There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Los Angeles Lakers Offseason Thread

Originally posted by susweel:
Okay sorry Negro, excuse my ignorance on how to properly address "little people".

you fcuking smart ass
Originally posted by Jigga:
I love the fact that Laker fans are actually doing "damage control" for once...I've been doing that sh** for 30+ years. Stings a lil, yes?

Its all good, you have to accept the loses to truly enjoy victories.
I love the fact that Laker fans are actually doing "damage control" for once...I've been doing that sh** for 30+ years. Stings a lil, yes?

Pfft...Easy for YOU to say
I would have no problem with Bynum if he went after Chandler or any other big guy. I probably wouldnt have a problem with him going after Barea in game 1,2, 3 or first half of game 4. But everything combined: waiting until youre down 30 and the game is over, going after the smallest guy in the gym, and hitting him on the same spot you hit Gerald Wallace and collapsed his lung adds up to it being a very dirty play. It wasn't a physical play aimed at sending a message, it was a cowardly move out of frustration.

The Mchale foul in my opinion isnt the same thing for all the reason i mention.

I've been a laker fan since 5 years old so this isnt a hater piling on.

what team you like ?
Originally posted by Arminini:
I would have no problem with Bynum if he went after Chandler or any other big guy. I probably wouldnt have a problem with him going after Barea in game 1,2, 3 or first half of game 4. But everything combined: waiting until youre down 30 and the game is over, going after the smallest guy in the gym, and hitting him on the same spot you hit Gerald Wallace and collapsed his lung adds up to it being a very dirty play. It wasn't a physical play aimed at sending a message, it was a cowardly move out of frustration.

I don't see what the score of the game has to do with judging how dirty a play was. McHale clotheslining Rambis when he had just jumped was no less dirty or dangerous because the score was close.

And as a little guy myself, y'all are playing up the "poor little guy in the paint" angle waaaaay too much. He's small...so what? What does that have to do with anything here?

The Bad Boys Pistons and Riley's Knicks did this type of thing every other game....ESPECIALLY when a little guy had the nerve to drive into the paint. But now in 2011 we have people comparing it to drowning kittens.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on May 10, 2011 at 16:28:47 ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I don't see what the score of the game has to do with judging how dirty a play was. McHale clotheslining Rambis when he had just jumped was no less dirty or dangerous because the score was close.

And as a little guy myself, y'all are playing up the "poor little guy in the paint" angle waaaaay too much. He's small...so what? What does that have to do with anything here?

The Bad Boys Pistons and Riley's Knicks did this type of thing every other game....ESPECIALLY when a little guy had the nerve to drive into the paint. But now in 2011 we have people comparing it to drowning kittens.

The league will suspend him. So that's the bottom line. The unbiased opinion will hold him accountable.

what team you like ?

Dubs fan
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

The league will suspend him. So that's the bottom line. The unbiased opinion will hold him accountable.

So does that mean you disagree with your previous statement that he should be suspended for twice as long? Hmmmm, your making things easy around here.

Physics, dude.
Bynum was prolly jealous of JJ Barea

dudes dating Miss Universe

what team you like ?

Dubs fan

Living in Norcal I also support the Dubs and kings except when they play the Lakers.

I think Armini meant the Bynum hit was not meant to send a message. It was just a cheap shot out of frustration. If it was a close game, or in the first couple of games of the series, it might have been used to send a message. In this case, he was just pissed and took that cheap shot. Back in the day, a lot of guys purposely gave hard fouls to send a message.

I also agree that a lot of players (especially KG) go after non-threatening or smaller guys. I don't think Bynum would have done that to Haywood.

But, these kind of plays are blown WAY out of proportion nowadays. He should be kicked out of that game fined a little bit and that's it. No five game suspension needed.
nvm

[ Edited by Negrodamus on May 10, 2011 at 17:40:10 ]
Originally posted by sacniner:

I think Armini meant the Bynum hit was not meant to send a message. It was just a cheap shot out of frustration. If it was a close game, or in the first couple of games of the series, it might have been used to send a message. In this case, he was just pissed and took that cheap shot. Back in the day, a lot of guys purposely gave hard fouls to send a message.

I also agree that a lot of players (especially KG) go after non-threatening or smaller guys. I don't think Bynum would have done that to Haywood.

But, these kind of plays are blown WAY out of proportion nowadays. He should be kicked out of that game fined a little bit and that's it. No five game suspension needed.

repeat offenders deserve added penalty

[ Edited by Negrodamus on May 10, 2011 at 17:41:42 ]
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com