There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Los Angeles Lakers Offseason Thread

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I kinda wonder if this is 12321.

Hmm. Ridiculously long posts that go on and on about how absolutely correct and knowledgable he is on everything being discussed?

Yeah, I don't see it.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Shannon Brown Opts out of Contract, Will Still Consider Lakers

According to a Tweet that appeared in the feed of Los Angeles Times reporter Brad Turner, Lakers' backup guard Shannon Brown will exercise his player option and opt out of his contract with the Lakers, making him an unrestricted free agent this summer.

Brown signed a two year contract with the Lakers last summer, with the second year being a player option for Brown. Brown, who started off the 2010-11 season well, struggled in the second half of the season and was a member of the Lakers' bench that was heavily outplayed by the Dallas Mavericks in the second round of the Western Conference playoffs.

Although no possible destinations have been linked to Brown, he is reportedly still considering a return to the Lakers, with whom he has won two NBA championships with in two and a half seasons with the franchise.

Brown averaged just over eight points per game with the Lakers in 2010-11, while playing in all 82 regular season and all 10 postseason games.

Link
Originally posted by VDSF:

According to a Tweet that appeared in the feed of Los Angeles Times reporter Brad Turner, Lakers' backup guard Shannon Brown will exercise his player option and opt out of his contract with the Lakers, making him an unrestricted free agent this summer.

Brown signed a two year contract with the Lakers last summer, with the second year being a player option for Brown. Brown, who started off the 2010-11 season well, struggled in the second half of the season and was a member of the Lakers' bench that was heavily outplayed by the Dallas Mavericks in the second round of the Western Conference playoffs.

Although no possible destinations have been linked to Brown, he is reportedly still considering a return to the Lakers, with whom he has won two NBA championships with in two and a half seasons with the franchise.

Brown averaged just over eight points per game with the Lakers in 2010-11, while playing in all 82 regular season and all 10 postseason games.

Link

GL to you Ariza, I mean Brown.

Link

good go and chuck up a bunch of s**tty jumpshots somewhere else. Outside of a highlight dunk I found him pretty useless shooting the ball.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

Link

GL to you Ariza, I mean Brown.

Shannon wishes he was half the player Ariza is/was for us.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Kobe undergoes extreme knee makeover

Lakers guard Kobe Bryant has taken an unusual step to try to strengthen his ailing right knee, undergoing an innovative procedure in Germany about a month ago, according to four people familiar with the situation who were not authorized to speak publicly.

The treatment is called platelet-rich plasma therapy. PRP procedures are less invasive than many surgeries involving the knee and are generally reviewed as either an emerging solution to knee problems or a financial gamble on unproven science.

Bryant, who turns 33 next month, has been bothered in recent seasons by an arthritic joint in his right knee. He has undergone three other knee procedures since 2003, including surgery last July to remove unspecified loose bodies.

He sat out an overwhelming majority of the Lakers' practices this past season and saw his scoring, shooting percentage and minutes decrease in his 15th NBA season. He has three years and $83.5 million left on his contract with the Lakers.

Bryant declined through a representative to comment for this story, but after the Lakers were eliminated by Dallas in the playoffs, he spoke of the need to "train and get strong" during the off-season.

Link
[ Edited by VDSF on Jul 1, 2011 at 11:38 AM ]
you guys are on the downfall, I would be suprised if LA even makes the playoffs next year
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
you guys are on the downfall, I would be suprised if LA even makes the playoffs next year

As soon as you say that, Stern finds a way to put D12 and/or CP3 in Laker uniforms. Book it!

You can't be serious. The team that was favored to win it all when the playoffs started, the #1 seed in the West won't make the playoffs next year? Even with no changes Kobe, Pau, Bynum, Odom = playoffs.

And you think the Kings will make the playoffs in the 7-8 spot?

Pass that ish bro.
[ Edited by 9erReign on Jul 1, 2011 at 12:03 PM ]

As in "surprised enough to put money on it"? If so, there are a number of people here that would take that bet....assuming we have an NBA season, of course.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

You can't be serious. The team that was favored to win it all when the playoffs started, the #1 seed in the West won't make the playoffs next year? Even with no changes Kobe, Pau, Bynum, Odom = playoffs.

Pass that ish bro.

did you watch the playoffs? b/c your team got demolished.

Bynum acts ike a child, Pau faded away in the mist, and Kobe is getting up there. Fisher has lost a step or 4. Mike Brown is an awful coach. Your bench is mediocre at best.

Pass that ish bro.

Bynum acts ike a child, Pau faded away in the mist, and Kobe is getting up there. Fisher has lost a step or 4. Mike Brown is an awful coach. Your bench is mediocre at best.

I hate the lakers a lot but you are crazy if you think the Lakers wont make the playoffs next year, now dont post crap like this again cuz i dont want to defend the Lakers

Pass that ish bro.

Ya, Reign. Your team got rolled!

And LOL at the Lakers not even making the playoffs, but the Kings getting there instead. I'll bet you $1,000 that the Lakers make the playoffs next season. Put your money where your mouth is.

BTW, I know it's hard to keep track since the wheels came off the bandwagon in '02 and only 3 people post in your thread, but Reign is a Kings fan like you are and HATES the Lakers. But he's also with us here on planet earth.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame

Pass that ish bro.

LOL, Reign is a Kings fan. Hop on the FAIL train, son.
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com