• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
what happened?

I cant believe the Lakers lost that bad

if I have to point fingers, there (their?) at Pau Gasol

0/2

they're
Jordan never rode the coattails of one of the most dominant centers ever. Hell, he never rode anybodies coattails. Kobe rode Shaqs coattails for over half of the championships he's had. The only reason LA got rid of Shaq is because of age, if he was still in his prime at the time the whole feud went down LA would have given Kobe the boot. They went with longevity and it paid off after a few years. Jordan had a good supporting cast especially in Pippen but Kobe has/had Gasol, Odom, Fisher, Horry, Artest, Bynum and the aforementioned SHAQ, and others im sure im leaving out. Jordan never had that type of talent.

Jordan was a better shooter, defender, rebounder, better assist numbers, and a better teammate. When Jordan got on his teammates at times it may have seemed harsh but his teammates elevated their game with his criticism. When kobe does it it just comes off as bratty and his teammates never look like they respond.

Not to mention who knows how many more rings Jordan could've had if he hadn't gotten "bored". the years he was gone were all years the bulls could have easily have won the championship. And Jordans numbers could have been even greater than they are (2 retirements, and actually went to college)
Jordan is Jordan and Kobe is Kobe.

Let it go people, comparing players is an exercise in stupidity.
Mavs!! I told people about barea on this board and they didnt believe me. I mentioned how good tyson chandler is defending the paint, and they werent hearing it, I said the mavs were a good team, and got blasted for it, so excuse me for overcelebrating a bit, but i deserve it, its been me vs all you laker fans for the most part, and finally, i got something to brag about
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I hate both of these teams, and I'm not even a big basketball fan. But I'm surprised the Mavs swept LA. Even the Mavs fans are shocked. (I live in Dallas -- though I'm originally from San Fran).

Lakers embarrassed themselves.

Yeah they did. A team that good shouldn't get shut out 0 - 4 in the 2nd round...
Originally posted by susweel:
Jordan is Jordan and Kobe is Kobe.

Let it go people, comparing players is an exercise in stupidity.

I usually don't like Michael Wilbon but I did like how he said that Jordan had Kerr, Paxton and others to hit big shots to end games when he was doubled. He said Jordan was smart enough to find the right teammate to take a shot when he was reading the defense (and was smart not to pass it to Pippen) but Kobe loves taking the last shot, and while I think Horrey got his fair share, there hasn't been a person in the position recently.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
what happened?

I cant believe the Lakers lost that bad

if I have to point fingers, there (their?) at Pau Gasol

All I know is the Mavs were shooting 73% from 3 point range after the first half. And the Lakers d was allowing dudes to get wiiiiiiiide open shots.
you would think SOMEONE would put a hand in Terrys face
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

Nah defense requires effort...
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

They were to busy using those hands by counting the number of 3's that were gettin' bombed on them
http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23lakerslockerroomplaylist
Originally posted by global_nomad:
http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23lakerslockerroomplaylist

i don't have a account and since people are posting songs to the laker loss here are few of mine

Gangstarr - Moment of Truth
Ghetto Boyz - 6 ft deep
Gravediggaz - 1800- suicide
Scarface - Never Seen A Man Cry, Hand Of The Dead Body, Smile
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
lakers in 7.. book it

pwhahahah.. maybe not
I'm going to Vegas next weekend, Should I bet the Mavs win it all?

I do think Dallas is going to win it all. Boston is too old, Miami has issues, and Chicago is struggling to get by Atlanta. Bet on the Mavs. You wont be sorry.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I'm going to Vegas next weekend, Should I bet the Mavs win it all?

I do think Dallas is going to win it all. Boston is too old, Miami has issues, and Chicago is struggling to get by Atlanta. Bet on the Mavs. You wont be sorry.

They are one of the most talented teams we have seen in a while. I know most of the vets aren't in their primes, but damn near every rotation player for them has been a starter at 1 point in their career. Peja, Terry, Haywood all come off their bench and started for other teams. Kidd and Marion and Peja and Chandler were all stars. Dirk is obviously the #1 guy.
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com