LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by buck:
I do not find this news either very alarming or very unexpected.

There is plenty of time to get a deal done.

Harbaugh's pay does not any impact on the salary cap, so that is not a concern.

I'm with you on this. This just seems like normal contract talks that have been put on hold til a later date. Honestly if I'm jim I would prefer to wait cause a title this year most likely means he becomes the hightest paid coach in the league. However, I'm sure your florio's, Kawakami and the like are gonna latch on to this and make a huge deal because that's their MO.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I think the writing is on the wall. If the Niners dont' win it all this year, Harbaugh is gone.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/york-theres-not-some-crazy-divide

"There's not some crazy divide of where we are," York said. "When we talked about a deal, Jim very clearly said, 'I don't want to do a deal too early because as a leader of the team, I don't want to set that precedent.'

"When we talked about the contract we offered, it wasn't Jim demanding to be the highest-paid coach. It was him saying, 'I don't think now is the right time because it sets the wrong precedent.' "

Who you going to believe? Jed York or Florio? After all, hasn't Florio been right about everything? When has Florio ever gotten anything wrong?

I have no reason to believe either TBH. It's not like Jed wouldn't lie if he didn't have to in order to save face. Simply put, if they wanted to pay Harbaugh, they could right now. But the fact remains that they haven't There is basically no reason why Harbaugh shouldn't be the top paid coach in the league. There is no cap restriction here...pay the guy who coached your team back to relevance. So I think the front office is ready to let him walk if he doesn't win.

"There's not some crazy divide of where we are," York said. "When we talked about a deal, Jim very clearly said, 'I don't want to do a deal too early because as a leader of the team, I don't want to set that precedent.'

"When we talked about the contract we offered, it wasn't Jim demanding to be the highest-paid coach. It was him saying, 'I don't think now is the right time because it sets the wrong precedent.' "

Who you going to believe? Jed York or Florio? After all, hasn't Florio been right about everything? When has Florio ever gotten anything wrong?

Next Florio will take off on York and call him a liar.

Florio will probably write:
"York was talking about 'a crazy divide' in relation to Jim Harbaugh's contract talks. So yes, there is definitely concern about whether or not Harbaugh wants to coach there. Also, this is a direct quote from Harbaugh himself, 'I don't want to do a deal.' You heard it here first. So the question seems to now be where Harbaugh will coach next. Could it be Cleveland? Could it be Dallas? Who knows? But what we do know is that it's not all strawberries and creme in 49er land right now."

This is the type of journalism we have to deal with in the modern era.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Aug 1, 2014 at 4:17 PM ]
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Whatever happens, Harbaugh will get paid next year. If the Niners let him walk, there are 10 teams waiting with huge contracts for him.
Niners will keep Harbaugh like the Steelers kept Cowher. Didn't win the SB until several years being with the Steelers but kept them in the hunt for most years there. I see the same with Harbaugh's tenure.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Niners will keep Harbaugh like the Steelers kept Cowher. Didn't win the SB until several years being with the Steelers but kept them in the hunt for most years there. I see the same with Harbaugh's tenure.

I think it's more like how the Dolphins kept Shula, or the Patriots keep Belichick.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Next Florio will take off on York and call him a liar.

Florio:
"York was talking about 'a crazy divide' in relation to Jim Harbaugh's contract talks. So yes, there is definitely concern about whether or not Harbaugh wants to coach there. Also, this is a direct quote from Harbaugh himself, 'I don't want to do a deal.' You heard it here first. So the question seems to now be where Harbaugh will coach next. Could it be Cleveland? Could it be Dallas? Who knows? But what we do know is that it's not all strawberries and creme in 49er land right now."

This is the type of journalism we have to deal with in the modern era.

Yech, very low quality yellow journalism. The only thing lower is if they accuse Harbaugh of being an ancient alien.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

That's what eddie would do!
Originally posted by Giedi:
Yech, very low quality yellow journalism. The only thing lower is if they accuse Harbaugh of being an ancient alien.

That was tongue in cheek. That wasn't an actual report. Even Florio would be fired if he actually wrote that.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
Whatever happens, Harbaugh will get paid next year. If the Niners let him walk, there are 10 teams waiting with huge contracts for him.

They paid Colin and picked up Aldon's option. No reason they won't make jim the highest paid coach in the nfl.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

That was tongue in cheek. That wasn't an actual report. Even Florio would be fired if he actually wrote that.
Well from what I read of florio, he'd write something like that. Now grant coahn, on the other hand, I expect him to actually accuse jim of being an ancient alien.
He's gone :(
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:

They paid Colin and picked up Aldon's option. No reason they won't make jim the highest paid coach in the nfl.

I think the Niners will certainly pay him...but he has to win a Superbowl first.

Well from what I read of florio, he'd write something like that. Now grant coahn, on the other hand, I expect him to actually accuse jim of being an ancient alien.

Well that would make sense, because he is on the 49ers. "49ers" being those people who came here to mine for gold, and that is what the aliens created us for.
Share 49ersWebzone