LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

2011 Oakland A's Thread

It's been pretty quiet with regards to A's rumors. No moves have been thrown out there. But we do have plenty of assets that could be shipped. Starting pitchers, relief guys (sans Fuentes), even guys like Willingham, Coco, etc could be moved to contenders.
Originally posted by Jigga:
It's been pretty quiet with regards to A's rumors. No moves have been thrown out there. But we do have plenty of assets that could be shipped. Starting pitchers, relief guys (sans Fuentes), even guys like Willingham, Coco, etc could be moved to contenders.

I think we should keep Coco for a couple more years. We dont really have a good CF prospect.

We should trade a couple of pitchers for a bat or two trade away McCarthy, Ross, Moscoso, or maybe Outman and keep McCarthy.

2012 Rotation
Cahill
Gio
BA
Braden
McCarthy/Outman

We should try to make a move for Colby Rasmus I heard he and the Cards are having problems. Give 'em Balfour, Willingham, and a prospect like Michael Taylor maybe throw in Dejesus instead of Willingham.
Mark Ellis traded to the Rockies for a pitcher and PTBNL.
Originally posted by Harbaugh52:

I think we should keep Coco for a couple more years. We dont really have a good CF prospect.

We should trade a couple of pitchers for a bat or two trade away McCarthy, Ross, Moscoso, or maybe Outman and keep McCarthy.

2012 Rotation
Cahill
Gio
BA
Braden
McCarthy/Outman

We should try to make a move for Colby Rasmus I heard he and the Cards are having problems. Give 'em Balfour, Willingham, and a prospect like Michael Taylor maybe throw in Dejesus instead of Willingham.

If you ask jrg, the Cards definitely need pitching help. Especially in the bully. When Albert comes back, you'll have to shift Lance Berkman back to the OF. He's having a great season, you can't take him out of the lineup. They really like John Jay. So, yeah...Rasmus may be expendable.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Mark Ellis traded to the Rockies for a pitcher and PTBNL.

Bruce billings 25 years old releif pitcher
He's only pitched 2 innings in the majors

someone posted this on the ESPN A's board

Quote:
oaklandclubhouse on twitter said we are also sending cash to the Rockies, thinking that the player to be named later has some value

I can haz Cargon?

[ Edited by Harbaugh52 on Jun 30, 2011 at 12:04:14 ]

2012 Rotation
Cahill
Gio
BA
Braden
McCarthy/Outman

If you ask jrg, the Cards definitely need pitching help. Especially in the bully. When Albert comes back, you'll have to shift Lance Berkman back to the OF. He's having a great season, you can't take him out of the lineup. They really like John Jay. So, yeah...Rasmus may be expendable.

Yeah especially in the bullpen, the Cards have lost a lot of games because of their bullpen. And the A's have a really good bullpen and have a prospect or 2 in triple A.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
The improved play of Jon Jay and Allen Craig makes Colby Rasmus more expendable for the Cardinals, and while I agree you guys have a solid bullpen and guys like Balfour would help...I think the Cardinals may end up trading Rasmus in a package to get someone like Jose Reyes.

We've already been rumored to be in talks with the Padres to get Heath Bell which would allow Salas to be that solid 8th inning guy again. Ryan Franklin and Miguel Batista blew A LOT of games and the Cardinals cut both of them as well. Franklin, Batista, and Tallet have been the thorns in our side so to say. Obviously all these deals I mention may not happen..just going off what I'm reading. But looking at the Cardinals bullpen now that Franklin and Batista are gone I feel a little more comfortable going forward.

Eduardo Sanchez: 2-1 1.88 ERA 33K 5 saves
Fernando Salas: 4-2 2.75 ERA 36K 12 saves
Jason Motte: 3-1 2.81 ERA 30K
Mitchell Boggs: 0-2 2.83 ERA 28K 3 saves
Lance Lynn: 1-1 3.52 ERA 15K
Trever Miller: 0-1 3.86 ERA 7K
Raul Valdes: 0-0 0.00 ERA 0K (just called up)
Brian Tallet: 0-1 7.30 ERA 7 K (needs to be cut next)

That's what it looks like now...we just got rid of this

Ryan Franklin: 1-4 8.46 ERA 17K 4BS in 5 opportunities
Migues Batista: 3-2 4.89 ERA 16K 1BS in 1 opportunities

If we're able to fill in Heath Bell for Brian Tallet's roster spot...I think we'll be alright.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Although Michael Taylor is a descent prospect.

