LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by eamjr10:
^^ Just love how everyone around him is dressed up in suits and formal attire while Harbaugh dons the dockers, sweatshirt and 49ers hat. Harbaugh is the man.

I think he was dressed like that because the ribbon cutting ceremony was right in the middle of a bunch of training camp stuff so he was dressed in normal coaching garb but it's still funny as hell because it's a damn ribbon-cutting ceremony and everyone else is dressed up LOL.
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
Originally posted by Giedi:
What a great picture. The Legendary Walsh and the Soon to be legendary Harbaugh. We are a spoiled and blessed fan base folks!

Awesome picture!... Damn I miss that man, RIP Coach Walsh.

It really is hard to believe it's coming up on 7 yrs since his passing.

How would Walsh have done with the current Niners? Better yet how would CK's progress be at this point under BW?
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Jul 19, 2014 at 1:11 PM ]

Nice of 'em to roll out the nice, large, comfortable chairs with plenty of space in between 'em for the ceremony.

...And you gotta love Harbaugh's formal wear.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
How would Walsh have done with the current Niners? Better yet how would CK's progress be at this point under BW?

It took Montana 3 years to get to the super bowl, Kaepernick under Harbaugh - less than that, but Harbaugh had 6-10 team while Walsh had a 2-12 team. So I think both coaches are very comparable in many ways. Looking forward to Jim Harbaugh being inducted into the NFL hall of fame as a coach.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

It took Montana 3 years to get to the super bowl, Kaepernick under Harbaugh - less than that, but Harbaugh had 6-10 team while Walsh had a 2-12 team. So I think both coaches are very comparable in many ways. Looking forward to Jim Harbaugh being inducted into the NFL hall of fame as a coach.

I have the highest opinion of Bill Walsh over any other person in the history of the NFL. His offense is pretty much the reason why I love football. Therefore, I don't think I could give a fair and balanced opinion on him. He basically set up the blue print for the modern franchise.

But to answer the question, I feel like we would have at least one title with bill coaching. Now that's not a knock on jim because I love the job he has done, it has more to do with the supreme regard I have for Bill Walsh.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jul 19, 2014 at 9:23 PM ]
^^^ Offensively Walsh was revolutionary esp. in game planning for opponents. We are archaic in our offensive philosophy under Jim but I'm willing to give him this year to add the final layers to his offense before judging. That said re: CK his footwork would be flawless and Walsh would use the WCO as his foundation but would still incorporate CK's athleticism. We'd have scripted plays and plays would be practiced to perfection. Period. The RB's and TE's would heavily be used to control the clock/chains. Passing plays would have WCO designs and principles.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 19, 2014 at 4:13 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
^^^ Offensively Walsh was revolutionary esp. in game planning for opponents. We are archaic in our offensive philosophy under Jim but I'm willing to give him this year to add the final layers to his offense before judging. That said re: CK his footwork would be flawless and Walsh would use the WCO as his foundation but would still incorporate CK's athleticism. We'd have scripted plays and plays would be practiced to perfection. Period. The RB's and TE's would heavily be used to control the clock/chains. Passing plays would have WCO designs and principles.

• buck
  • Veteran
The media does not like Harbaugh very much

Hot seat for Harbaugh hits front burner after raising expectations

Jim Harbaugh's season in the hot seat started Wednesday, the day veterans reported to training camp and Jed York started planning his wardrobe for Super Bowl Sunday.

Worst-case scenario: The 49ers reach the Super Bowl and lose on the last play, stopped in the dreaded Red Zone.

They could miss the playoffs, knocked out by injuries and bad luck, and that would be disappointing to all. But to lose the Super Bowl - or a shot at the Super Bowl - again, by a credit card-thin margin?

That might spell the end of the 49ers' Harbaugh Epoch.

Am I being overly dramatic? Maybe.

http://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/ostler/article/Hot-seat-for-Harbaugh-hits-front-burner-after-5642473.php
Originally posted by buck:

Jim Harbaugh's season in the hot seat started Wednesday, the day veterans reported to training camp and Jed York started planning his wardrobe for Super Bowl Sunday.

Worst-case scenario: The 49ers reach the Super Bowl and lose on the last play, stopped in the dreaded Red Zone.

They could miss the playoffs, knocked out by injuries and bad luck, and that would be disappointing to all. But to lose the Super Bowl - or a shot at the Super Bowl - again, by a credit card-thin margin?

http://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/ostler/article/Hot-seat-for-Harbaugh-hits-front-burner-after-5642473.php

I would have to say that's overly dramatic. At the end of the day, the guy calling the shots on Harbuagh's future is Jed York. I firmly believe York wants Harbaugh to be the coach for a long time. I think Baalke recognizes the value of having a great HC like Harbaugh, despite their perceived differences.

I think the only way Harbaugh is not the coach next year is if he goes to York/Baalke and tells them he wants out.

Yes, you are.

Some of the Bay Area writers are complete idiots that know nothing about football. Dumb idiot clueless writers that just don't know the pulse of this front office or this team. There are a few that are knowledgeable but to insinuate that Harbaugh is a year away from being fired is ridiculous. That would be a last resort in any scenario. The only way he walks is if we don't sign him to a favorable deal by 2016! Bill Walsh ain't lurking close by to be signed away from Stanford anytime soon
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

Yes, you are.

sorry buck,,, i concur,,, you are being overly dramtic.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Some of the Bay Area writers are complete idiots that know nothing about football. Dumb idiot clueless writers that just don't know the pulse of this front office or this team. There are a few that are knowledgeable but to insinuate that Harbaugh is a year away from being fired is ridiculous. That would be a last resort in any scenario. The only way he walks is if we don't sign him to a favorable deal by 2016! Bill Walsh ain't lurking close by to be signed away from Stanford anytime soon

Yup. Article was written by Scott Ostler. That's his shtick. He likes to play the bumbling idiot that says dumb things. I guess I prefer that over the Cohn's who are truly morons that think they're clever.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Do you writers in other towns spend as much time attacking their home town teams when the team is winning?

I doubt it, but I really do not know.

Do you writers in other towns spend as much time attacking their home town teams when the team is winning?

I doubt it, but I really do not know.

Maybe NYC?? I don't know but this is utterly ridiculous! Look at SEA!! How many trash can articles have you heard about Lynch and his legal woes? Our media was looking to roast and baste Aldon for a slew of what turned into misdemeanors despite the fact that Aldon has never been a violent criminal offender
Share 49ersWebzone