LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
what if he never wins a superbowl but we make the playoffs every year?

happy with him?
Originally posted by RonMexico:

happy with him?

Sure. I watched and cheered from 1996-Present
Originally posted by 1981_Champions:
Originally posted by LVJay:
the off-season is sad, my man

What exactly is the purpose of circle jerking on a team board? There are no Seahawks, Packer, Cowboy whatever fans on here.

It's okay to let your wall down and be.........honest.

Honest is fine. Batsh*t nuts is another thing altogether.
Originally posted by RonMexico:

happy with him?

All you can ask of him is to get the team in striking distance. If he keeps getting us there we'll get one. If not, it was a great ride and I'll wish they could have pulled one out.
Why couldn't it have been a pick or Gordon for Roman
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Do you remember Jim in the NFL? Did you follow Harbaugh coaching in college? Or you aware of his upbringing? Do you read his quotes in the media?

You think Jim is gonna stick around for 8+ years? His longest coaching tenures are 7 years @ Western Kentucky (unpaid Assistant) and 3 years @ Stanford. His longest playing tenures were 6 years with the Bears and 3 years with the Colts.

That's just not the individual he is. He comes in guns blazing and sooner than later wears out his welcome.

Do you remember Jim in the NFL? Did you follow Harbaugh coaching in college? Or you aware of his upbringing? Do you read his quotes in the media?

You think Jim is gonna stick around for 8+ years? His longest coaching tenures are 7 years @ Western Kentucky (unpaid Assistant) and 3 years @ Stanford. His longest playing tenures were 6 years with the Bears and 3 years with the Colts.

That's just not the individual he is. He comes in guns blazing and sooner than later wears out his welcome.

Nope...just started watching football this year. I know nothing.

Im aware of his history. What's batsh*t nuts is people WANTING to get rid of him. My guess is that in a few months he'll be the highest paid coach in the NFL and all of this crap will look even more comical than it does now.

As for Jim's history...much of that was not his choice and much of it was moving up the ranks. He didn't leave Chicago by choice. He left Indy because Peyton Manning was drafted. He left USD to move up in division to Stanford. He left Stanford to move up the the NFL.

Guess what? The Niners won't fire him anyte soon and there is no higher league to graduate too.

He was at Stanford for 4 years. Do some research. Or just leave
Originally posted by swayze:

"Stanford (NCAA FBS) (2007–2010)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Harbaugh
[ Edited by 1981_Champions on Feb 23, 2014 at 12:44 AM ]
Nope...just started watching football this year. I know nothing.

Im aware of his history. What's batsh*t nuts is people WANTING to get rid of him. My guess is that in a few months he'll be the highest paid coach in the NFL and all of this crap will look even more comical than it does now.

As for Jim's history...much of that was not his choice and much of it was moving up the ranks. He didn't leave Chicago by choice. He left Indy because Peyton Manning was drafted. He left USD to move up in division to Stanford. He left Stanford to move up the the NFL.

Guess what? The Niners won't fire him anyte soon and there is no higher league to graduate too.

Well no trade is impossible. If a team offers us a boat load of draft picks, we must consider. But yeah you are right. Maybe I need to read earlier in the thread because I haven't encountered anyone considering "an upgrade". His stock is currently TOP 5 in the league.

- Jim Harbaugh is a bit overrated. His quick fuse on the sidelines has possibly cost us certain calls if even games. I also think he has a short shelf live with an NFL team. He wears on his roster. I think his confidence was the perfect mix for a guy like Alex Smith.

- We should always keep our options open because I don't trust everything coming out of Jim's mouth. Again, I don't think he's as good as his brother or will stick around as long either. Jim is the perfect guy for an underdog and that's no longer us.

I agree with this.....
They are shopping him IMO because they don't want to pay his long term high salary and that's fine by me since he obviously has shown he CANT WIN THE BIG GAME over and over and over. So ship him out. I'd trade him straight up for Pete Carroll. Or 1st round plus Josh Gordon to the Browns. Those are good deals for us.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Feb 23, 2014 at 1:57 AM ]

It says he was hired in December 2006 and accepted the job from the 49ers in January 2011.

Let's say Jan 2007-Jan 2011 that's four years. Or how about the 2007-2008 football season, 2008-2009 football season, 2009-2010 football season, and 2010-2011 football season. Yep it's 4 years no matter how you slice it. And leaving college to go to the pros is not a bad thing or an indication that you don't like to stay in one place too long. Lateral moves are an indication that you don't want to stay in one place too long.
[ Edited by sking20854 on Feb 23, 2014 at 1:19 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They are shopping him IMO because they don't want to pay his long term high salary and that's fine be me since he obviously has shown he CANT WIN THE BIG GAME over and over and over. So ship him out. I'd trade him straight up for Pete Carroll. Or 1st round plus Josh Gordon to the Browns. Those are good deals for us.

Can't win the big game? He has won a lot more big games than current and former coaches of the NFL. Josh Gordon impact is de minimis compared to Harbaugh's impact on the team.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by swayze:

God, I hate math.

Is that three or four years?
Share 49ersWebzone