There are 208 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
All he said was there was an "opportunity".

#1) The fact that he even answered the question tells me he's a joke of an owner.

#2) He later fired the two guys who tried to make the trade. My guess is they told him they had a better chance than they ever really did

Here's the thing I just can't get around. If the Niners didn't want him, he'd be gone. The fact that Lombardi and Banner were fired should tell you volumes about this situation.

This!
Originally posted by susweel:
Do you guys think the browns called the pats, seahawks or any other team with a top coach ? They called us because they must know in league circles that Trent and Jim won't last long together. ..

It sucks but that does appear to be the situation.

You do realize that Florio is the same source of the supposed "rift" between Harbaugh and Baalke right? Moreover, is anyone seriously under the impression that every coach and GM besides our holds hand skips through the office everyday?

Football is a business. And I would bet that tempers flaring between owners, coaches, GM's, is far from a rare occurrence.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by baltien:
Do you guys think the browns called the pats, seahawks or any other team with a top coach ? They called us because they must know in league circles that Trent and Jim won't last long together. ..

You do realize that Florio is the same source of the supposed "rift" between Harbaugh and Baalke right? Moreover, is anyone seriously under the impression that every coach and GM besides our holds hand skips through the office everyday?

Football is a business. And I would bet that tempers flaring between owners, coaches, GM's, is far from a rare occurrence.

I thought kawakami was the source on the rift.

Kawakami jumped on Florio's and tried to make it his own.
If anyone thinks this wasn't set up by anyone other than harbaugh they should pass what they are smoking. Jim wanted the organization to see the ridiculous offer they would receive helping his negotiations. He would say the Browns offered whatever picks. Harbaugh had no intention of moving.
I don't understand the issue with Florio... he's just reporting the news.

Come on now.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Niners Nation ‏@NinersNation

Guess what, I had an "opportunity" to win the lottery this week.
Originally posted by SportsFan:

Really interesting thing here. Is Jim a great coach or is TB a great talent evaluator? Is it better to draft great players or get potential from players? The Niners are saying that talented players are more important.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Originally posted by SportsFan:

Really interesting thing here. Is Jim a great coach or is TB a great talent evaluator? Is it better to draft great players or get potential from players? The Niners are saying that talented players are more important.

The 49ers aren't saying anything. All they did was listen to the offer. I would expect the 49ers to listen to anything that could potentially improve the team. If the Browns were willing to give us their two 1st rounders hell, maybe they would have done it. Sammy Watkins anyone?
Originally posted by Jcool:

lol so much this.

Originally posted by Jt8786:
I don't understand the issue with Florio... he's just reporting the news.

Come on now.

Florio has had it out for the niners for awhile now. All his stories have an anti niner slant to them. That is why I disregard most of his stories. Of course in his mind the word of Cleveland owner talking about this supposed "opportunity" validates his story. Nevermind the denial of the power brokers in the niners organization. Apparently the rift isn't as bad as some would hope if they are in total concert concerning this issue.

The whole basis of florio story is the word of the biggest joke of an owner in he nfl. Hell you had guys passing up interviews with them. That speaks volumes considering the job is 1 of 32 on planet. Haslem seems to be using this supposed negeoation with us as a way to gain any credence to his piss poor operation he has going in Cleveland right now.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Feb 23, 2014 at 4:35 PM ]
  • bret
  • Veteran
I can't believe everyone is making this out to be a Harbaugh/Baalke problem! Look: The Niners are paying Harbaugh $5 mil per year; Harbaugh wants $10 mil. The team is playing hard ball in negotiations (why wouldn't they - they've played hardball with everyone else)?!

If you were the most successful coach in league history during your first three years, wouldn't you want to be taken care of? This is not Harbaugh vs.Baalke; this is Harbaugh vs. Paraag/Jed York!!

The source of the leak (and the probable instigator of the original trade scenario) is either Harbaugh himself or his agent. There's no other way this story makes sense. Harbaugh has no other stick in his negotiations except the threat of leaving.
The most ironic thing is Harbaugh preaches keeping things in house and cuts people for conduct detrimental to the team if they don't. But he's playing the media to the max to get his contract extension. And if he doesn't he's going to be the most in demand coach when he's free.

There is no other story here.
This $hit just wont go away...........

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Jcool:

lol so much this.

The media won't let this go...feels like they are going out of their way to prop up a weak story in an attempt to save face.
I said before,100% b******t.I'll eat my crow,lol its 85% b******t.Some truth(yea ok,they approached),the rest,b******t.

Florio said a deal was in place,Jed said that was not true.You can approach n discuss what you like,dont mean a deal was in place.At best,Florio took it and ran with it as far as he could.Basiclly the,"where theres smoke,theres fire"approach to journalism.Translation-sensationalism.

I will say this though,i do think now that in there somewhere,Coach and his camp are somehow involved to drive his price up.I have no proof,just a gut feelin.
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Feb 23, 2014 at 4:52 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone