LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Harbaugh on the hot seat is laughable. That article is just trying to start s**t and add even more pressure on a season. There is absolutely no way a coach with a 70%+ winning percentage, 2 division titles, 3 title games and a conference title in three seasons is on a hot seat. Jim's just an eccentric guy and people love talking and starting s**t with him.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jul 23, 2014 at 7:30 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by buck:
Do you writers in other towns spend as much time attacking their home town teams when the team is winning?

I doubt it, but I really do not know.

Maybe NYC?? I don't know but this is utterly ridiculous! Look at SEA!! How many trash can articles have you heard about Lynch and his legal woes? Our media was looking to roast and baste Aldon for a slew of what turned into misdemeanors despite the fact that Aldon has never been a violent criminal offender
the media loves to build you up and then they love to tear you down. i know coach loves what he does and gets payed good money but i could never do what he does. JH only makes the tough decisions. the ones that are easy are handled at a lower level
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
The media does not like Harbaugh very much

Hot seat for Harbaugh hits front burner after raising expectations

Jim Harbaugh's season in the hot seat started Wednesday, the day veterans reported to training camp and Jed York started planning his wardrobe for Super Bowl Sunday.

Worst-case scenario: The 49ers reach the Super Bowl and lose on the last play, stopped in the dreaded Red Zone.

They could miss the playoffs, knocked out by injuries and bad luck, and that would be disappointing to all. But to lose the Super Bowl - or a shot at the Super Bowl - again, by a credit card-thin margin?

That might spell the end of the 49ers' Harbaugh Epoch.

Am I being overly dramatic? Maybe.

http://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/ostler/article/Hot-seat-for-Harbaugh-hits-front-burner-after-5642473.php

Yes, you are.

sorry buck,,, i concur,,, you are being overly dramtic.

Hey folks. Read that again.

The question Am I being overly dramatic? was written by the author, not me.

Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Originally posted by NCommand:
^^^ Offensively Walsh was revolutionary esp. in game planning for opponents. We are archaic in our offensive philosophy under Jim but I'm willing to give him this year to add the final layers to his offense before judging. That said re: CK his footwork would be flawless and Walsh would use the WCO as his foundation but would still incorporate CK's athleticism. We'd have scripted plays and plays would be practiced to perfection. Period. The RB's and TE's would heavily be used to control the clock/chains. Passing plays would have WCO designs and principles.

Now that Niner offense, and CK in particular, would be something to watch.

Jim Harbaugh's season in the hot seat started Wednesday, the day veterans reported to training camp and Jed York started planning his wardrobe for Super Bowl Sunday.

Worst-case scenario: The 49ers reach the Super Bowl and lose on the last play, stopped in the dreaded Red Zone.

They could miss the playoffs, knocked out by injuries and bad luck, and that would be disappointing to all. But to lose the Super Bowl - or a shot at the Super Bowl - again, by a credit card-thin margin?

http://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/ostler/article/Hot-seat-for-Harbaugh-hits-front-burner-after-5642473.php

Men, everybody wants to see us burn this season, since the beginning of that false-flag Harbaugh/Baalke drama it's started a misleading perception that the 49ers are finished. We're sort of getting the same media perception the Pats have been given since 2011, cause we've been in the last three Championship games, and they're preying upon every little detail, like a pack of wolves looking for blood.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Men, everybody wants to see us burn this season, since the beginning of that false-flag Harbaugh/Baalke drama it's started a misleading perception that the 49ers are finished. We're sort of getting the same media perception the Pats have been given since 2011, cause we've been in the last three Championship games, and they're preying upon every little detail, like a pack of wolves looking for blood.

Yup. Us against the world, just like Harbaugh likes it.

Who's going to stop us this year?

Packers? lol no

Saints? lol no

Panthers? lolololololol no

Seahawks? Hell no. Not this time.
We're out for blood this year. We got the talent, coaching, and Kap now has the experience he needs. Bring it!
Just sweep the seahawks this year and don't let them get home field advantage Harbs and you should get your big payday. Dont take us to the red zone again and have a shot to Crabs with a fade though. Maybe if its wide open but man i cant stand another winter watching an incomplete to that side of the end zone.
Originally posted by jcashen87:
Just sweep the seahawks this year and don't let them get home field advantage Harbs and you should get your big payday. Dont take us to the red zone again and have a shot to Crabs with a fade though. Maybe if its wide open but man i cant stand another winter watching an incomplete to that side of the end zone.

I would rather have Kap get outside the pocket and make a play in the redzone like he did twice vs CAR in CAR! One was a run and another a throw to VD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Reeves
My greatest fear!

Come on Jimmy, don't be Dan Reeves, lets win it all this year!
"It's such a positive happening, that first day. Imagine you're kind of in the comfort of the off-season, like being in the comfort of the womb. You get plenty to eat in there, it's warm, very cozy. And then you're born, into somewhat of the unknown. A lot of people looking at you, lot of faces looking at you, lot of excitement. It's light, it's bright, it's noisy, it's the crazy world of football. Again, it's a real happening. Wish everybody could experience it."

There might be some truth to that article. IIRC Wasn't Walsh constantly rumored to be in hot water with Eddie D any year he didn't win a ring and wasn't that internal pressure what finally drove him to retire? Jed was there and saw how uncle Eddie got things done, for better or for worse. I don't see York being very patient too much longer particularly this year with the SB at home and especially if the Niners lose because of the same offensive issues again. Then Harbaugh would have to make an either/or decision with Roman or walk away as well.
Not saying Harbaugh's as good as gone but stranger things have happened when high expectations were involved with very intense people.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Jul 25, 2014 at 1:43 AM ]
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
"It's such a positive happening, that first day. Imagine you're kind of in the comfort of the off-season, like being in the comfort of the womb. You get plenty to eat in there, it's warm, very cozy. And then you're born, into somewhat of the unknown. A lot of people looking at you, lot of faces looking at you, lot of excitement. It's light, it's bright, it's noisy, it's the crazy world of football. Again, it's a real happening. Wish everybody could experience it."

was lol'ing so hard when i watched that part
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2144308-br-exclusive-jim-harbaugh-discusses-his-contract-expectations-and-more
Pay the man
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Pay the man

this. no denying what he's done with this squad.
Share 49ersWebzone