There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Los Angeles Lakers Offseason Thread

Originally posted by AmpLee:
So, Lakers fans... Who would you rather get in the offseason if we have to give up one of our bigs to do so, Chris Paul or Dwight Howard?

id rather have paul

howard is the better player but our perimeter D sucks and is the reason why we lost paul is a great PG he isnt the best shooter however is maybe the best passer in the nba and one of the best if not the best defensive PG in the nba
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
So, Lakers fans... Who would you rather get in the offseason if we have to give up one of our bigs to do so, Chris Paul or Dwight Howard?

id rather have paul

howard is the better player but our perimeter D sucks and is the reason why we lost paul is a great PG he isnt the best shooter however is maybe the best passer in the nba and one of the best if not the best defensive PG in the nba

I'd rather have Paul too, especially if we would be able to keep Bynum.

id rather have paul

I'd rather have Paul too, especially if we would be able to keep Bynum.

Chris Paul creating open looks for Kobe and Bynum would be unbelievable.
i'd rather make a play for Deron Williams!
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:

I think it may also depend on who's your coach.

id rather have paul williams is more of a shooter whereas paul is more of a playmaker he will give kobe open looks and make plays for bynum
Originally posted by Joecool:

I think it may also depend on who's your coach.

Bring in Shaw and let him other play besides the triangle.
he can switch style of offense ran and Deron would be a better fit than Paul, in that aspect.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Adelman?

according to espn a strong interest.
[ Edited by Negrodamus on May 12, 2011 at 5:54 PM ]

id rather have paul williams is more of a shooter whereas paul is more of a playmaker he will give kobe open looks and make plays for bynum

Willaims is a shooter and a playmaker. Everyone know we coils use a shooter especially at PG.
  • titan
  • Veteran
I would take either PG with no complains. If I had to pick between a PG or a PF/C, I would pick Dwight! maybe they wont get traded and we can make a run for them on next years free agency.
100% Awesome!
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Adelman?

according to espn a strong interest.

Kreidler, a well respected journalist brought up the fact that the city of LA isn't Adelman's type of thing. Hell, he rarely spoke to the Maloofs if at all.
So long Phil.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/110513&sportCat=nba
Phil Jackson is the Gold digger and Kobe ran out of gold.

Quote:
And then he started talking about Kobe. Other than Jackson's health, the biggest reason he nearly retired last June was because he didn't want to be coaching Kobe Bryant when he stopped being Kobe Bryant. If you remember, Kobe struggled in Round 1 of the 2010 playoffs, rallied in the next two rounds, then gave the Lakers just enough to survive a seven-game war against Boston. Looking ahead while factoring in everything he had just witnessed, measuring the lessons of history, counting Kobe's NBA miles … the coach couldn't tell for sure. Either Kobe had one elite season left in him, or he didn't. Jackson's instincts were telling him no. His heart was telling him yes. Once his players started pressuring him to return, then the fans, then his girlfriend, he caved and came back. One more year.
I love Simmons, but I always crack up when he tries to speak for people like that.
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com