There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is it okay to be a fan of 2 teams from different sides of the Bay?

Is it okay to be a fan of 2 teams from different sides of the Bay?

same sport? NO
49ers and A's fan.

The entire household were 49er fans. I grew up going to A's games therefore was an A's fan.
I'm a 49ers/A's fan. There are a TON of us in the East Bay. Keep in mind our generation (people born in the 80s) grew up with the 49ers being the only team in the Bay since the Raiders were in LA. Thus, we grew up cheering for our two closest teams.
Hell no.
i don't even really hate the raiders. i just hate hearing from the fans that can even tell me the starting QB's name.

and i have little interest in the NBA. and in HS i saw all the kings bandwagon jumpers and started rooting for the lakers because of it. though am not attached to them like the niners. and if i start following it will probably become a warriors fan, i still hate the kings(then they are moving)
KINGS > WARRIORS


Originally posted by modninerfan:
Grew up in East Bay (Hayward) before moving to the Central Valley. I was an A's fan when I was little but I didnt really care about Baseball then. I was also a Bulls fan because of Jordan but when I moved that all changed. Around 2000-2001 I moved out of the bay area and I started to really follow sports. I then became an avid Kings fan and supported the Giants, I have no animosity towards the A's though.

My teams are the 49ers, Kings, Giants and Fresno State Bulldogs.


nice
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
KINGS > WARRIORS



ROYALS>WARRIORS

fixed
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
KINGS > WARRIORS



ROYALS>WARRIORS

fixed

dude, I ain't having it. I refuse to like an Anaheim team. I am breaking my own rules and will root for the Warriors then. I dont like traitors and wont root for a team that left my area.

So now I am all messed up.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
KINGS > WARRIORS



ROYALS>WARRIORS

fixed

dude, I ain't having it. I refuse to like an Anaheim team. I am breaking my own rules and will root for the Warriors then. I dont like traitors and wont root for a team that left my area.

So now I am all messed up.

You still got the River Cats.
A's/49ers fan. I don't see what the big deal is.
Alot of people I know are Niners and A's fans. That seems alot more common than Giants and Raiders fans. I think it comes about from living in the bay but not in SF or Oakland.

Yep, seems like a common thing


Originally posted by aman49:
I'm a 49ers/A's fan. There are a TON of us in the East Bay. Keep in mind our generation (people born in the 80s) grew up with the 49ers being the only team in the Bay since the Raiders were in LA. Thus, we grew up cheering for our two closest teams.
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Apr 9, 2011 at 1:35 PM ]
I saw this 4th grader at a school I teach at. He had a Raiders backpack and a 49ers shirt on. I asked him why that was, and he said he kind of liked both teams. I couldn't give him s**t because he's just a kid, but he said something about his dad kinda liking both teams
Originally posted by global_nomad:
I saw this 4th grader at a school I teach at. He had a Raiders backpack and a 49ers shirt on. I asked him why that was, and he said he kind of liked both teams. I couldn't give him s**t because he's just a kid, but he said something about his dad kinda liking both teams

that's unacceptable
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Apr 9, 2011 at 7:49 PM ]
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
I saw this 4th grader at a school I teach at. He had a Raiders backpack and a 49ers shirt on. I asked him why that was, and he said he kind of liked both teams. I couldn't give him s**t because he's just a kid, but he said something about his dad kinda liking both teams

that's unacceptable

I was trying my best to talk some sense in him.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home