payton/ Malone did the same thing with LA and get a pass cuz they were old. Maybe this generation is smart enough to learn from history and not wait around till they're old to be in the best position to win. Dudes taking less money for a chance to win always get my respect.

How is it a weak argument. Those guys you mentioned tried to win it on their own before realizing that they couldn't. It's one thing if Cleveland barely made the playoffs each year but that wasn't the case. Dude let them to multiple ECF and a Finals Appearance. He is still relatively young and could've gotten more help.

Also, the hatred is because of the "decision" and the fact that he joined with another HOF player and All-Star player in his prime. Had he gone to Chicago or NY, there would be less anger/hate towards him. No one is denying he needs help. Every great player does.
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Scottie Pippen commented on Mike and Mike this morning..

"Michael Jordan may have been the greatest scorer to ever play this game, but Lebron James is the greatest player to ever play this game. Because he gets everyone involved. You have to be on your P's and Q's because everyone on the floor is a threat to score with the ball in his hands. He dominates games from both ends of the floor. Because of the way he plays defense and dominates, he is the complete package."

Defensively he is far superior to what Jordan was. Atletically he is better than Jordan. In the end he may be better than Jordan. We will see. It is true nobody has ever played the game like Lebron. He is a freak.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by BobS:
Ever since the "decision" and what he said about Cleveland I can't stand him and his enormous ego. I think I will be sick if the Mavericks don't beat the Heat, GO MAVS!!!!!!

The decision was for charity. What did he say about Cleveland?

There are about 1000 different ways to give to a charity, and making a mockery out of thousands of people is not the way.

He didn't mock anybody. Those people are babies who are sad he didn't choose their city. Free agent means "FREE." He can go wherever the hell he wants and doesn't have to apologize to anybody.
Lebron swatted the
One.

Lol

-9fA

Barry Bonds? Jordan? Favre (at times)?

I personally have never disliked a player for not being a great person. I hated Jordan, and I didn't know nothin' about his personal life, nor do I care now. I hated him because I was a Reggie Miller fan, and they were the biggest rivals in the 90s in the Eastern Conf. I hate Favre because it seemed like Niners could never beat him. I hate Kobe...only because he plays for the Lakers, I used to hate Shaq but was rootin' for him in Miami.

I don't know any player personally, and I don't pretend to know them because they don't talk to the media, or showboat during the game, or don't sign autographs, or whatever. Now, if you're Pacman Jones - that's another thing, but if we're only talkin' about a player having a big ego - what do I care?
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
dp
[ Edited by TX9R on May 27, 2011 at 1:16 PM ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
That's exactly what happened. Dude could have wasted 4-5 more years of his prime hoping his inept organization located in an undesirable city for FAs MAY get him some help, or he he could have 3-4 rings in that time frame. NY has proven to be nothing but inept for 50 years, Chicago will always be MJs, I wouldn't have gone to either of those. Again it's petty to hate on a guy for wanting to be in the best situation possible. If you were a computer guy, would you want to be with a bunch of average programmers or with the very best and create some revolutionary software. Applies to any field. Now "The Decision" was pretty gay but I'm not hating on a guy forever for making a f**king TV show.
That's exactly what happened. Dude could have wasted 4-5 more years of his prime hoping his inept organization located in an undesirable city for FAs MAY get him some help, or he he could have 3-4 rings in that time frame. NY has proven to be nothing but inept for 50 years, Chicago will always be MJs, I wouldn't have gone to either of those. Again it's petty to hate on a guy for wanting to be in the best situation possible. If you were a computer guy, would you want to be with a bunch of average programmers or with the very best and create some revolutionary software. Applies to any field. Now "The Decision" was pretty gay but I'm not hating on a guy forever for making a f**king TV show.