LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 144 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by crabman82:
well a lot of you wanted josh gordon......

Bring in Josh and bring back Shannahan? IDK...
  • buck
  • Veteran
Interesting speculations, but I still do not know what happened.

And I am going to guess that none of us on this board do know.

But, I am sure that next year these unsubstantiated speculations will be cited as facts.
[ Edited by buck on Feb 22, 2014 at 10:06 AM ]
Is it a package deal? JH and Roman?

Hmmm... Decision on how I should feel about it. :/
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I'm with you. I believe an offer might have been made...probably a generous one. I believe an internal discussion might have been had (because of said offer)..and the offer was probably strongly but politely rejected.

This
Is there any chance that Josh Gordon could have been included in the deal? With all the picks, and the possibility of landing a player like Gordon, you have to seriously entertain the offer from the browns if they're selling the farm.
York would be a damn idiot to give Harbaugh away. Successful coaches dont grow on trees.
lol florio says that multiple sources confirmed the story, but only has chris mortensen lol
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
York would be a damn idiot to give me away. Successful coaches dont grow on trees.

Fixed
[ Edited by TexasGuero49 on Feb 22, 2014 at 10:20 AM ]
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I'm with you. I believe an offer might have been made...probably a generous one. I believe an internal discussion might have been had (because of said offer)..and the offer was probably strongly but politely rejected.

This

It all sounds plausible . . . for whatever reason this is supposed to mean "Harbaugh was almost traded".
pretty interesting by ian rapaport

"University of Texas did make a run at him. Didn't get very far"

I do not see a big difference in terms of The Browns and UofTexas at this point.

I blame both sides for this story getting this far. Every year JH has his name brought up for jobs and he toys with the idea. He doesn't come out and say he doesn't want to leave and doesn't want his name brought up. Either he wants to stay long term or he wants something better. If he wants something better and isn't happy being the HC of the 49ers then I would rather just see him move on and not go through this every year. If this is simply a matter of more money then York needs to just pay the man. He is starting to look more like his parents than his uncle. What other coach is York going to find that has done the job JH has done? Three straight championship games and can be argued a play or two per season away from having won multiple Super Bowls, and York wants to play hard ball over money? I think the biggest issue is JH wants more say over the roster and players, and he doesn't have it.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
pretty interesting by ian rapaport

"University of Texas did make a run at him. Didn't get very far"

I do not see a big difference in terms of The Browns and UofTexas at this point.

I'm telling you this is some troll attempt to derail our focus from our very busy and very promising off season. Someone somewhere is just hating and trolling us. But we won't be distracted from the task at hand. We know folks are scared and they have reason to be because we are coming. We are going to keep the right free agents draft the right guys stockpile picks for next season and then get the right bargain free agents after the initial rush. Baalke won't be denied all the while as Jed continues to come up golden in every endeavor he touches. Someone somewhere is very jealous of where we are as a franchise and you know what...F*** em!!!
Originally posted by steiber:
I blame both sides for this story getting this far. Every year JH has his name brought up for jobs and he toys with the idea. He doesn't come out and say he doesn't want to leave and doesn't want his name brought up. Either he wants to stay long term or he wants something better. If he wants something better and isn't happy being the HC of the 49ers then I would rather just see him move on and not go through this every year. If this is simply a matter of more money then York needs to just pay the man. He is starting to look more like his parents than his uncle. What other coach is York going to find that has done the job JH has done? Three straight championship games and can be argued a play or two per season away from having won multiple Super Bowls, and York wants to play hard ball over money? I think the biggest issue is JH wants more say over the roster and players, and he doesn't have it.
I agree. I also might add that Harbaugh should have input but the GM must make the final calls. We don't need a Holmgren. And it is ever so evident based on the market that Jim is due a raise so pay him fair but not as champion... yet!
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
This whole Cleveland Story smells like the Browns called the 49ers to inquire about trading for Harbaugh and got laughed at. Then, Michael Lombardi was salty for being fired and made up some bullsh*t to make the Browns look more upside-down. He most likely exaggerated the truth to shame the Browns FO. He then fed this "news" to Mike Florio, who I'm sure he already knew would go crazy with it and spread it like an STD. Because Lombardi wants to protect his name/image, he told Florio not to name him as the "source". Florio obliged. The story hits the internet, Florio gets attention for a few more minutes, then the hammer of Truth slams down and the 49ers continue to laugh. Moving on....
Originally posted by SaksV:
This whole Cleveland Story smells like the Browns called the 49ers to inquire about trading for Harbaugh and got laughed at. Then, Michael Lombardi was salty for being fired and made up some bullsh*t to make the Browns look more upside-down. He most likely exaggerated the truth to shame the Browns FO. He then fed this "news" to Mike Florio, who I'm sure he already knew would go crazy with it and spread it like an STD. Because Lombardi wants to protect his name/image, he told Florio not to name him as the "source". Florio obliged. The story hits the internet, Florio gets attention for a few more minutes, then the hammer of Truth slams down and the 49ers continue to laugh. Moving on....
So to that I say to Harbaugh... some friend that Mike Lombardi is huh? With friends like that who needs enemies?
Share 49ersWebzone