There are 218 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Anybody else getting tired of the media talking about the 9ers "issues" with Harbaugh? Only way I will believe any of it is if Harbaugh is let go. Until then, we shouldn't waste our time on all of this speculation. Its the offseason and the media needs something to talk about.
Yeah, Harbs complete stone walling and saying nothing 38 different ways really isn't helpful to the organization. It doesn't promote the organization. Neither does candidly giving away player or strategy analysis but i think there is a middle ground.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
And if you read the Florio article it almost insinuates that the issue is also around Kaps inability to win the last two years. Almost trying to say certain players are turning on him.

I wonder if GB feels the same way being that Rodgers has lost to Kap the last two years. We got a 4-2 playoff starter over here. Cmon Florio Killion! We could do a lot worse!
Ann Killion's piece was the worse hatchetjob yet. "A niner source" is responsible for everyone of her quotes, but we are expected to take that as gospel.

Harbaugh was actually opening up to the media this year, too. Safe to say that, that's over. His pushback should be legendary, his press conferences will be must see.
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Ann Killion's piece was the worse hatchetjob yet. "A niner source" is responsible for everyone of her quotes, but we are expected to take that as gospel.

Harbaugh was actually opening up to the media this year, too. Safe to say that, that's over. His pushback should be legendary, his press conferences will be must see.

I hope his push back is.legendary. f**k those jotos.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Anybody else getting tired of the media talking about the 9ers "issues" with Harbaugh? Only way I will believe any of it is if Harbaugh is let go. Until then, we shouldn't waste our time on all of this speculation. Its the offseason and the media needs something to talk about.

It's because we're the 49ers and it's Harbaugh . . . it's a big story . . . and I'm sure some in the media have a hard-on to take Harbaugh down a few pegs.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Well lying twisting words and fabricating falsehoods are not exactly professional either. If a guy is an a** report that he's an a**. Don't put out BS and call it news. It sells but it also trashes your own credibility!

I agree. All too frequently, the media does not function professionally. Barrows and MM do seem to be exceptions.

I still do not like Harbaugh's form of dealing with the media, and I have felt that from the beginning of his tenure.

Killion is known for making up s**t
  • dj43
Originally posted by highway49:
I see your point as to players mirroring their coach and needing t keep their poise. But to me it cuts both ways, and a emotional,passionate coach can and does instill his players with a will and passion to fight and win.
However, I do not see Coach Harbaugh in the same light as Woody Hays, (aside from the sideline antics). I think Hays was a just a mean guy who bullied and intimidated his players.
I think Coach Harbaugh cares deeply for his players, and would never hit one, ( if he does, you can send me a big bowl of black feather soup, and I'll eat it) ! I do not see that Coach H has begun to lose his locker room and most of his players carry out their assignments during games.He is intense, passionate and sometimes over the top with the sideline antics, but he also is a proven winner. He runs good practices, seems to have reasonable game plans, adjust well,and runs a top flight coaching staff. I think his side line stuff distracts the fans more than our players. It is just not a huge thing to me.

I agree a coach must have enough passion for the job and the game to be able to inspire confidence in himself and the game plan. However, when that passion spills over into embarrassing situations, players begin to check out. It won't be obvious but it does begin to infect the enthusiasm. In such a violent game, players won't put it all on the line for a coach that is beginning to lose their respect.

The latest Ann Killion article claims that Harbaugh has reached that point with some "face of the franchise" players. If that is true, and none of us know for certain although someone with credibility conveyed it to her, then this coming season is "make-it-or-break it" for sure. A recent anonymous poll of 320 NFL players by ESPN rated head coaches based on who they would most like to play for. The poll claimed to equally represent all 32 teams. Harbaugh came in a rather dismal 8th place in that poll. That poll gives credibility to Killion's anonymous source. (For what it is worth, #8 is about where I would rate him among current NFL coaches.)

Players will continue to play for a coach that they con't particularly like as long as they are winning. However, when they start to lose, things come apart quickly. We have all heard the story of Gore and Kaepernick making up their own play rather than the one Harbaugh sent in. It worked. Stuff like that is not missed by teammates.

I am not on the side of firing Harbaugh now or before the end of this coming season, however, I would not extend him now either. There are warning signs up that should not be missed. This team is still in a window to win and if a change is to be made (after the season) there are good coaches that would love to come here to coach this talent that Baalke has assembled.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
I agree. All too frequently, the media does not function professionally. Barrows and MM do seem to be exceptions.

I still do not like Harbaugh's form of dealing with the media, and I have felt that from the beginning of his tenure.

Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by marls:
still Harbs is the best coach in football at the moment, let's not forget that!!

pete carroll says hi

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24464524/report-jim-harbaughs-act-has-worn-thin-in-49ers-locker-room

Finally a level headed estrogen free take on the issues . . .

"One source with inside knowledge of the team says that Harbaugh's act has worn thin in the locker room, particularly among some key 'face of the 49ers' type players," Killion writes. "While the team is winning, that's not a problem. But a few losses could expose a widening rift."

Should we be surprised by this? No, not really. For starters, when you've got the smoke of the trade rumors with the Browns popping up around the combine, you're going to get the fire that is rumors about 49ers players being unhappy. It comes with the territory.

And secondly, it's hard to imagine that Harbaugh's act doesn't wear thin on some of the players in the locker room.

But you know what doesn't wear thin? Winning. And under Harbaugh the Niners win like crazy. They're 36-11-1 in his three seasons coaching in San Francisco, good for a whopping .766 winning percentage.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9er2k:

still Harbs is the best coach in football at the moment, let's not forget that!!

pete carroll says hi

Are you suggesting that I be banned? humor, right?
[ Edited by buck on Mar 2, 2014 at 2:06 PM ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24464524/report-jim-harbaughs-act-has-worn-thin-in-49ers-locker-room

Finally a level headed estrogen free take on the issues . . .

"One source with inside knowledge of the team says that Harbaugh's act has worn thin in the locker room, particularly among some key 'face of the 49ers' type players," Killion writes. "While the team is winning, that's not a problem. But a few losses could expose a widening rift."

Should we be surprised by this? No, not really. For starters, when you've got the smoke of the trade rumors with the Browns popping up around the combine, you're going to get the fire that is rumors about 49ers players being unhappy. It comes with the territory.

And secondly, it's hard to imagine that Harbaugh's act doesn't wear thin on some of the players in the locker room.

But you know what doesn't wear thin? Winning. And under Harbaugh the Niners win like crazy. They're 36-11-1 in his three seasons coaching in San Francisco, good for a whopping .766 winning percentage.

lol ya im sure frank gore is so sick of being on a good team for a change. he probably misses the hell out of nolan and singletary and not being able to win a 7-9 division title lol
I'm tired of this BS. I've watched my last episode of PFT.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9er2k:

pete carroll says hi

Are you suggesting that I be banned? humor, right?

You were sucked into the vortex of my quote
Share 49ersWebzone