There are 204 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by fropwns:
Just sign him. For f**k's sake. How hard could it be?

He wants 8+ million a year. Hey, I love Jim but until he wins it all he shouldn't be paid like he has won it all. Now I guess one sticking point could be Fisher's deal in St. Louis. Aren't they paying him 7.5+ a year. And Fisher has coached for years and never won anything. So they could be using that as leverage.

So, you think the Yorks should let one of the best coaches walk over a million dollars a year? If so, you are crazy. I know you new fans don't understand, but I sure as hell dont want to go back to the Erickson/Nolan/Singletary days

He wants 8+ million a year. Hey, I love Jim but until he wins it all he shouldn't be paid like he has won it all. Now I guess one's sticking point could be Fisher's deal in St. Louis. Aren't they paying him 7.5+ a year. And Fisher has coached for years and never won anything. So they could be using that as leverage.

Where did you see he wants 8mill?
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:

He wants 8+ million a year. Hey, I love Jim but until he wins it all he shouldn't be paid like he has won it all. Now I guess one sticking point could be Fisher's deal in St. Louis. Aren't they paying him 7.5+ a year. And Fisher has coached for years and never won anything. So they could be using that as leverage.

So, you think the Yorks should let one of the best coaches walk over a million dollars a year? If so, you are crazy. I know you new fans don't understand, but I sure as hell dont want to go back to the Erickson/Nolan/Singletary days

New fans .. I have been here since 89 dude.

I agree on the million dollars but sometimes it comes down to more than that. Whether we agree with it or not it is the principle of it.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

He wants 8+ million a year. Hey, I love Jim but until he wins it all he shouldn't be paid like he has won it all. Now I guess one's sticking point could be Fisher's deal in St. Louis. Aren't they paying him 7.5+ a year. And Fisher has coached for years and never won anything. So they could be using that as leverage.

Where did you see he wants 8mill?

Just articles indicating that his side wants to be paid like a SB winning coach. Which would put his salary around 8 million per year.

New fans .. I have been here since 89 dude.

I agree on the million dollars but sometimes it comes down to more than that. Whether we agree with it or not it is the principle of it.

If you have been a fan since 89 then you understand the importance of a good head coach. Harbaugh and Singletary had pretty much the same roster. We went 6-10 with Singletary in 2010 and if it wasn't for Kyle Williams we probably would have been Super Bowl champs in 2011. I say pay the man what he wants.
If you have been a fan since 89 then you understand the importance of a good head coach. Harbaugh and Singletary had pretty much the same roster. We went 6-10 with Singletary in 2010 and if it wasn't for Kyle Williams we probably would have been Super Bowl champs in 2011. I say pay the man what he wants.

I agree .. but it often isn't that simple. If I were Jed you can bet your ass I would be paying the man. But I am a die hard and sometimes can't think rationally.
If we did trade Harbaugh who would we then hire as our head coach?
Originally posted by GoNiners:

Probably promote Roman

Probably promote Roman

MM was saying Tomsula. Kind of a shock. But apparently they think really highly of him at all levels of the team. That extends to the fans. I love that guy. How would he be as a coach? Who knows. But I think he is the coach in waiting if Harbaugh ever does bolt (and he doesn't get another opportunity somewhere else).

Coaches don't count against the cap. Why do we care about how much he's asking?

Originally posted by tjd808185:

Coaches don't count against the cap. Why do we care about how much he's asking?

It is principal, egos, etc, etc, etc. If the 49ers pay Jim this the next guy on another team will use Jim as leverage and there might be some backlash within the league. I know it sounds stupid, but it is what it is.
Originally posted by 4ML:
There's too much smoke here. Something went down. I believe it was just posturing though.

Yea Texas and Browns were both interested but Harbaugh was NOT interested according to his agent
It is principal, egos, etc, etc, etc. If the 49ers pay Jim this the next guy on another team will use Jim as leverage and there might be some backlash within the league. I know it sounds stupid, but it is what it is.

The next coach who takes his team to three conference finals in his first 3 years? I wouldn't worry about that. Chip Kelly is making 6.5. Carroll made 7 last season. Andy Reid is making 7.5. Going into last year none of those guys had a ring.

If Andy Reid can justify 7.5 Harbaugh can ask for 8.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Feb 22, 2014 at 12:44 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:

The next coach who takes his team to three conference finals in his first 3 years? I wouldn't worry about that. Chip Kelly is making 6.5. Carroll made 7 last season. Andy Reid is making 7.5. Going into last year none of those guys had a ring.

If Andy Reid can justify 7.5 Harbaugh can ask for 8.

Great points.

Probably promote Roman

MM was saying Tomsula. Kind of a shock. But apparently they think really highly of him at all levels of the team. That extends to the fans. I love that guy. How would he be as a coach? Who knows. But I think he is the coach in waiting if Harbaugh ever does bolt (and he doesn't get another opportunity somewhere else).

Tomsula is the only one that actually had HC experience -- albeit the Europe Rhein Fire. He may seemed like a rah rah guy, but Roman can't touch Tomsula with the HC experience
Share 49ersWebzone