There are 150 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
The funny thing is the media has absolutely no basis for assuming that. None whatsoever.

I think their basis is that they don't like him. Everyone seems to forget that right off the bat, the owner of the Dolphins threw a bunch of money on the table and he took the Niners job anyway.

I agree, although 'not liking someone' is not a basis for assuming they want more money.
I agree, although 'not liking someone' is not a basis for assuming they want more money.

It's sometimes a basis for always assuming the worst about somebody.
Originally posted by crake49:

It's sometimes a basis for always assuming the worst about somebody.

That is true.
Technically he is right about harbaugh going to dallas; we play them week one
Jim Harbaugh is awesome lol, i just seen a preview of his trips to Peru and this guy is wearing Long sleeve sweater, Khakis and cleats! Lmao, really cleats tho? Hahah
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
ESPN Insider ‏@ESPNInsider

Jim Harbaugh has yet to sign an extension... Does that make Joe Philbin's hot seat even warmer? @caplannfl's #NFLID:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11427701/joe-philbin-coaches-hot-seat-entering-2014-season-nfl?ex_cid=InsiderTwitter_Caplan_HotSeat
Originally posted by Jcool:
ESPN Insider ‏@ESPNInsider

Jim Harbaugh has yet to sign an extension... Does that make Joe Philbin's hot seat even warmer? @caplannfl's #NFLID:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11427701/joe-philbin-coaches-hot-seat-entering-2014-season-nfl?ex_cid=InsiderTwitter_Caplan_HotSeat

Are these people aware that Harbaugh already turned them down once before, even after they reportedly offered him $10 mil per season which would have easily made him the highest paid coach in the league? I'm getting sick of this TMZ style reporting. All mainstream news sucks now.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Are these people aware that Harbaugh already turned them down once before, even after they reportedly offered him $10 mil per season which would have easily made him the highest paid coach in the league? I'm getting sick of this TMZ style reporting. All mainstream news sucks now.

Agree, the media is all a big joke now. You would think these idiots who get paid big bucks to "write" this garbage could figure out he is signed for this year and next year and that his contract isn't up after this year. 5 years... let's see 2011 2012 2013 2014.... yep that's 5 years, me a professional writer
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 29, 2014 at 6:58 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Agree, the media is all a big joke now. You would think these idiots who get paid big bucks to "write" this garbage could figure out he is signed for this year and next year and that his contract isn't up after this year. 5 years... let's see 2011 2012 2013 2014.... yep that's 5 years, me a professional writer

Yup. He's under contract in 2015. Only way he's gone next year is if he tells the 49ers he wants out, and they oblige him. I just have a hard time seeing that happening. Call me naive, but I truly believe he wants to be here long-term. Most media people see it differently. I don't think they have a good pulse on this team.
inside source thinks harbaugh is going to leave the 49ers to go back and sing for R.E.O speedwagon again.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/show/91361/episode/1060951
Originally posted by outside4949:
inside source thinks harbaugh is going to leave the 49ers to go back and sing for R.E.O speedwagon again.

but will he still wear 49ers gear and khakis on stage?
Originally posted by outside4949:

but will he still wear 49ers gear and khakis on stage?

I'd pay good money to see that show.
  • buck
  • Veteran
From MB

I found this a bit surprising.

Harbaugh's last hurrah?

It may not be a major story line during the season, but once it's over, it could become a monster.

A year ago, the Cleveland Browns made a weak effort to dislodge Harbaugh from the 49ers. Barring a contract extension during the season, Harbaugh will be entering the final year of his five-year, $25 million deal. Will another team, perhaps the Miami Dolphins, who came after Harbaugh in 2011, or the Raiders, who are desperate to energize their franchise, make Jed York a real offer this time?

With Harbaugh only signed for another year and as difficult as it's been to work out an extension, one thing is certain: York won't hang up the phone as quickly as he did with the Browns.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/08/30/6667109/five-storylines-for-the-49ers.html#storylink=cpy
I'll believe Harbaugh's leaving the Niners when I see it happen and not until then. I think he wants to bring the Walsh era greatness back to the Niners. He spent all those days sitting there with Walsh. I think he wants to follow in his footsteps. I think his wife and family love the Bay Area and I think that's important to him. I think he's stubborn and wouldn't want to leave a job undone in terms of winning a championship. And I think the perception of static or uneasiness between him and York and/or Baalke is a completely overblown media narrative.
Share 49ersWebzone