There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

CL - Barcelona vs. Real Madrid (2nd leg Live right now)

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Barcelona and Real Madrid are to meet 4 times within a few weeks...and it will be amazing to watch two of the best teams go at it over and over again. The top two players in the World, Ronaldo and Messi will be going up against each other as well...always a treat to watch.

ESPN 3 will show The Classico and it's too bad it's on the same day as the first day of NBA playoffs, but if you get a chance - do watch this 90 minute clash. Best thing is, if you miss this one - there will be 3 more in the coming weeks. The 2nd one is just this coming Wednesday. I believe today's game is at 1 PM Pacific.

Barcelona has won 5 straight and are coming off an 5-0 win in the last match at home.

Can't wait...so many games today!!!
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on May 3, 2011 at 12:25 PM ]
I hope Real shows up for this today. Let's go Madrid!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:

I'm a huge Barca fan, and I know a different Madrid team will show up today. They are playing better, and are playing at home. They need this game more than Barcelona, though if Barca wins today - they will practically win the league title with several weeks left in the season.

My prediction is 2-2 tie, but Real winning this game won't surprise me one bit. As for the Champions League clash...that story will be quite different, IMO.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by socalfan21:

I'm a huge Barca fan, and I know a different Madrid team will show up today. They are playing better, and are playing at home. They need this game more than Barcelona, though if Barca wins today - they will practically win the league title with several weeks left in the season.

My prediction is 2-2 tie, but Real winning this game won't surprise me one bit. As for the Champions League clash...that story will be quite different, IMO.

I personally want another 5-0 win for Barça, but with Puyol and Abidal out, a Macherano and Pique backfield will be very prone to crosses and quick attacks. See a 2-1 win for Real, but if Barça wins today I can't fathom any wins by Real for either Copa del Rey or Champs League

VIVA BARÇA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[ Edited by Crazy49er1313 on Apr 16, 2011 at 12:33 PM ]
what time?

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
what time?

-9fA

RIGHT NOW

if you have xbox ESPN3 is got a nice stream
[ Edited by vrabbit on Apr 16, 2011 at 1:47 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
All I gotta say is, Barcelona is so much fun to watch.

Link to the game
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4ML
  • Veteran
YEAHHHH BABY
Although they tied, Barça clearly lost this match...how do you allow THAT much pressure from a team with only ten men? Hopefully Puyol heals up fast to be out there by Wednesday
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Barca should have scored a 2nd...Villa misses so many chances.

Can't wait for the Final on Wednesday.
soccer sucks!
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Draw was a fair result. Villa cant buy a goal if he wanted to right now lol

Pepe man of the match. Dude was everywhere Whether it was attacking or defending he was in the mix for it all.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickV:

Pepe man of the match. Dude was everywhere Whether it was attacking or defending he was in the mix for it all.

I don't know if it was a fair result, but I'm happy with a draw. Personally, Barca should have been awarded another penalty...but whatever, we got out of Madrid with a draw and our lead intact. Unless something crazy happens, I believe we've locked up the La Liga.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by NickV:

I don't know if it was a fair result, but I'm happy with a draw. Personally, Barca should have been awarded another penalty...but whatever, we got out of Madrid with a draw and our lead intact. Unless something crazy happens, I believe we've locked up the La Liga.

The very first one when Cassilas took out Villa yeah. I dont think the ref had a good angle to award it.

Even though Barca had like 75% possession it was alot of passes back and forth at the center of the field. Alot of side to side and backwards play and only had 4 clear attacking chances.

This game could have easily gone in favor of Madrid. I think Mou learned his lesson and is going to use a more creative midfield but still have "workers" to support the back four.

If Madrid can avoid another red, lol, I think this lineup give them the best and most competitive chance to win. With the same counter-attacking mentality as yesterday. Working, yet creative.

Casillas

Ramos - Carvalho - Arbeloa - Marcelo
Lass - Pepe
Ozil - Kaka - Ronaldo
Benzema
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home