There are 187 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - U of M Coach as of 12/30/14

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:
Willing to disagree. I have never had a better cup of 2 dollar coffee that was better than any of the Bella Florentina cups of coffee I drank from Starbucks. Was simply amazing coffee for the price.

OK. I will not argue.

Originally posted by BrianGO:

The Starbucks CEO even looks like Pete Carroll, and has the same aggressive "raw raw" mentality. The thing is, that might work for a few years, but it wears off in time.

Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by BrianGO:

The Starbucks CEO even looks like Pete Carroll, and has the same aggressive "raw raw" mentality. The thing is, that might work for a few years, but it wears off in time.

that's not even close
NFL fans, and many pundits might disagree, but Harbaugh is gonna be the next Shula-like guy of this generation, gonna win a lot of games (season/post-season), make a lot of Championships, win a couple of bowls.

When Belichick leaves, Harbaugh will be #1 in the league.
It's hilarious how Cawk fans cling to the narrative of "Harbaugh took over a stacked team!"

Meanwhile Carroll has less first round players and 84354682135 transactions in 4 years, therefore he's the better coach! He won the Super Bowl this past year, that alone could make a case that he's better right now than Harbaugh. However Jim is only three years in, and he's gotten to the NFCCG all three years so you can't discount what he's done simply because the team had a lot of talented players when he arrived.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:
http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap2000000365040/coach-power-rankings?fb_comment_id=fbc_510752842357927_510758035690741_510758035690741#f388ebbbf8

This has got to fry some a$$es up in Seattle.

Jim Harbaugh, San Francisco 49ers
Say what you will about Jim Harbaugh's temperament, but no head coach in the history of the NFL can mess with his first three years -- three straight NFC Championship Game appearances. Harbaugh's club narrowly lost to the Giants in the 2011 NFC title game and the Seahawks in last season's installment. In 2012, the Niners advanced to the Super Bowl and almost pulled off a thrilling comeback victory. San Francisco has won 36 regular-season games in Harbaugh's first three years; the franchise won a mere 21 in the three seasons prior.

Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
It's hilarious how Cawk fans cling to the narrative of "Harbaugh took over a stacked team!"

Meanwhile Carroll has less first round players and 84354682135 transactions in 4 years, therefore he's the better coach! He won the Super Bowl this past year, that alone could make a case that he's better right now than Harbaugh. However Jim is only three years in, and he's gotten to the NFCCG all three years so you can't discount what he's done simply because the team had a lot of talented players when he arrived.

Kyle William fumbles, blatant holding and offsides by the ravens in the superbowl, blatant holding by the seacocks, awful calls by refs (running into kicker),,,,yep, all Harbaughs fault.
Interesting, two dudes in the midst of a funny conversation, or Harbaugh playfully deferring to 'top brass' (in a respectful/deceptive manor)? Seems like they intentionally placed Goodell in-between Jim, and Jed (to smooze Harbaugh's reputation, that he can play 'ball' like his brother, do what's best for business).

Yeah, I'm looking at this deep, but it seems like they're using every opportunity to save Aldon's ass (they're putting all their chips down on Aldon to fix himself, using loyalty as a leadership tactic to build a leader).
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Interesting, two dudes in the midst of a funny conversation, or Harbaugh playfully deferring to 'top brass' (in a respectful/deceptive manor)? Seems like they intentionally placed Goodell in-between Jim, and Jed (to smooze Harbaugh's reputation, that he can play 'ball' like his brother, do what's best for business).

Yeah, I'm looking at this deep, but it seems like they're using every opportunity to save Aldon's ass (they're putting all their chips down on Aldon to fix himself, using loyalty as a leadership tactic to build a leader).

Jim: "this is how I shook schwartz's hand...the puss just couldn't take the fury."
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Jim: "this is how I shook schwartz's hand...the puss just couldn't take the fury."

Roger: " Your handgrip is not that strong, Schwartz was just p**sy"

^^ Just love how everyone around him is dressed up in suits and formal attire while Harbaugh dons the dockers, sweatshirt and 49ers hat. Harbaugh is the man.
Originally posted by eamjr10:
^^ Just love how everyone around him is dressed up in suits and formal attire while Harbaugh dons the dockers, sweatshirt and 49ers hat. Harbaugh is the man.

I think he was dressed like that because the ribbon cutting ceremony was right in the middle of a bunch of training camp stuff so he was dressed in normal coaching garb but it's still funny as hell because it's a damn ribbon-cutting ceremony and everyone else is dressed up LOL.
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
Originally posted by Giedi:
What a great picture. The Legendary Walsh and the Soon to be legendary Harbaugh. We are a spoiled and blessed fan base folks!

Awesome picture!... Damn I miss that man, RIP Coach Walsh.

It really is hard to believe it's coming up on 7 yrs since his passing.

How would Walsh have done with the current Niners? Better yet how would CK's progress be at this point under BW?
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Jul 19, 2014 at 1:11 PM ]

Nice of 'em to roll out the nice, large, comfortable chairs with plenty of space in between 'em for the ceremony.

...And you gotta love Harbaugh's formal wear.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
How would Walsh have done with the current Niners? Better yet how would CK's progress be at this point under BW?

It took Montana 3 years to get to the super bowl, Kaepernick under Harbaugh - less than that, but Harbaugh had 6-10 team while Walsh had a 2-12 team. So I think both coaches are very comparable in many ways. Looking forward to Jim Harbaugh being inducted into the NFL hall of fame as a coach.
Share 49erswebzone