LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by baltien:
Seattle fans will just argue that based on this year alone Pete Carroll had the best season of any coach, therefore he is one the greatest coaches in history.

Seattle is like Starbucks.

Not only is Seattle the birthplace of Starbucks, but both businesses are parallels of each other.
Starbucks came out of nowhere, found huge success, and they thought they were the greatest thing in the world, with the greatest coffee in the world.

Starbuck's did not come out of nowhere. The owner of Starbuck's was part of the Bay Area's Peet's Coffee.

There was a difference of opinions and the dude left, went to Seattle and started his own company.

Peet's Coffee is one the Bay Area institutions that I really miss.

When friends come to Chile, they bring me coffee from Peet's.

Peet's is better than Starbuck's; the 49ers are better than the Seahawks.

edit: by the way, Starbuck's has never had the best coffee.

[ Edited by buck on Jul 14, 2014 at 4:18 PM ]

Not only is Seattle the birthplace of Starbucks, but both businesses are parallels of each other.
Starbucks came out of nowhere, found huge success, and they thought they were the greatest thing in the world, with the greatest coffee in the world. But in reality, it's just a fad, and their own popularity will cause their demise. BECAUSE they are popular, they can no longer supply the best coffee. There is not enough of it in the world. So they settle for OK coffee, but then the word gets out, then the hipsters go to other coffee shops, and the fad of Starbucks slowly fades away.
The Starbucks CEO even looks like Pete Carroll, and has the same aggressive "raw raw" mentality. The thing is, that might work for a few years, but it wears off in time.

The 49ers, on the other hand, have a history, and a legacy. We have roots in Bill Walsh, those roots keep growing, and have been passed on to Jim Harbaugh. Our ownership has been passed down within the family. We keep innovating, and continue to lead the league and transform it. We have the top ownership, GM, and coach in the league.

What is Seattle's model? Build a loud stadium, win at home and then, "raw raw" your way to a Super Bowl victory? That is not a lasting model. The coffee buzz eventually wears out.

The 49ers will continue to lead from the front, and compete year in and year out with "the 49er way", which is the innovative way, the competitive way, the "above board" way. We are back at the top, and nothing will stand in our way.

I love starbucks
Originally posted by crake49:
http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap2000000365040/coach-power-rankings?fb_comment_id=fbc_510752842357927_510758035690741_510758035690741#f388ebbbf8

This has got to fry some a$$es up in Seattle.

coach harbaugh getting flamed in the comment section lmao

love the hate
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by baltien:
Seattle fans will just argue that based on this year alone Pete Carroll had the best season of any coach, therefore he is one the greatest coaches in history.

Starbucks came out of nowhere, found huge success, and they thought they were the greatest thing in the world, with the greatest coffee in the world.

Starbuck's did not come out of nowhere. The owner of Starbuck's was part of the Bay Area's Peet's Coffee.

There was a difference of opinions and the dude left, went to Seattle and started his own company.

Peet's Coffee is one the Bay Area institutions that I really miss.

When friends come to Chile, they bring me coffee from Peet's.

Peet's is better than Starbuck's; the 49ers are better than the Seahawks.

edit: by the way, Starbuck's has never had the best coffee.

Willing to disagree. I have never had a better cup of 2 dollar coffee that was better than any of the Bella Florentina cups of coffee I drank from Starbucks. Was simply amazing coffee for the price.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:
Willing to disagree. I have never had a better cup of 2 dollar coffee that was better than any of the Bella Florentina cups of coffee I drank from Starbucks. Was simply amazing coffee for the price.

OK. I will not argue.

The Starbucks CEO even looks like Pete Carroll, and has the same aggressive "raw raw" mentality. The thing is, that might work for a few years, but it wears off in time.

Originally posted by Bluesbro:

that's not even close
NFL fans, and many pundits might disagree, but Harbaugh is gonna be the next Shula-like guy of this generation, gonna win a lot of games (season/post-season), make a lot of Championships, win a couple of bowls.

When Belichick leaves, Harbaugh will be #1 in the league.
It's hilarious how Cawk fans cling to the narrative of "Harbaugh took over a stacked team!"

Meanwhile Carroll has less first round players and 84354682135 transactions in 4 years, therefore he's the better coach! He won the Super Bowl this past year, that alone could make a case that he's better right now than Harbaugh. However Jim is only three years in, and he's gotten to the NFCCG all three years so you can't discount what he's done simply because the team had a lot of talented players when he arrived.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:
http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap2000000365040/coach-power-rankings?fb_comment_id=fbc_510752842357927_510758035690741_510758035690741#f388ebbbf8

This has got to fry some a$$es up in Seattle.

Jim Harbaugh, San Francisco 49ers
Say what you will about Jim Harbaugh's temperament, but no head coach in the history of the NFL can mess with his first three years -- three straight NFC Championship Game appearances. Harbaugh's club narrowly lost to the Giants in the 2011 NFC title game and the Seahawks in last season's installment. In 2012, the Niners advanced to the Super Bowl and almost pulled off a thrilling comeback victory. San Francisco has won 36 regular-season games in Harbaugh's first three years; the franchise won a mere 21 in the three seasons prior.

Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
It's hilarious how Cawk fans cling to the narrative of "Harbaugh took over a stacked team!"

Meanwhile Carroll has less first round players and 84354682135 transactions in 4 years, therefore he's the better coach! He won the Super Bowl this past year, that alone could make a case that he's better right now than Harbaugh. However Jim is only three years in, and he's gotten to the NFCCG all three years so you can't discount what he's done simply because the team had a lot of talented players when he arrived.

Kyle William fumbles, blatant holding and offsides by the ravens in the superbowl, blatant holding by the seacocks, awful calls by refs (running into kicker),,,,yep, all Harbaughs fault.
Interesting, two dudes in the midst of a funny conversation, or Harbaugh playfully deferring to 'top brass' (in a respectful/deceptive manor)? Seems like they intentionally placed Goodell in-between Jim, and Jed (to smooze Harbaugh's reputation, that he can play 'ball' like his brother, do what's best for business).

Yeah, I'm looking at this deep, but it seems like they're using every opportunity to save Aldon's ass (they're putting all their chips down on Aldon to fix himself, using loyalty as a leadership tactic to build a leader).
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Interesting, two dudes in the midst of a funny conversation, or Harbaugh playfully deferring to 'top brass' (in a respectful/deceptive manor)? Seems like they intentionally placed Goodell in-between Jim, and Jed (to smooze Harbaugh's reputation, that he can play 'ball' like his brother, do what's best for business).

Yeah, I'm looking at this deep, but it seems like they're using every opportunity to save Aldon's ass (they're putting all their chips down on Aldon to fix himself, using loyalty as a leadership tactic to build a leader).

Jim: "this is how I shook schwartz's hand...the puss just couldn't take the fury."
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Jim: "this is how I shook schwartz's hand...the puss just couldn't take the fury."

Roger: " Your handgrip is not that strong, Schwartz was just p**sy"
^^ Just love how everyone around him is dressed up in suits and formal attire while Harbaugh dons the dockers, sweatshirt and 49ers hat. Harbaugh is the man.
Share 49ersWebzone