[ Edited by jrg on Jun 30, 2011 at 12:24:40 ]
We are going to lose 2 of 3 to the marlins... When they have 4 wins this month... Pathetic
Originally posted by jrg:
The improved play of Jon Jay and Allen Craig makes Colby Rasmus more expendable for the Cardinals, and while I agree you guys have a solid bullpen and guys like Balfour would help...I think the Cardinals may end up trading Rasmus in a package to get someone like Jose Reyes.

We've already been rumored to be in talks with the Padres to get Heath Bell which would allow Salas to be that solid 8th inning guy again. Ryan Franklin and Miguel Batista blew A LOT of games and the Cardinals cut both of them as well. Franklin, Batista, and Tallet have been the thorns in our side so to say. Obviously all these deals I mention may not happen..just going off what I'm reading. But looking at the Cardinals bullpen now that Franklin and Batista are gone I feel a little more comfortable going forward.

If we're able to fill in Heath Bell for Brian Tallet's roster spot...I think we'll be alright.

Damn You guys would be scary if you added Jose Reyes
Colby Rasmus is a future #3 hitter so im still hoping we can some how land him

And LOL at franklins stats

• jrg
  • Veteran

Jose Reyes would put us absolutely over the top. Especially with Wainwright trying to come back for the playoffs. Thing is, he'd be ONLY a rental..and acquiring Reyes will likely require one of our top 2 pitching prospects Miller/Martinez plus others..our primary goal is signing Pujols in the offseason. In a perfect world...from the talks I've heard...we could acquire Heath Bell and Jason Bartlett for other prospects and cash...then acquire Reyes w/ either Shelby Miller or Carlos Martinez and other prospects..probably throw in someone like Jon Jay or Allen Craig. After that...

1. Reyes SS
2. Rasmus CF
3. Pujols 1B
4. Holliday LF
5. Berkman RF
6. Freese 3B
7. Molina C
8. Theriot 2B
9. Pitcher

1. Wainwright
2. Carpenter
3. Garcia
4. Lohse
5. McLellan

Heath Bell closing

Obviously I'm likely dreaming...but that could be the team heading into the playoffs.

Jose Reyes would put us absolutely over the top. Especially with Wainwright trying to come back for the playoffs. Thing is, he'd be ONLY a rental..and acquiring Reyes will likely require one of our top 2 pitching prospects Miller/Martinez plus others..our primary goal is signing Pujols in the offseason. In a perfect world...from the talks I've heard...we could acquire Heath Bell and Jason Bartlett for other prospects and cash...then acquire Reyes w/ either Shelby Miller or Carlos Martinez and other prospects..probably throw in someone like Jon Jay or Allen Craig. After that...

1. Reyes SS
2. Rasmus CF
3. Pujols 1B
4. Holliday LF
5. Berkman RF
6. Freese 3B
7. Molina C
8. Theriot 2B
9. Pitcher

1. Wainwright
2. Carpenter
3. Garcia
4. Lohse
5. McLellan

Heath Bell closing

Obviously I'm likely dreaming...but that could be the team heading into the playoffs.

If you guys get Reyes and Bell without giving up Rasmus that would be amazing
The first 6 in that lineup would pretty much be unstoppable I don't see how you guys could lose lol

The only bad thing about Reyes is that you guys won't be able to extend his contract since you guys need to take care of Pujols
Lol 5-0 to the Marlins
Why does Cahill suck now this fool is garbage

Jrg maybe theyll trade Rasmus for Cahill straight up
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Lol 5-0 to the Marlins

haha whats the deal w/ him? started off hot as hell
Lol 5-0 to the Marlins

haha whats the deal w/ him? started off hot as hell

He started pitching great his last 2 games but hes playing like s**t again, vs the worst team in the league :|
Share 49ersWebzone