LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
He wants 8+ million a year. Hey, I love Jim but until he wins it all he shouldn't be paid like he has won it all. Now I guess one sticking point could be Fisher's deal in St. Louis. Aren't they paying him 7.5+ a year. And Fisher has coached for years and never won anything. So they could be using that as leverage.

Coaches don't count against the cap. Why do we care about how much he's asking?

It is principal, egos, etc, etc, etc. If the 49ers pay Jim this the next guy on another team will use Jim as leverage and there might be some backlash within the league. I know it sounds stupid, but it is what it is.

That is stupid. None of that s**t creates winning teams nor does it pay the bills.

Pay the man.
As much as I dislike this teams inability to finish in the big games. If harbaugh doesn't re up with this team I'm gonna be beyond pissed off.
If Harbaugh's asking for $8M a year, Jed's being retarded for not giving that to him. The market shows that even guys who haven't won a Super Bowl can get paid around that much and we've been the best team in the league each of the last 3 years, just have had heartbreaking b******t go against us that was out of Harbaugh's control. And given how willing Jed York's shown to be with opening his wallet and letting some fresh air in, I gotta think maybe Harbaugh's demanding like $10M+/year or something.
8 mil/yr sounds about right for an elite coach
The fact that the Niners even considered trading Harbaugh pisses me off. Maybe Harbaugh won't even want to resign here any more
Harbaugh is a bit of an attention whore. Even if he didn't have anything to do with this or didn't know about it, don't think he's not loving every minute of it.
so i still havent figured it out, you can trade for head coaches now?
Coincidence this happened right after season 2 House of Cards is released? I think not...
I believe it. An extension still has not been signed and the Niners still have not won the SB. Harbaugh is a significant reason for both getting to Championship games AND losing them. Who could have and should have benched Kyle Williams earlier in the game? Who could have and should have intervened more in playcalling in the redzone in the SB? Who could have and should have looked to upgrade the OC before 2013? Who could have and should have called a timeout in Seattle?

Also those who think Jed is being more like his Dad than his Uncle are dead wrong. Eddie D put HUGE amounts of pressure when Walsh failed to win the SB. That was my one and only critique of Eddie D....Jed might be more like his Uncle in this.....he seems to hate getting so close and not winning it.

All the evidence shows that 3 straight championship games and a bus ticket have bought Harbaugh nothing more than a bus ride. If thrill over this accomplishment was the prevailing emotion for Jed, there would have been a contract extension somewhere in the last 12 months.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
This is very similar to the Gruden situation in Oakland awhile back.Two strong personality head coaches looking for extensions after a successful short stint and a clash with other office people over how much power they get.The Raiders ending up sending Gruden packing for draft picks.The result? Oakland had one good season of Calahan(Gruden's replacement) riding Grudens team to a Superbowl loss(ironically against Gruden) and have done squat since.Be careful what you wish for.

Originally posted by danimal:
I believe it. An extension still has not been signed and the Niners still have not won the SB. Harbaugh is a significant reason for both getting to Championship games AND losing them. Who could have and should have benched Kyle Williams earlier in the game? Who could have and should have intervened more in playcalling in the redzone in the SB? Who could have and should have looked to upgrade the OC before 2013? Who could have and should have called a timeout in Seattle?

Also those who think Jed is being more like his Dad than his Uncle are dead wrong. Eddie D put HUGE amounts of pressure when Walsh failed to win the SB. That was my one and only critique of Eddie D....Jed might be more like his Uncle in this.....he seems to hate getting so close and not winning it.

All the evidence shows that 3 straight championship games and a bus ticket have bought Harbaugh nothing more than a bus ride. If thrill over this accomplishment was the prevailing emotion for Jed, there would have been a contract extension somewhere in the last 12 months.

You're probably going to get a lot of flack for these statements but I completely agree with you and failing to win the SB these past three seasons might be a factor in the ongoing extension negotiations as well.
Originally posted by kujon11:
You can always

The NFL's Anti-Tampering Policy states: "Except for head coaches and high-level club employees (club presidents, general managers, and persons with equivalent responsibility and authority), clubs are not permitted to exchange draft choices or cash for the release of individuals who are under contract to another organization."

Wouldnt cry if he left. HE is the reason why we play such a crappy offensive game.
We have to finally take the next step.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by kujon11:
You can always

The NFL's Anti-Tampering Policy states: "Except for head coaches and high-level club employees (club presidents, general managers, and persons with equivalent responsibility and authority), clubs are not permitted to exchange draft choices or cash for the release of individuals who are under contract to another organization."

Wouldnt cry if he left. HE is the reason why we play such a crappy offensive game.
We have to finally take the next step.

Roman will lead us to 19-0
You dont get it, do you...you really think that this whole conservative is on Roman only???
I don't know much about the situation other than what has been reported. I could only wonder of what's going on.

I once worked with a person with "combustible" personality. Heated discussions were started without reasons. Some people suddenly got on the black list of that person for very minor personal infractions. It was tough on everyone involved, including management. I have no idea if Harbaugh had similar problems with upper management, but if it was similarly crazy, I could see why some people in management wanted to pack him up and send to another team.
Share 49ersWebzone