LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
The team is 10-4-1. How is he being outcoached?

Outcoached by division rival coaches I guess. Minus Whiz and the Cards of course.
Originally posted by hofer36:
but you have to believe niners dont lose in st louis with smith, right?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Alex had some of his best games vs. the Rams. We beat the Rams with him. Both times.

This is correct. In the Rams games Alex Smith probably gets us wins. He was doing well with the concussion in the first game, should have kept his mouth shut. Still think the 49ers are better in the long run with Kap, but he needs a lot more seasoning, and Smith wouldn't have made the difference against the Seahawks in Seattle.
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by ace52:
Whatever JH's flaws (real or perceived) are, no one can deny the fact that he brought this team back to relevance again after years of wandering in the NFL wastelands. I, for one, am happy that he is the coach of the 49ers, and I still believe that he will bring us #6.

+1

+ 1 more
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

Alex had some of his best games vs. the Rams. We beat the Rams with him. Both times.

This is correct. In the Rams games Alex Smith probably gets us wins. He was doing well with the concussion in the first game, should have kept his mouth shut. Still think the 49ers are better in the long run with Kap, but he needs a lot more seasoning, and Smith wouldn't have made the difference against the Seahawks in Seattle.

True. Smith doesn't make the mistakes KAep did vs. the Rams and we should win that game easily.

No QB in the league could have overcame what Peacocks did to us.

I don't think Smith wins in NE either. Some of KAep's throws were just too good to ignore there.
The O wasn't going to score high regardless, the Seahawks only allow 11.5 points at home anyway.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
This.

One bad game, where everthing that could go wrong, does. It happens. Happened the last time the NIners won the SB; got blown out by the Eagles by 32 points, at HOME! No need for Niner Nation to go nuts!

Merry Xmas !

The difference was that game being at the start of the season. By the end of the 1994 season the 49ers were destroying teams left and right.
I think that loss left us at 3-2, I can still hear Jim Rome (when he was on 690 in San Diego before he was famous and syndicated) saying we were nothing but an "average" team who was way overrated, that comment made me mad as hell, a few months later (I lived in Charger country) I had a sign on my tool box "Giving Chargers + 20." Had guys who had never bet before asking me over and over how a point spread worked, thinking I was nuts saying the 49ers were going to win by 3 touchdowns. They won 49-26, but it wasn't that close. Had a nice line at my tool box collecting money on Monday, those were the days.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

True. Smith doesn't make the mistakes KAep did vs. the Rams and we should win that game easily.

No QB in the league could have overcame what Peacocks did to us.

I don't think Smith wins in NE either. Some of KAep's throws were just too good to ignore there.

im curious which throws you are alluding to? the tds to moss and walker were not anything special in my view as both were not closely covered at all--the crabtree td down the middle was fit nicely between 2 defenders, a good throw indeed--the 2nd td pass to crabtree was low but what he did nice there was recognize the 0 cover
[ Edited by hofer36 on Dec 26, 2012 at 12:45 PM ]
What do you guys think? I think we've been holding back but I could be off base here. I think we're going to see some different things offensively and defensively like more screens and more blitzing
I don't think so, but I do think you're going to see the intensity on defense and execution on offense go way up.

This sounds a lot like what we were saying last year going into the playoffs. We wanted to think he was holding back, but we still looked Vanilla throughout the playoffs.

I honestly think we will look similar to what we showed today. Lots of play action and roll outs to get the ball in Crabs hands. We wont be running the ball as much as we did last year either.
I don't think we change up how we play much but I think we will call smarter run plays to open up Gore more (less jumbo and more less obvious run formations). I also think we make an effort to get VD more involved.
I believe in the Great Pumpkin and Harbaugh's Great Big Pop-Up Book of Secret Plays.
No. We just aren't that explosive on offense. But we are getting better. Never thought Crab would turn out this well. LOL. The switch to Kaep has been great for him.
Why do we let posters with a total of less than 200 posts start new threads (new = stupid)?
Share 49ersWebzone