Why are you linking me to game 1? Lol

because they CAN see you

yeah, they'll be able to see us from home when we eliminate them in 5
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Billups likely out for game 2
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Overreact much TNT? "Could there be a changing of the guard this season with the Spurs and Lakers losing game 1?"

I don't think its much of a over-reaction in case of Spurs. Memphis is not a very good match-up for the Spurs...I'm still confident in my pick that Spurs will win in 6, but it won't shock me if Memphis does win. Charles even predicted Memphis will be tough to handle.

Lakers are just playing bad, and have been for a while now. They are fortunate they are up against Hornets. They will still pull it out relatively easy, but Spurs will have a much tougher time IMO.

What's worse is that Memphis is like a mini Lakers front court. I don't think the matchups are that difficult for SA. Manu is the guys who moves things on that team when points and momentum is needed. They had a difficult time all year whenever Manu is not in the game. They also didn't shoot well or did not shoot at all (some credit to Memphis game plan).

However, if Manu doesn't come back soon, it will be a very tough series. If he comes back for game 2, then I can see SA dominating.

Also don't know why Pop didn't throw in Splitter/Duncan combo. Blaire is good for them but he and McDyss got worked by Randolph. I think they should put Duncan on Randolph and McDyss/Splitter combo on Gasol with Blaire coming in when either of those two rest.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Overreact much TNT? "Could there be a changing of the guard this season with the Spurs and Lakers losing game 1?"

I don't think its much of a over-reaction in case of Spurs. Memphis is not a very good match-up for the Spurs...I'm still confident in my pick that Spurs will win in 6, but it won't shock me if Memphis does win. Charles even predicted Memphis will be tough to handle.

Lakers are just playing bad, and have been for a while now. They are fortunate they are up against Hornets. They will still pull it out relatively easy, but Spurs will have a much tougher time IMO.

What's worse is that Memphis is like a mini Lakers front court. I don't think the matchups are that difficult for SA. Manu is the guys who moves things on that team when points and momentum is needed. They had a difficult time all year whenever Manu is not in the game. They also didn't shoot well or did not shoot at all (some credit to Memphis game plan).

However, if Manu doesn't come back soon, it will be a very tough series. If he comes back for game 2, then I can see SA dominating.

Also don't know why Pop didn't throw in Splitter/Duncan combo. Blaire is good for them but he and McDyss got worked by Randolph. I think they should put Duncan on Randolph and McDyss/Splitter combo on Gasol with Blaire coming in when either of those two rest.

Yes, but you also have to remember that their best player, Rudy Gay, didn't play.
D12 gets his 3rd straight DPOY
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

First player in NBA history to do so.
Originally posted by jrg:

That picture's pure awesome

• Dino
  • Veteran

Is KG still the 2nd best defender in the league??
Originally posted by Jigga:

After Howard, the rest of that list is a perfect example of why sportswriters have no business voting for these awards. (and I still think KG's a helluva defender)
Hope Grey's injury won't cause him to miss games. If it does, then the Lakers playoff road just got much easier.
Originally posted by Jigga:

tyson chandler
Share 49ersWebzone