LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Antix:
Originally posted by crabman82:
uh what? that was seattles 3rd playoff appearance in 4 years with carroll. sure if you want to dismiss the the first year as a 7-9 team with no russell wilson, but even then then had the playoffs in 2012.

The first time they went to an NFC championship game with Carroll, they won the SB. We haven't in three tries.

i'm aware it was carrolls 1st title game. it was his 3rd crack at the playoffs in seattle though. you making it sound like he went to the playoffs once and won it all.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Niners Nation ‏@NinersNation

Per @BWilliamsonESPN, Ed Donatell has signed 2-year contract extension. He must hate working with Jim Harbaugh.

lolol. Great quip right there......unless we've told Donatell we're trading Harbaugh and promoting Fangio to HC and making him DC
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by sfout:

Per @BWilliamsonESPN, Ed Donatell has signed 2-year contract extension. He must hate working with Jim Harbaugh.

lolol. Great quip right there......unless we've told Donatell we're trading Harbaugh and promoting Fangio to HC and making him DC

clearly an unstable situation in Santa Clara.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by sfout:

clearly an unstable situation in Santa Clara.

ZOMG look at the incompetence! Signing DB coaches before we sign Kap and JH. Fire Baalke and bring back John York!
  • Antix
  • Veteran
uh what? that was seattles 3rd playoff appearance in 4 years with carroll. sure if you want to dismiss the the first year as a 7-9 team with no russell wilson, but even then then had the playoffs in 2012.

The first time they went to an NFC championship game with Carroll, they won the SB. We haven't in three tries.

i'm aware it was carrolls 1st title game. it was his 3rd crack at the playoffs in seattle though. you making it sound like he went to the playoffs once and won it all.

That kinda is what I'm saying. I'm highlighting the championship game because that's how far we've gotten three times and comparing it to Carroll's first time.

But let's use what you're saying. In Carroll's 3rd shot at the playoffs he won the SB. In or third shot we did not.
That kinda is what I'm saying. I'm highlighting the championship game because that's how far we've gotten three times and comparing it to Carroll's first time.

But let's use what you're saying. In Carroll's 3rd shot at the playoffs he won the SB. In or third shot we did not.

thats correct, we did not. i dont think thats an indictment of harbaugh though. all 3 season ending losses were literally inches from victory, i'm not sure how much you can lay on him. a guy like marv levy who continually got s**t kicked in super bowls would be more concerning to me.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
This way too much drama for one off season, holy s**t

Agreed x1000. This is NOT the kind of stuff we need around here and it probably isn't even the truth. The media comes out and plants the seed, then the story becomes a story because there is no stopping it. I would get a good laugh if all the credit to this gets squashed and there isn't an issue anywhere.

In the meantime, I am going to watch the 88 Super Bowl. I always sleep better after that.
next pft tweet will be something like

report: harbaugh only staying in sf because he wants to be the first coach to win a game at levi's stadium. after the game he will resign.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Mar 3, 2014 at 11:02 AM ]

Carroll has done a good job, I would say very similar to that of Harbaugh. It was apples and oranges though, this was the first time Carroll did it with HFA and obviously that paid off. If you think about it, they have both been to the playoffs 3 times and Carroll missed one season in 2011. They have both won playoff games every time they have gone. There is no better option than Harbaugh right now though, you don't move a coach that has taken you deep in the playoffs every season. You just don't do it. Do you Jerry Jones? Harbs is a winner, let's keep him around.
My manager said on 95.7 this morning Romo was talking about the Harbaugh s**t. According to Romo he has spoken with a couple of the defensive vets. And apparently they feel that Harbaugh only cares about the offense and not the defense. And they have told him that if he were to leave they wouldn't care. Anyone else here this?

Why would anyone pay any attention to what Bill Romanowski says?
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
When a story is totally bogus and made up it usually does not have "legs." This term is used for stories that seem like rumors but then persist until it turns out there is substance to them. If you are saying that the media can never be believed...OK, but that leaves you waiting for Harbaugh or Baalke to come to your house to tell you personally.

Those folks writing this off as media bias are just as wrong as those who believe everything they read. We will definately know in the future, one way or the other.

Hmmm, tell that to whoever came up with Santa Claus

I'm not saying the media can't be believed but I'm not saying they can be either. And even if I said so, it doesn't automatically mean I'll be waiting for Harbaugh to tell me personally. It just means, I'll wait until someone credible can prove or disprove anything. It's actually very simple. It's a scientists approach. Don't react until the facts are presented. Right now, there are no facts. Only hearsay. I understand however that for most people in our society, hearsay (especially repeated hearsay) can be taken on face value as evidence. Like saying terrorist enough times will cause most people to believe in terrorists.....
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Romanowski does not have an agenda in this..

Please. Bill Romanowski lives off controversy and sh*t stirring. That devilish smirk he has on his face 24/7 says it all. Dude went on ESPN campaigning for Tim Tebow like he was his boyfriend. He's all about saying things to get people to freak out.
Originally posted by SaksV:
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Romanowski does not have an agenda in this..

Please. Bill Romanowski lives off controversy and sh*t stirring. That devilish smirk he has on his face 24/7 says it all. Dude went on ESPN campaigning for Tim Tebow like he was his boyfriend. He's all about saying things to get people to freak out.

Thank you. Romanowski is just a flat-out punk with absolutely no credibility.
If players didn't like Harbaugh then why do all of out free agents say they want to stay here
Even ones that left have gone on record to say they'd come back
Share 49ersWebzone