There are 188 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
Originally posted by 1981_Champions:
- Jim Harbaugh is a bit overrated. His quick fuse on the sidelines has possibly cost us certain calls if even games. I also think he has a short shelf live with an NFL team. He wears on his roster. I think his confidence was the perfect mix for a guy like Alex Smith.

- We should always keep our options open because I don't trust everything coming out of Jim's mouth. Again, I don't think he's as good as his brother or will stick around as long either. Jim is the perfect guy for an underdog and that's no longer us.

I've always said that Harbaugh has to work on having less sideline tirades because refs don't like to be shown up. I don't know if it has cost us any games, but I'm sure we didn't get some calls our way.

That being said, Harbaugh is a very good coach, and I appreciate him bringing back our winning culture. If he does leave after his contract is up, I hope Jed has his replacement ready. No one wants to relive 2003-2010 again.

I suspect the Yorks may be tired of the $5 million a year salary. It always seemed like a stunt to me. His hiring and big press conference gala. Maybe they looking to deal him and get somebody cheaper. Makes you wonder.

Funny thing SD, I used to think you're a troll, but I think you're a half-glass empty person like myself. You point out our short comings in a very blunt way that turns people off. But some of the stuff you've said I see your point of view or agree with.

I'm a glass ALL THE WAY EMPTY type of guy with a hole in the bottom of it......
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9er2k:
BTW what kind of Terry Donahue trade is giving up our coach for a 2nd to a team with 2 firsts?

Yeah, I'd have asked for a first and Josh Gordon.
so
Originally posted by 49ersVic:
They are shopping him IMO because they don't want to pay his long term high salary and that's fine be me since he obviously has shown he CANT WIN THE BIG GAME over and over and over. So ship him out. I'd trade him straight up for Pete Carroll. Or 1st round plus Josh Gordon to the Browns. Those are good deals for us.

Can't win the big game? He has won a lot more big games than current and former coaches of the NFL. Josh Gordon impact is de minimis compared to Harbaugh's impact on the team.

What BIG GAME has he won in college or pros? His record shows ZERO national championships and ZERO Super Bowl wins. Look at Pete Carroll. Multiple national championships and now a Super Bowl win. Pete Carroll is a winner of the BIG GAMES. There is a difference between BIG GAME winners and losers.

So you are saying we should trade for Pete Carroll? Dude, be real to yourself!
so
They are shopping him IMO because they don't want to pay his long term high salary and that's fine be me since he obviously has shown he CANT WIN THE BIG GAME over and over and over. So ship him out. I'd trade him straight up for Pete Carroll. Or 1st round plus Josh Gordon to the Browns. Those are good deals for us.

Can't win the big game? He has won a lot more big games than current and former coaches of the NFL. Josh Gordon impact is de minimis compared to Harbaugh's impact on the team.

What BIG GAME has he won in college or pros? His record shows ZERO national championships and ZERO Super Bowl wins. Look at Pete Carroll. Multiple national championships and now a Super Bowl win. Pete Carroll is a winner of the BIG GAMES. There is a difference between BIG GAME winners and losers.

So you are saying we should trade for Pete Carroll? Dude, be real to yourself!

So you are suggesting to trade for Pete Carroll? lol Dude, be real to yourself please!
Anyone who wants to or thinks it would be fine to trade away Harbaugh is an utter jackass. He's the reason the 49ers are where they are today. The York track record in hiring head coaches has been awful with the exception of Harbaugh, why would you be ok with jettisoning the beacon of light for a franchise that was a laughing stock until his arrival.

The hot air about "not being able to win the big game is horses**t". It's the man's fourth season coming up. Name me one other coach who has done in his first three years what Harbaugh has done?

I'll wait....
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Anyone who wants to or thinks it would be fine to trade away Harbaugh is an utter jackass. He's the reason the 49ers are where they are today. The York track record in hiring head coaches has been awful with the exception of Harbaugh, why would you be ok with jettisoning the beacon of light for a franchise that was a laughing stock until his arrival.

The hot air about "not being able to win the big game is horses**t". It's the man's fourth season coming up. Name me one other coach who has done in his first three years what Harbaugh has done?

I'll wait....

Every 49er fan thinks the same way. I'm only hoping Coach Harbaugh doesn't have the Parcells bug.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
I'll take a coach that has us consistently competing every year rather than one that wins 1 SB and nothing after that. I know that sounds ridiculous,but in today's NFL it is much harder to win a SB. Winning a SB is great, but being a top 5 team 10 years in a row would be better to me.

Bill Cowher was with the Steelers for almost 20 years and only won 1 SB. By SanDiego's standard, he was a bad coach.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
I'll take a coach that has us consistently competing every year rather than one that wins 1 SB and nothing after that. I know that sounds ridiculous,but in today's NFL it is much harder to win a SB. Winning a SB is great, but being a top 5 team 10 years in a row would be better to me.

Bill Cowher was with the Steelers for almost 20 years and only won 1 SB. By SanDiego's standard, he was a bad coach.

Exactly.

That is why you can't take anything SD says seriously.
I'm a glass ALL THE WAY EMPTY type of guy with a hole in the bottom of it......

Don't pay attention to SanDiegoSeahawk. Fkn troll.
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Don't pay attention to SanDiegoSeahawk. Fkn troll.

Dude is bipolar. Once we win a game again, he'll be all positive again.
Pay JH some big $$$ now to lock him up long term, and if or when things go completely bad or unworkable with him and upper management just move on.
Relax and quit fanning the flames with personal invective!

It is interesting to me that there are rumors about Harbaugh being high maintenance. The same was said about him when he left Stanford. While the AD and staff were happy with his results, some in that office were very happy to see him leave. I'm not sure why he would be high maintenance...what kind of issues can there be that would rise to this? I know he's manic about football but what coach isn't. Oh, to be a fly on the the team admin walls!
What I can't stand I when people call Harbaugh "winey." He's not winey, he's passionate. And when he argues a call with a ref, and when replays show that he is RiGHT, how does that make him winey? Unlike when fans call the seahawks "cheaters", and "seaderall", which HAS been proven true.
Share 49ersWebzone