There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

CL - Barcelona vs. Real Madrid (2nd leg Live right now)

Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by NickV:
Draw was a fair result. Villa cant buy a goal if he wanted to right now lol

Pepe man of the match. Dude was everywhere Whether it was attacking or defending he was in the mix for it all.

I don't know if it was a fair result, but I'm happy with a draw. Personally, Barca should have been awarded another penalty...but whatever, we got out of Madrid with a draw and our lead intact. Unless something crazy happens, I believe we've locked up the La Liga.

The very first one when Cassilas took out Villa yeah. I dont think the ref had a good angle to award it.

Even though Barca had like 75% possession it was alot of passes back and forth at the center of the field. Alot of side to side and backwards play and only had 4 clear attacking chances.

This game could have easily gone in favor of Madrid. I think Mou learned his lesson and is going to use a more creative midfield but still have "workers" to support the back four.

If Madrid can avoid another red, lol, I think this lineup give them the best and most competitive chance to win. With the same counter-attacking mentality as yesterday. Working, yet creative.

Casillas

Ramos - Carvalho - Arbeloa - Marcelo
Lass - Pepe
Ozil - Kaka - Ronaldo
Benzema

Definitely agree it worked, but it seemed to work even better when Madrid only had 10 players, lol!!!!!!!

If Puyol doesn't make it back by Wednesday, I'd be very nervous about the backline holding up for Barça...looks like these next 3 El Classicos will be exciting
  • NickV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,558
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by NickV:
Draw was a fair result. Villa cant buy a goal if he wanted to right now lol

Pepe man of the match. Dude was everywhere Whether it was attacking or defending he was in the mix for it all.

I don't know if it was a fair result, but I'm happy with a draw. Personally, Barca should have been awarded another penalty...but whatever, we got out of Madrid with a draw and our lead intact. Unless something crazy happens, I believe we've locked up the La Liga.

The very first one when Cassilas took out Villa yeah. I dont think the ref had a good angle to award it.

Even though Barca had like 75% possession it was alot of passes back and forth at the center of the field. Alot of side to side and backwards play and only had 4 clear attacking chances.

This game could have easily gone in favor of Madrid. I think Mou learned his lesson and is going to use a more creative midfield but still have "workers" to support the back four.

If Madrid can avoid another red, lol, I think this lineup give them the best and most competitive chance to win. With the same counter-attacking mentality as yesterday. Working, yet creative.

Casillas

Ramos - Carvalho - Arbeloa - Marcelo
Lass - Pepe
Ozil - Kaka - Ronaldo
Benzema

Definitely agree it worked, but it seemed to work even better when Madrid only had 10 players, lol!!!!!!!

If Puyol doesn't make it back by Wednesday, I'd be very nervous about the backline holding up for Barça...looks like these next 3 El Classicos will be exciting

lol I know!

I think the "f*ck it" switch went on as Albiol got the red. They obviously were pissed and threw caution to the wind and attacked. Cant wait for the next 3 games.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,258
2nd El Classico today....on ESPN 3!!!!!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,258
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by NickV:
Draw was a fair result. Villa cant buy a goal if he wanted to right now lol

Pepe man of the match. Dude was everywhere Whether it was attacking or defending he was in the mix for it all.

I don't know if it was a fair result, but I'm happy with a draw. Personally, Barca should have been awarded another penalty...but whatever, we got out of Madrid with a draw and our lead intact. Unless something crazy happens, I believe we've locked up the La Liga.

The very first one when Cassilas took out Villa yeah. I dont think the ref had a good angle to award it.

Even though Barca had like 75% possession it was alot of passes back and forth at the center of the field. Alot of side to side and backwards play and only had 4 clear attacking chances.

This game could have easily gone in favor of Madrid. I think Mou learned his lesson and is going to use a more creative midfield but still have "workers" to support the back four.

If Madrid can avoid another red, lol, I think this lineup give them the best and most competitive chance to win. With the same counter-attacking mentality as yesterday. Working, yet creative.

Casillas

Ramos - Carvalho - Arbeloa - Marcelo
Lass - Pepe
Ozil - Kaka - Ronaldo
Benzema

Definitely agree it worked, but it seemed to work even better when Madrid only had 10 players, lol!!!!!!!

If Puyol doesn't make it back by Wednesday, I'd be very nervous about the backline holding up for Barça...looks like these next 3 El Classicos will be exciting

Barca played more defensive at Real, and will be attacking more this time around, and also Real didn't attack much - so Barca was contend with just possession.

Puyol should be back. Personally, I think Real is scared of over-attacking Barca, so I'm not that worried if Puyol is back or not. I'm more concerned about Villa missing all these opportunities.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
2nd El Classico today....on ESPN 3!!!!!

f**k! at what time?
  • NickV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,558
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
2nd El Classico today....on ESPN 3!!!!!

Good means I can watch it on demand later tonight.

Benfica is playing Porto today in the semi-final second leg for the Taca de Portugal. Essentially the same trophy as the Copa Del Rey in Spain.
Lets go Barcaaaaa
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,258
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
2nd El Classico today....on ESPN 3!!!!!

Good means I can watch it on demand later tonight.

Benfica is playing Porto today in the semi-final second leg for the Taca de Portugal. Essentially the same trophy as the Copa Del Rey in Spain.

That's a damn good game too! Not sure who to support, as I like 'em both.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,258
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
2nd El Classico today....on ESPN 3!!!!!

f**k! at what time?

12:30 pacific
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,258
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Lets go Barcaaaaa

Barca has to win this final. It's personal...it's Catalonia vs. Spain!!!!! GO BARCA!!!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,258
Real played hell of a 1st half. Hopefully, Barca will show up for the 2nd half.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Real played hell of a 1st half. Hopefully, Barca will show up for the 2nd half.

MVP of 1st half: Barça's right goal post, lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,258
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Real played hell of a 1st half. Hopefully, Barca will show up for the 2nd half.

MVP of 1st half: Barça's right goal post, lol

Barca is playing Barca style now...f**kin' 50-50 off-side call. Barca is dominating now.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,258
What a great second half...OVER-TIME
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,258
OMFG...Real scores...15 minutes left