There are 167 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Agree with that.... if true. I'm not convinced it's only about the money, which this article assumes. The rift with Baalke indicates there may be a power struggle. They don't see eye to eye on personnel issues. If Harbs wants more power over the roster written into his next contract, that complicates matters.

Bottom line is, nobody knows what's going on behind the scenes. Not yahoo, ESPN, CSN, Kawakami, Killion...NOBODY.

If Harbaugh wants more power I side with management. There is nothing wrong with our talent base aside from WR but even then no one could anticipate the injury to Crabtree or at CB to Cully. We had the talent but we lost by a few inches and a personal foul in NO
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
If Harbaugh wants more power I side with management. There is nothing wrong with our talent base aside from WR but even then no one could anticipate the injury to Crabtree or at CB to Cully. We had the talent but we lost by a few inches and a personal foul in NO

Except for that 2012 draft that was a 100% bust. So we have one big black eye for management and... ummm...hmmmm.... none for Harbaugh so far.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Except for that 2012 draft that was a 100% bust. So we have one big black eye for management and... ummm...hmmmm.... none for Harbaugh so far.
That 2012 draft where we didn't spend a lot of draft capital and actually rolled it over into 2013 2014 and now it seems 2015? Well tell me which of the last three seasons were we not the most talented team in football aside from arguably SEA last season? Even with that I am willing to bet we bring more talent to training camp this August than any other team out there. Now do we get rid of our Ozzie I ask and for whom...Jim who has no experience running an NFL club? Cmon just find me one just one team more talented than the 49ers the last three years comprehensively! Baalke has done his job well over the long haul. Also in the eyes of some of our alumni getting to the Super Bowl with more talent than your opponent and losing is inexcusable for the 49ers organization. I am appreciative for Jim but I am not about to advocate a front office restructuring for him
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Mar 2, 2014 at 11:27 PM ]
Lol these reports about key players now not getting on with the Jim. These players know what its like to play for a s**t coach and s**t teams. Any player not on this 49ers roster would give up almost anything to be in the kinda team environment the 49ers have. Another bs report.
Many disparage Tim K from the San Jose Merc, but his article about the rift between Harbaugh and Baalke seems very likely to be correct. He admits when something is conjecture versus knowledge...which is what I want in a journalist--tell me when you are sure and when you are reading tea leaves.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/02/25/how-did-the-jim-harbaugh-trent-baalke-breach-open-up-lets-go-back-through-it-owen-marecic-a-j-jenkins-aldon-smith/

He does not draw conclusions, other than the obvious--the Baalke/Harbaugh relationship will end some day.
I hope we keep Harbaugh, I think it would be a mistake to let him go, but that's just me.
I hope we keep Harbaugh, I think it would be a mistake to let him go, but that's just me.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
No, your right, niteshade it would be a mistake to let Harbaugh go.
Hope both can swallow their egos and realize they are good for each other and this is where they can both be winners!
You guys don't think Harbaugh can draft? Whose idea do you think it was to get Eric Reid?? Harbaugh goes no where this is his club, if there needs to be casualties then so be it...

"He tried to torment me for not going to Stanford and choosing LSU, but the story comes full circle that he ended up drafting me," Reid said on a conference call. "I was born and raised in Louisiana and I bled purple. I still bleed purple and gold, so it was a no-brainer for me to go to LSU. He was actually the only school that recruited me as hard as LSU did. All the other schools pretty much gave up knowing I was an in-state guy, but it said a lot about how much he wanted me to go to Stanford, and I appreciated it."

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Bottom line is, nobody knows what's going on behind the scenes. Not yahoo, ESPN, CSN, Kawakami, Killion...NOBODY.

Originally posted by niteshade80:

I agree that we do not know what's going on behind the scenes.

Without knowing what is happening or how serious the situation really is, it is difficult to know what should happen.

The longer this continues, the less I am willing to believe that the problems are simply media generated.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:

Without knowing what is happening or how serious the situation really is, it is difficult to know what should happen.

The longer this continues, the less I am willing to believe that the problems are simply media generated.

The longer what continues? These media generated "reports"? LOL.....everything we "know" about this "situation" comes from the media. If you're basing your beliefs on the frequency of the media's stories, you're setting yourself up to be manipulated.
Originally posted by SaksV:
Originally posted by buck:

The longer what continues? These media generated "reports"? LOL.....everything we "know" about this "situation" comes from the media. If you're basing your beliefs on the frequency of the media's stories, you're setting yourself up to be manipulated.

What he means is that this isn't news..this is people with agendas feeding the press.
Originally posted by SaksV:

When a story is totally bogus and made up it usually does not have "legs." This term is used for stories that seem like rumors but then persist until it turns out there is substance to them. If you are saying that the media can never be believed...OK, but that leaves you waiting for Harbaugh or Baalke to come to your house to tell you personally.

Those folks writing this off as media bias are just as wrong as those who believe everything they read. We will definately know in the future, one way or the other.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
every day there seems to be a new extension to this story. now comes word that his act is growing thin in the locker room. after a point and now is that point in my opinion,, you simply can not just keep passing it off as the media is making it up, the media are liars, the media just hates us, etc etc.
Share 49ersWebzone