Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Lebron James Approval Rating

Lebron James Approval Rating

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I used to not like him, but now I'm on the fence. Ever since Dan Gilbert's classless comments and cleveland fans showing how pathetic they are, I've been pulling for him to get a ring just to shove it in their faces.

lmao@dude pissing off a bunch of people and on national tv, and then needing a ring to shove it in the faces of the people he made the first move on in the first place.

What does it matter if he did it on TV? He doesn't belong to them, and if he wanted to do that, it was his own right to. It's not his problem that people got butt hurt over it. Dan Gilbert came off as far more classless with his idiotic comments. That said, I'm not saying James is a saint either, because like I wrote, I didn't like him before since he came off as selfish prick. Still, he didn't join the Axis Powers, but just wanted to play with a better group of guys on a different basketball team. So yes I hope he wins it and drives his haters to tears.

Nobody is debating the fact that he had the freedom to sign with Miami, but come on, he knows how much he means to that city and it is basically his hometown, and to lead them on and humiliate them on TV was pretty lame.

It was just unnecessary, that is all.

Was it necessary? No, I agree. Did he trash talk the city and the owner though? No he did not. So I think those people who are trash talking him and acting like he owed anything to Cleveland come off as far more childish.
I used to not like him, but now I'm on the fence. Ever since Dan Gilbert's classless comments and cleveland fans showing how pathetic they are, I've been pulling for him to get a ring just to shove it in their faces.

lmao@dude pissing off a bunch of people and on national tv, and then needing a ring to shove it in the faces of the people he made the first move on in the first place.

What does it matter if he did it on TV? He doesn't belong to them, and if he wanted to do that, it was his own right to. It's not his problem that people got butt hurt over it. Dan Gilbert came off as far more classless with his idiotic comments. That said, I'm not saying James is a saint either, because like I wrote, I didn't like him before since he came off as selfish prick. Still, he didn't join the Axis Powers, but just wanted to play with a better group of guys on a different basketball team. So yes I hope he wins it and drives his haters to tears.

Nobody is debating the fact that he had the freedom to sign with Miami, but come on, he knows how much he means to that city and it is basically his hometown, and to lead them on and humiliate them on TV was pretty lame.

Was it necessary? No, I agree. Did he trash talk the city and the owner though? No he did not. So I think those people who are trash talking him and acting like he owed anything to Cleveland come off as far more childish.

Yup. Just looking for reasons to hate. Probably because he didn't choose their team.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Lebron James and Wade completely took over in the last few minutes. A 3 (lebron), then a 4pt. play (wade), then a 3 (lebron), and then a long jumper from the top of the key (lebron).

Rose shouldn't have missed that FT - but outside of that...there wasn't much Bulls did wrong. That was some tremendous shot-making and defense and sometimes you just gotta tip your hat to that. That was simply amazing.

I personally didn't care too much about the whole thing, I can see why the fans were pissed, the way the owner acted was ridiculous though.
Originally posted by modninerfan:

LOL. We know who the real MVP is.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Yup. Just looking for reasons to hate. Probably because he didn't choose their team.

LOL Like I was really stupid enough to believe that Lebron was going to sign with the Kings. RIIIIIIIGHT.

I personally didn't care too much about the whole thing, I can see why the fans were pissed, the way the owner acted was ridiculous though.

You might disagree with yourself if you knew what Dan Gilbert had to put up with during Bron's tenure there in Cleveland. He brought his entourage everywhere the team went and pretty much they all got whatever they wanted. Then he is going to s**t on their fan base on national tv and he didn't even give them a courtesy call that he wasnt going to sign with them?

Frankly I was glad Dan Gilbert was pissed and stuck up for his fan base. The guy took a lot of flack and it was bad PR, but who cares? He showed a back bone and anyone who just expects the team and the fans to take it and not be pissed about it I just dont understand the way their mind works. I probably would've done the same thing. LeBron acted like a dick and he got what he deserved. I'm really not sure why anyone had a problem with what Gilbert said. Atleast he had the balls to say what his team's fans were feeling and wanted him to say, fine from David Stern or no fine and bad PR from ESPN or no bad PR. As a fan I would be more likely to buy tickets from an owner like that. Atleast you would feel like they had your back.
Originally posted by modninerfan:

LOL. We know who the real MVP is.

Yes, Rose is actually not that valuable to his team anymore because of one series where he had a minimal amount of help vs 3 superstars. That really makes sense. It doesnt matter that the bulls are a 35-40 win team without him.

Seriously, LeBron is not the most valuable player. He might be better than Rose but if Rose was off the Bulls they would be a 8 seed or a lottery team most likely. If Bron is off the Heat, who gives a s**t? Mike Miller is an adequite replacement when you have Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. Do they go to the finals? Probably not. But they still probably hit 50 wins and go deep in the playoffs.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Ever since the "decision" and what he said about Cleveland I can't stand him and his enormous ego. I think I will be sick if the Mavericks don't beat the Heat, GO MAVS!!!!!!
Originally posted by BobS:
Ever since the "decision" and what he said about Cleveland I can't stand him and his enormous ego. I think I will be sick if the Mavericks don't beat the Heat, GO MAVS!!!!!!

The decision was for charity. What did he say about Cleveland?
Scottie Pippen commented on Mike and Mike this morning..

"Michael Jordan may have been the greatest scorer to ever play this game, but Lebron James is the greatest player to ever play this game. Because he gets everyone involved. You have to be on your P's and Q's because everyone on the floor is a threat to score with the ball in his hands. He dominates games from both ends of the floor. Because of the way he plays defense and dominates, he is the complete package."

Originally posted by BobS:

The decision was for charity. What did he say about Cleveland?

There are about 1000 different ways to give to a charity, and making a mockery out of thousands of people is not the way.
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Scottie Pippen commented on Mike and Mike this morning..

"Michael Jordan may have been the greatest scorer to ever play this game, but Lebron James is the greatest player to ever play this game. Because he gets everyone involved. You have to be on your P's and Q's because everyone on the floor is a threat to score with the ball in his hands. He dominates games from both ends of the floor. Because of the way he plays defense and dominates, he is the complete package."

Not surprised. Pippen has always been jealous of Michael. He had two chances to win without him and he didn't. Chicago should ban him from the city for saying this.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Lebron swatted the
MVP attempt for a tie like I would swat a girl playing me one on
One.

is that the only way you can claim you're good in a game of hoops

Lol

Do u really need a reason to respect Lebron or are you just a blind hater?

his game has nothing to do with my dislike of the dude. his self loathing nasty arrogance is what rubs me the wrong way. plus he's on the opposing team. nothing to like about him.

Stop caring about personalities of people you will never know on a personal level. Just watch the game

Interesting. Do you feel the same way about Kobe?

-9fA